New attack timers: Is Albion territory pvp supposed to only be truly accessible to the unemployed?

• New attack timers: Is Albion territory pvp supposed to only be truly accessible to the unemployed?

From the patch notes:
    GvG changes:
    Attacks against construction territories now always have a minimum time of 12 hours in the future
    Attacks against resource territories now always have a minimum time of 3 hours in the future
    It should no longer be possible to declare an attack which occurs sooner than these timers allow (bugfix)

How this is going to roll:

So I come home from work, run a few errands, maybe lift some weights, eat some food and log on to Albion to find out if there are any attacks. But wait, those attacks already happened and I never knew about them! And unless the entire guild's pvp staff is on call 24/7 and share all their real life phone numbers to a whole lot of people so they can be called at any moment, they might not know in time to respond either, even if they log in every day.

This really needs to be a minimum of at least 24 hours notice before any kind of attack unless you only want unemployed people to really be able to participate fully in territory pvp. And let me tell you this, unemployed people are probably are not going to be the people funding the game to keep it running and in development.

Not to mention that the game is already a lot of work for the amount of fun you can get. I don't want to be on call 24/7 on top of that. I've been known to spend above the median in f2p games, but I will not be sticking around if this becomes a second job that I can't even be a full participant in. A second job that is more stressful than my first job no less.
  • It's extremely difficult for anyone to have a crack team online, notified, equipped, and ready in 3 hours. It sounds like it should be easy...but it's not.

This actually is pretty much a headshot to anyone who is going to try to own territory as a small guild. Only monolithic alliances with huge player bases to draw ready defenders from on short notice will benefit from this.

A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kimsemus ().

• Eee but you choose 4 hours in which enemy can attack you so you choose those hours so you will be available in those hours to defend your pvp. So what's the matter? It's not like they can attack you when you sleep, of course if you choose your hours when they can attack for the time your sleeping your obviously doing something wrong...
  • Fikus wrote:

Eee but you choose 4 hours in which enemy can attack you so you choose those hours so you will be available in those hours to defend your pvp. So what's the matter? It's not like they can attack you when you sleep, of course if you choose your hours when they can attack for the time your sleeping your obviously doing something wrong...

This doesn't bother goons or other large guilds as much. What it does hurt are smaller orgs that have smaller bases to draw on. 3h delays are set within their primetime window yes, but they may not otherwise have the people online to fight the 5v5, or not have their a-team or b-team, or not have (through their own fault) pre-farmed the gear to defend.

24h provides ample time for smaller guilds to make sure their better players are on, equipped, and ready.

This is a nerf to small guilds, not large ones, whether it's intended or not.

A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule.
  • Fikus wrote:

Eee but you choose 4 hours in which enemy can attack you so you choose those hours so you will be available in those hours to defend your pvp. So what's the matter? It's not like they can attack you when you sleep, of course if you choose your hours when they can attack for the time your sleeping your obviously doing something wrong...

It means that you have to have a 5v5 team on standby, 7 days a week who can defend your entire attack window with as little as a 3 hour notice. A notice so small that an attack can be launched and fought and another attack queued up all within the same day.

This will be an unbearably large burden for smaller guilds.
  • Fikus wrote:

Eee but you choose 4 hours in which enemy can attack you so you choose those hours to defend your pvp. So what's the matter? It's not like they can attack you when you sleep, of course if you choose your hours when they can attack for the time your sleeping your obviously doing something wrong...

Sometimes I like to do things other than play Albion every day. Sometimes I have things planned to do with other people that I made during the day that I might change the time for if I knew an attack was coming. Sometimes I want to take a nap when I get home, and so checking Albion may not be the thing I want to do.

If I have to let Albion dictate every afternoon and evening of every day so I can just keep notified of if things need doing for a defense so a response can be made in time, then I'm probably just not going to play unless interesting things besides 5v5s that can be done any time I want that I can participate in are added to the game.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Suzera ().

• *In the near future*

This is Sarah Smith with channel 13 news. There has been a recent outbreak of traffic accidents starting in winter 2015. What could be the culprit? We are talking now with one of the drivers of the vehicles that is supposed to be at fault.

"Tell me, why DID you run into and kill that family of 4 on the other side of the highway...?"

"Well, there's this video game called Albion Online you see. And I have to figure out if our territory is going to be attacked or we could lose days or weeks of boring labor if we lose it, so I picked up my phone to check my guild's website and...