Nerf BlackHands

• Corrupted Dungeons
    • Nerf BlackHands

I find it abnormal that a class that can go with a 4.1 has damage to kill from 2 E to 8.3 in corrupted.

It should be nerfed from the first day it came out, killing someone is as easy as batting resistance and pure profit.

You have just beaten with a 250k build a thousand players with better pvp builds but they are not able to resist your damage simply because of a resistance swing and they win 2m easily.

nerf already
    • I agree, the damage is disproportionate regardless of build or tier.

Why are you going to play complicated and expensive things, if with such a cheap build you can kill people who are 6 tiers above you and earn 10-20 times the cost of your build?

Well that's the meta, blackhands, cursed, escapists and runners.

have if they work a little the balancing of this game that it seems that decisions are made after a night of partying
    • Not exactly OP due to possible counters (unpurgeable resistance stacking, zoning, etc.), yet making one mistake is enough for your health pool to dissapear almost entirely.
      The vastly different amount of effort required to perform similarly with another weapon just makes BH a top pick for braindead cheese builds that give no margin of error to your opponent.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • damn its almost like chainslash & Q2 gave daggers too much damage in their kit and completely broke their balance and playstyle...

but seriously we need to fix the actual problems (Deadly Swipe & Chainslash) instead of nerfing literally every dagger E one by one and maybe make daggers fun again instead of just button mashing bots
      ~ Kanra
    • I think chainslash is the problem, it deals too much dmg. I mostly do stalker corrupteds and have fought my fair share of blackhands and I actually gear up expecting to meet some. I'm on cleric cowl which i use to block one of their E's, then I'm careful not to proc their cleric robe and use my displacement skill to cancel their assassin helm channel. I also wear cleric robe which I use when they just popped out of their hellion shoes invisibility, and they usually proc it. Even when I've done everything properly, i'm maybe left with 1 bar of hp.
    • touchmenot wrote:

I think chainslash is the problem, it deals too much dmg. I mostly do stalker corrupteds and have fought my fair share of blackhands and I actually gear up expecting to meet some. I'm on cleric cowl which i use to block one of their E's, then I'm careful not to proc their cleric robe and use my displacement skill to cancel their assassin helm channel. I also wear cleric robe which I use when they just popped out of their hellion shoes invisibility, and they usually proc it. Even when I've done everything properly, i'm maybe left with 1 bar of hp.
      The problem is that T4.0 Blackhands hits for 150 true damage same than a 8.3 blackhands. Even if the true damage doesn't scale blackhands damage its to high for a t4.0 or 4.2, like 150 true damage + Damage modifiers. It should be scalated by IP, and getting at max 175 in 8.3 or something like that, and 100 or 90 on t4
    • Kanra.zip wrote:

damn its almost like chainslash & Q2 gave daggers too much damage in their kit and completely broke their balance and playstyle...

but seriously we need to fix the actual problems (Deadly Swipe & Chainslash) instead of nerfing literally every dagger E one by one and maybe make daggers fun again instead of just button mashing bots
      Incidentally, both of these newly added skills were intended to help daggers in PvE situations (i.e. lack of AoE pressure)
      I think you get what happens when the tree with the biggest amount of utility, besides arcane, also with the biggest solo target burst damage is given AoE pressure.
      These 2 skills single handedly made daggers into a hybrid bruiser-assasin class, which should not fucking exist.

As for the skills themselves there are some glaring issues:
      Deadly Swipe:
      • While being a free cast q mobility, which at times of adding was a thing only for the sword tree line, that also required direct adjacency of an enemy to generate stacks. Making the dagger tree a direct substitute for the sticky bruiser role (Indirect sword nerf), with the added advantage of humongous burst E's
      • Deadly Swipe generates the "same stacks" as the Assassin Spirit Q, which increase damage by 6% and increase incoming damage by ~1.9%.
        Assassin spirit's tradeoff for generating stacks out of thin air is the increased incoming damage, but for some reason Deadly Swipe's advantage of free cast Q mobility and the ability to generate multiple stacks depending on the amount of enemies hit is exempt from any direct tradeoff (lmao at those increased mana costs), which I just do not understand.
      Chain Slash:
      • As for my personal understanding of dagger tree's design, they were never intended to be balanced with either AoE pressure damage or a direct damaging W, as glaringly visible by utility overload on W's and abundant burst damage on E's.
      • This skill singlehandedly ruined those 2 fundamentals: AoE pressure made daggers a direct substitute for a utility-based bruiser (I kinda feel bad for swords), while the added direct damage made it possible to combo people even further after your E, which increased the already high burst potential for the dagger tree. (Obvious comparison to the recent "Dagger pair nuke" in the 2v2 HG's).
      And the worst part of it all is that the devs will never remove the added AoE pressure skills to a tree that was never suited to them in the first place, because "Muh dagger's gotta farm solo dungeons" in a game that was never balanced for solo content, ever.
      FUCKING FUCK.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • I see that you are a bh user, but I'm sorry to tell you that playing with a 200k build that kills an 8.3 is not balanced, if you make a slight mistake it kills you.

The scaling is the same in 8.3 as in 4.1, what's the point?

It is normal that it hurts to have your weapon nerfed, but this game has to be balanced.

I no longer fight them, I pass from dying for 50k profit at high level

@kheeta
    • I'm up to the hilt to die against black hands, with build 4.2 overloaded because it's super strong.

Gameplay bh: Boots, E + W, Cleric + helmet, repeat until the enemy is eliminated.

2 E death

Retroman

Nerf already this garbage

You only need to look at statistics of builds in corrupt, everything is black hands.

Check out the most used build on murderledger

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gacox ().

• Gacox wrote:

I see that you are a bh user, but I'm sorry to tell you that playing with a 200k build that kills an 8.3 is not balanced, if you make a slight mistake it kills you.

The scaling is the same in 8.3 as in 4.1, what's the point?

It is normal that it hurts to have your weapon nerfed, but this game has to be balanced.

I no longer fight them, I pass from dying for 50k profit at high level

@kheeta
      You don’t read properly
      I don’t play bh at all because I don’t like how it looks and don’t like easy-played-builds
      And I win bh 99/100 using builds I said before
      U just need to be smart and reset to swap skills and use resist pots
      U just use any of your dash options in time to block his dmg bonus from hellion boots, force field on cowl, ambush for same purpose
      Burst him, space out, repeat and don’t give him opportunity to use his full combo with his boots dmg bonus = win
    • The issue not in BH, but in the game mechanics that allows nonscaled true damage and poisons as well.
      Poison damage and true damage are scaled with damage modifiers. they MUST NOT. cleric robe+food+boots give +100% damage, it means that pure damage from BG E+poison do 300+510 damage alone. And your IP does not matter.
      Then we have thetford cape that has very poorly scaled with IP damage and is affected by damage modifiers as well. So 4.3 cape adds another 250 damage not linked with your gear or CD difficulty. So we have 1000 damage from E+cape+poison and 400-800 damage from Q+W that is scaled with IP. So BH can do 1400 damage in 4.2 or 1800 damage in 8.1 (because there is a soft IP cap on slayer). 6 times more expensive set adds only 28% damage.
      And no need to mention that 1400 damage is absolutely devastating on stalker mode where ppl have 2100-2200 HP