Tell me why reducing the max durability of an item every time you repair it by 1 is a bad idea?

    • Economy

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • You've answered your own question :D.

      Buying stuff on the market place would be a hassle, especially if you buy them in bulk.

      Selling loot from PvP would be a nightmare because people want new stuff :D.

      You can sell them at a discount but a large portion of the player base wouldn't bother to check the discount, just like how most people buy the cheapest T7 armor instead of T6.1 masterpiece at the same price.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      You've answered your own question :D.

      Buying stuff on the market place would be a hassle, especially if you buy them in bulk.

      Selling loot from PvP would be a nightmare because people want new stuff :D.

      You can sell them at a discount but a large portion of the player base wouldn't bother to check the discount, just like how most people buy the cheapest T7 armor instead of T6.1 masterpiece at the same price.
      Nonsense
      There’s a lot of OWMMO where such scheme exists
      For example Ultima Online
      You have 80/80 durability on item
      You use it and it becomes 1/80
      You repair it and it becomes 79/79
      When it becomes 10/10 for example you need to use some rare and expensive item to make it 80/80 again
      That makes great scheme to take silver from the game
    • kheeta wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      You've answered your own question :D.

      Buying stuff on the market place would be a hassle, especially if you buy them in bulk.

      Selling loot from PvP would be a nightmare because people want new stuff :D.

      You can sell them at a discount but a large portion of the player base wouldn't bother to check the discount, just like how most people buy the cheapest T7 armor instead of T6.1 masterpiece at the same price.
      NonsenseThere’s a lot of OWMMO where such scheme exists
      For example Ultima Online
      You have 80/80 durability on item
      You use it and it becomes 1/80
      You repair it and it becomes 79/79
      When it becomes 10/10 for example you need to use some rare and expensive item to make it 80/80 again
      That makes great scheme to take silver from the game
      I'm not saying things from the perspective of other games. I said what I thought might happen.

      You called my evaluation nonsense, but you did not propose any method to prevent or at least alleviate the potential problems i presented. You just said something similar is there in a different game. There are numerous other feature in numerous other games that isn't or can't be a part of this game, not just whatever you mentioned.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Because it is adding another layer of convolution and obfuscation to an otherwise simple system.

      Having decreased maximum durability would add unnecessary complexity to the market dynamic that already exists.
      When you buy something on the market you know what condition it is in when you get it.
      This allows for mass buy orders of an assured quality, making it easier to both purchase, for the buyer, and fulfill, for the seller.

      Adding an extra variable, just for the sake of having it, is creating needless systems of complication.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • tabooshka wrote:

      just make "worn" items non marketable, easy.
      Then how do you proposed PvP loot be sold?? People kill each other, which is the core of this game, because they gain something out of it. If there's no loot when you kill people, the whole game goes down.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • I think this is a bad idea for multiple reasons.

      1) its a system that would make many things annoying in the game (like previously stated, how would these different durability items stack?)

      2) the repair fee is already absurdly high for damaged items. I bought a t6 warbow from the market for 20k and suicided 2 times to drop the durability to 30% and the repair cost of the warbow was 20k, meaning that it if it was any lower in durability than 30%, it would be cheaper to trash my warbow and buy a new one from the market to use.

      3) items already have a trash rate upon death to help facilitate the flow of new items into the game, the rate at which these items trash from pvp, not a single item would ever reach 0% before it would probably trash from death (unless its a HCE equipment that is not risked in PvP) I feel this mechanic would only be relevant to high end HCE gear which is repaired often but never risked upon death and people already pay a fortune to repair this type of gear, I feel like a mechanic like this is not necessary

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Dip ().

    • Bogul wrote:

      tabooshka wrote:

      just make "worn" items non marketable, easy.
      I suppose you could have a durability filter on the marketplace.
      Pristine (100/100) ; Used (70-99/100) ; Worn (30-69) ; Rough (1-29).

      Including a higher trash chance for low durability items, but maybe lower repair costs too as a trade-off.
      Then back to first problem where buying item in bulk would be a nightmare because those with 70 and 99 durability will be in the same category and you have to manually check.

      Also, the selling loot problem would still be there, as most people will buy pristine (100/100), so PvP loots, which are usually broken and repaired, will stay on the market very long and keep piling up.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Hey Bogul,
      Why adding so much complexity ? Why reducing the max durability of an item every time you repair it by 1 ?

      If you want high tier gears to be replaced more often, just ask for a break rate.
      When an item is repaired, it can trash with X% chance.

      If you use repair station in safe zones, it has a high chance to trash but low cost to repair.
      If you use a crafted Repair table, it cost way more but the trash rate is lower.

      This idea will give sense to the repair table.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      You've answered your own question :D.

      Buying stuff on the market place would be a hassle, especially if you buy them in bulk.

      Selling loot from PvP would be a nightmare because people want new stuff :D.

      You can sell them at a discount but a large portion of the player base wouldn't bother to check the discount, just like how most people buy the cheapest T7 armor instead of T6.1 masterpiece at the same price.
      NonsenseThere’s a lot of OWMMO where such scheme existsFor example Ultima Online
      You have 80/80 durability on item
      You use it and it becomes 1/80
      You repair it and it becomes 79/79
      When it becomes 10/10 for example you need to use some rare and expensive item to make it 80/80 again
      That makes great scheme to take silver from the game
      I'm not saying things from the perspective of other games. I said what I thought might happen.
      You called my evaluation nonsense, but you did not propose any method to prevent or at least alleviate the potential problems i presented. You just said something similar is there in a different game. There are numerous other feature in numerous other games that isn't or can't be a part of this game, not just whatever you mentioned.
      I’ve posted exact scheme how to fix problem you said just by adding one item into the game
      Let’s name it “powder of full repairing”
      Let it cost something like 5-50k of silver depends on tier
      When you use this powder on used item it becomes “full repaired” and you could bulk it again like fresh new crafted one
      No problems at all
      Read carefully