About Forums and new generations

• About Forums and new generations

Here's how to scare civilized people away :

Left bad kids to rot the forum with their bad faith and passive aggressiveness.

Smart people come here to interact with other smart people and have a good time around a nice open discussion, but find themselves surrounded by surly and frustrated kids trying to prove that only their opinion matters and that other people's ideas suck.

"We must ignore them" you will say to me, but there comes a time when enough is enough. The moderators let these angry children go free, not considering their bad faith as a fault, which makes a forum highly toxic.

This is true for all the forums, I believe it is a question of generation. The new young people are completely frustrated and they think that those who do not agree with them are their enemies. You can't talk to them, they are unbearable.

The more you talk to them, the more you lower yourself to their level. They're like swamps, the more you move (to demand basic respect) the more you sink.

The post was edited 1 time, last by LeDruide ().

• Stop turning yourself into some kind of a martyr over the forums. Your suggestions were criticized because they were simply put - bad. People were kind enough to explain to you in lengthy post "why" they didn't like your suggestions. Yet you decide to ignore any feedback and consider yourself an "high intellectual" who could never be wrong. All others on the forum being peasant who could never see things on the level of your high druidic point of view... "Everyone else is wrong and everything is toxic" is a good life motto to live by, good luck with that.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • I have no problem debating my ideas. The problem is in the way they debate. There is always a little murderous sentence to belittle the other, tell him that he must disappear, etc ... They systematically engage their ego, they are unable to remain courteous, they always have to throw spades. They are unbearable.

"i firmly believe you are a troll" : The state of mind in which I say things does not change what I say.

The post was edited 3 times, last by LeDruide ().

• Lohend wrote:

Stop turning yourself into some kind of a martyr over the forums. Your suggestions were criticized because they were simply put - bad. People were kind enough to explain to you in lengthy post "why" they didn't like your suggestions. Yet you decide to ignore any feedback and consider yourself an "high intellectual" who could never be wrong. All others on the forum being peasant who could never see things on the level of your high druidic point of view... "Everyone else is wrong and everything is toxic" is a good life motto to live by, good luck with that.
      He is our martyr, and our last hope.
      He is our frodo taking the ring through the dark lands of mordor.
      Only he can restore peace and order, and talk devs into making albion a turn based game. Because thats what we need at this desperete times, another wakfu clone.
      So don't mess with our jesus, wakfu agenda will come into albion eventually and you all faithless bastards will submit. We shall rule the albion dimension.. one skill per turn.
    • LeDruide wrote:

Here's how to scare civilized people away :

Left bad kids to rot the forum with their bad faith and passive aggressiveness.

Smart people come here to interact with other smart people and have a good time around a nice open discussion, but find themselves surrounded by surly and frustrated kids trying to prove that only their opinion matters and that other people's ideas suck.

"We must ignore them" you will say to me, but there comes a time when enough is enough. The moderators let these angry children go free, not considering their bad faith as a fault, which makes a forum highly toxic.

This is true for all the forums, I believe it is a question of generation. The new young people are completely frustrated and they think that those who do not agree with them are their enemies. You can't talk to them, they are unbearable.

The more you talk to them, the more you lower yourself to their level. They're like swamps, the more you move (to demand basic respect) the more you sink.

Dunning-Krugger syndrome example.