Frost E area is ridiculous

    • Stormlord wrote:

      I always base my opinions on how hard those players are too catch and the Frost staff and really bloody hard to catch and i use the double bladed. Most pvpers gtfo if they think they are going too lose

      dps wise - they are strong - always have been - strange it been brought up that it isn't

      i think a rebalance is not a alien concept for this weapon but a few tweaks too make it more boring

      <3 storm
      "a few tweaks too make it more boring" You sir, you are a freaking genius at designing games, lets give this man a reward and a full year contract with SBI, some players ask for buffs to make their favourite weapon more enjoyable, but you actually ask for devs to make other peoples weapons more boring, do you even remember this is a game? And games are designed around having fun and being enjoyable?
    • deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
    • Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
      there is multiple ways to balance and not killing kite form
      it dont have be a dash,blick etc.. it can be some sort of CC/clons etc..
    • deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
      there is multiple ways to balance and not killing kite formit dont have be a dash,blick etc.. it can be some sort of CC/clons etc..
      Like replacing nova (one of the most fun skills in game) with that W on cursed which roots? That one no one uses? Yeah, seems... fun...
      Btw how does that even solve the kiting problem? What prevents this players from just rooting you and walking away? Do you realize how toxic a frost with double ranged root would be? I belive you are not thinking this trough.
      Frost will be always a kiter class same with bows because of how the dps is designed, I prefer to have an instant blink, avoid skillshots, and make the game feel more responsive and interactive, than having another root to just spam roots and walk away.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Clasics ().

    • Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
      there is multiple ways to balance and not killing kite formit dont have be a dash,blick etc.. it can be some sort of CC/clons etc..
      Like replacing nova (one of the most fun skills in game) with that W on cursed which roots? That one no one uses? Yeah, seems... fun...Btw how does that even solve the kiting problem? What prevents this players from just rooting you and walking away? Do you realize how toxic a frost with double ranged root would be? I belive you are not thinking this trough.
      Frost will be always a kiter class same with bows because of how the dps is designed, I prefer to have an instant blink, avoid skillshots, and make the game feel more responsive and interactive, than having another root to just spam roots and walk away.
      Do you know first frost was without frost nova ? biased frost fan boy :)
    • Clasics wrote:

      Stormlord wrote:

      I always base my opinions on how hard those players are too catch and the Frost staff and really bloody hard to catch and i use the double bladed. Most pvpers gtfo if they think they are going too lose

      dps wise - they are strong - always have been - strange it been brought up that it isn't

      i think a rebalance is not a alien concept for this weapon but a few tweaks too make it more boring

      <3 storm
      "a few tweaks too make it more boring" You sir, you are a freaking genius at designing games, lets give this man a reward and a full year contract with SBI, some players ask for buffs to make their favourite weapon more enjoyable, but you actually ask for devs to make other peoples weapons more boring, do you even remember this is a game? And games are designed around having fun and being enjoyable?
      Unfortunately i do from playing this game bud

      A unbalanced weapon is fun too play as it whales on it competitors which is why their will always be crowd of players yellow "Leave X alone!" and another yelling "This X is BS, needs nerf"

      While I suspect you were just being nasty ill help too inform anyway

      <3 storm
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

      discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
      there is multiple ways to balance and not killing kite formit dont have be a dash,blick etc.. it can be some sort of CC/clons etc..
      Like replacing nova (one of the most fun skills in game) with that W on cursed which roots? That one no one uses? Yeah, seems... fun...Btw how does that even solve the kiting problem? What prevents this players from just rooting you and walking away? Do you realize how toxic a frost with double ranged root would be? I belive you are not thinking this trough.Frost will be always a kiter class same with bows because of how the dps is designed, I prefer to have an instant blink, avoid skillshots, and make the game feel more responsive and interactive, than having another root to just spam roots and walk away.
      Do you know first frost was without frost nova ? biased frost fan boy :)
      What's your point? Maybe there's a reason why they added that skill... Plus i'm discussing modern albion, You want to talk about beta stuff? Wrong post.

      Anyway You crybabys win, frost was butchered beyond unplayable, enjoy your mace/spear meta, i'll have fun once You start crying about those weapons.

      Keep on crying maybe uin 2 years, every weapon will become a boring bland useless piece of shit, and most dedícated players will move on, but hey at least you crybabys will have some balance...
    • Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      deenne wrote:

      did any frost user here adminted that fact E is bugged and root is almost instant not after 3 stacks ?
      im just saying.

      we need huge change on bows/frost.. take off that frost shot and frost nova.. if you want running circles go to the gym IRL..
      Even better, lets just delete every weapon with interesting or fun deisgns and then replace them with axes, so we all just run blindly against our opponent until one of us die, oh wait even better, lets delete all skills, so this becomes runescape4
      there is multiple ways to balance and not killing kite formit dont have be a dash,blick etc.. it can be some sort of CC/clons etc..
      Like replacing nova (one of the most fun skills in game) with that W on cursed which roots? That one no one uses? Yeah, seems... fun...Btw how does that even solve the kiting problem? What prevents this players from just rooting you and walking away? Do you realize how toxic a frost with double ranged root would be? I belive you are not thinking this trough.Frost will be always a kiter class same with bows because of how the dps is designed, I prefer to have an instant blink, avoid skillshots, and make the game feel more responsive and interactive, than having another root to just spam roots and walk away.
      Do you know first frost was without frost nova ? biased frost fan boy :)
      What's your point? Maybe there's a reason why they added that skill... Plus i'm discussing modern albion, You want to talk about beta stuff? Wrong post.
      Anyway You crybabys win, frost was butchered beyond unplayable, enjoy your mace/spear meta, i'll have fun once You start crying about those weapons.

      Keep on crying maybe uin 2 years, every weapon will become a boring bland useless piece of shit, and most dedícated players will move on, but hey at least you crybabys will have some balance...
      I did proposal to delete frost nova and replae it with frost clone, jump backwards on 5m and create FROST CLONE that explode and slow enemy for 60% for 3-5sec. no more reseting fight after bad start, no more infinity kiting, still viable to kite melle with my proposal and E root and Q slow :) but you know what ? if this will be apllied every non skilled E,W gamepaly wll be delete from game :) if you are that love frost and skilled plays I think you should agree with me :)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

    • Stormlord wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      Stormlord wrote:

      I always base my opinions on how hard those players are too catch and the Frost staff and really bloody hard to catch and i use the double bladed. Most pvpers gtfo if they think they are going too lose

      dps wise - they are strong - always have been - strange it been brought up that it isn't

      i think a rebalance is not a alien concept for this weapon but a few tweaks too make it more boring

      <3 storm
      "a few tweaks too make it more boring" You sir, you are a freaking genius at designing games, lets give this man a reward and a full year contract with SBI, some players ask for buffs to make their favourite weapon more enjoyable, but you actually ask for devs to make other peoples weapons more boring, do you even remember this is a game? And games are designed around having fun and being enjoyable?
      Unfortunately i do from playing this game bud
      A unbalanced weapon is fun too play as it whales on it competitors which is why their will always be crowd of players yellow "Leave X alone!" and another yelling "This X is BS, needs nerf"

      While I suspect you were just being nasty ill help too inform anyway

      <3 sstorm
      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced, and the real problem are plate armors, biased people still insist on ruining a weapon tons of players enjoy and love to play.

      You actually asked for sbi to make frost more boring, your words not mine.

      Not only that works against basic Game design philosophy but You also shitted over every player who enjoyed this weapon, i would really love to see your reaction if suddenly a small portion of unexperienced players start to ask very vocally to purposely ruin your personal favourite weapon.
    • Clasics wrote:

      Stormlord wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      Stormlord wrote:

      I always base my opinions on how hard those players are too catch and the Frost staff and really bloody hard to catch and i use the double bladed. Most pvpers gtfo if they think they are going too lose

      dps wise - they are strong - always have been - strange it been brought up that it isn't

      i think a rebalance is not a alien concept for this weapon but a few tweaks too make it more boring

      <3 storm
      "a few tweaks too make it more boring" You sir, you are a freaking genius at designing games, lets give this man a reward and a full year contract with SBI, some players ask for buffs to make their favourite weapon more enjoyable, but you actually ask for devs to make other peoples weapons more boring, do you even remember this is a game? And games are designed around having fun and being enjoyable?
      Unfortunately i do from playing this game budA unbalanced weapon is fun too play as it whales on it competitors which is why their will always be crowd of players yellow "Leave X alone!" and another yelling "This X is BS, needs nerf"

      While I suspect you were just being nasty ill help too inform anyway

      <3 sstorm
      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced, and the real problem are plate armors, biased people still insist on ruining a weapon tons of players enjoy and love to play.
      You actually asked for sbi to make frost more boring, your words not mine.

      Not only that works against basic Game design philosophy but You also shitted over every player who enjoyed this weapon, i would really love to see your reaction if suddenly a small portion of unexperienced players start to ask very vocally to purposely ruin your personal favourite weapon.
      And as i said, you will have defenders and attackers and any weapon. while i may of shitted on Ice staff users, i have given hope to every mofo sequence stunned by them as death whales down on them.

      FROM MY EXPERIANCE

      the combination of stuns and a absolute banger of a Q, the DPS that this tree can put out should be carefully watched as i have seen some stupid numbers

      can a cleanse help, for sure.

      the problems with arguments about balancing it devolves into "well if you had this"

      IF U HA... TF U ON MOFO!?

      most pvp is situational and if you always having a "If this appears, have this piece of gear" mentality then your build is perpetually fucked by the latest meta.

      mb the answer isn't a nerf on the ice staffs but and rapid use cleanse potion, which kind of ruins your fun anyway
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

      discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • moking wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after multiple examples of how frost is actually balanced,
      Strong the delusion is with this one - yoda probably
      You got tired of spitting BS, so all you got left are insults. You call me delusional once again because you can't accept the fact you lack knowledge about the game and a lot more practice, but anyway you won, frost was again nerfed. Enjoy it.
    • Saying "it's not frost being unbalanced! it's plate armor!" is a stupid argument to make tbh. Frost was so good it could use plate and not have it matter because it didn't need the +dmg from lighter armor to destroy people.

      I think the change to Frost was called for, people are still running "top tier" in CD with 1h frost. If the E change was too much, SBI should just scale it up a bit instead of knee-jerking like they always do.

      Personally, I think the way to have broken the plate/frost meta is to lower the amount of +CC that the magic staves receive from plate.

      Right now, having armor either simply be +CC or +dmg pushes fighter types into the light armor and ranged types into the heavier armor(or just merc jacket), especially in 1v1/CD situations.

      I was the one to first suggest that plate armor should have the highest +CC and cloth the highest +dmg(will bring that up until SBI acknowledges it and brings Giant Steps back to the Greathammer where it belongs). However now I think that there needs to be an item synergy bonus of sorts, so for instance Soldier armor may have +10% dmg/ +40% CC, but I think it should be something like +10% dmg/+40% CC(+20% for Staves) and have Cloth armor be the same for damage to melee weapons. The numbers here don't meant shit and are just to give an idea for the concept, this could nudge magic users into lighter armors and fighters into heavier armors. I've spoken to many people who have been disappointed at the fact that they can't play a "Warrior" type character, fighting in plate, and be effective, that they instead have to run around in a dress to do enough damage to be competitive, except in a few circumstances where you can do things like infinite reset with plate Qstaff or what have you.

      People should be able to play what they want, whether it's a mage who wears guardian armor or a warrior who wears robes, but having that be the all-but-mandatory meta is just stupid.




      It's early for me and none of that made sense most likely, but it's the best idea around here in years, and SBI, I'll be expecting my plaque in short order. I think it should read "In honor of his incredible insight and saving our game, pointing out our stupid decisions and fixing our mistakes, we hereby award this plaque to God-King Abaddon. Make the Greathammer Great Again, 2021."

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Abaddon_Rull ().

    • pinto wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced
      explain me exactly how frost is balanced for CD?is it balanced having CC, high DPS and mobility in a ranged weapon?
      It has been established, frost has the lowest dps across all rdps weapons, and spears, that damage you are complaining about comes from morgana cape, which can be entirely avoided by walking away, or purged, plus is pretty expensive, cc and mobility are the only trades we have to be competitive, since our skills have cast times and pin you to the ground, if you actually know how to play, beating a frost is easy, they can't chase you, can't punish most classes mistakes, and if they do one mistake they are usually dead, but most players you will read here, just know how to push forward, eat every skill, most don't even know what a purge means, they die into morgana cape and then come here to cry like babies, yet somehow they get the nerfs they ask for. Might be because devs don't even play this game anymore.
    • Clasics wrote:

      pinto wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced
      explain me exactly how frost is balanced for CD?is it balanced having CC, high DPS and mobility in a ranged weapon?
      It has been established, frost has the lowest dps across all rdps weapons, and spears, that damage you are complaining about comes from morgana cape, which can be entirely avoided by walking away, or purged, plus is pretty expensive, cc and mobility are the only trades we have to be competitive, since our skills have cast times and pin you to the ground, if you actually know how to play, beating a frost is easy, they can't chase you, can't punish most classes mistakes, and if they do one mistake they are usually dead, but most players you will read here, just know how to push forward, eat every skill, most don't even know what a purge means, they die into morgana cape and then come here to cry like babies, yet somehow they get the nerfs they ask for. Might be because devs don't even play this game anymore.
      frost is so weak that it rules the entire infamy leaderboard.
    • Yeah... frost is a bit too powerful right now.

      It has some of the most competitive CC around, yet it has the kind of damage that can even make axes blush. When's the last time you saw a guy using any of the fire staves?

      There's a reason it's on top of the infamy leaderboard.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ignisium: Frost does not have much mobility. oops. ().

    • jwhite179 wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      pinto wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced
      explain me exactly how frost is balanced for CD?is it balanced having CC, high DPS and mobility in a ranged weapon?
      It has been established, frost has the lowest dps across all rdps weapons
      Imagine thinking frost has lower dps than arcane.
      Arcane staff is designed as a support tree not a rdps.....

      Ignisium wrote:

      Yeah... frost is a bit too powerful right now.

      It has some of the most competitive CC around, yet it has the kind of damage that can even make axes blush. When's the last time you saw a guy using any of the fire staves?

      There's a reason it's on top of the infamy leaderboard.
      Infamy board is based on skippers, every one who reaches top 100 skip every single fight they feel they can't win, having good mobility doesn't mean being overpowered in any sense. 1h fire staff for example has twice the dps of a frost and forces you to run away with one single E, the only reason why fire users can't reach the top is because they lack the mobility to skip unfair encounters.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Clasics ().

    • Clasics wrote:

      jwhite179 wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      pinto wrote:

      Clasics wrote:

      It's funny, people call me biased, yet after múltiple examples of how frost is actually balanced
      explain me exactly how frost is balanced for CD?is it balanced having CC, high DPS and mobility in a ranged weapon?
      It has been established, frost has the lowest dps across all rdps weapons
      Imagine thinking frost has lower dps than arcane.
      Arcane staff is designed as a support tree not a rdps.....

      Ignisium wrote:

      Yeah... frost is a bit too powerful right now.

      It has some of the most competitive CC around, yet it has the kind of damage that can even make axes blush. When's the last time you saw a guy using any of the fire staves?

      There's a reason it's on top of the infamy leaderboard.
      Infamy board is based on skippers, every one who reaches top 100 skip every single fight they feel they can't win, having good mobility doesn't mean being overpowered in any sense. 1h fire staff for example has twice the dps of a frost and forces you to run away with one single E, the only reason why fire users can't reach the top is because they lack the mobility to skip unfair encounters.
      frost has mobility, CC and low cooldown, every high infamy player plays it or other hard CC weapons, so yes, it's OP, stop blabbering about it, what u think doesn't matter, 1h frost is OP in CDG and it's a fact.
      if it wasn't OP top infamy players wouldn't be using it.