[Hellgate Changes] 10v10 Design Issues & Solutions

• Hellgates
    • [Hellgate Changes] 10v10 Design Issues & Solutions

With the current design of 10v10 Hellgates there is too little incentive to be the first team to enter empty gates. No show chests are significantly under-tuned. I suggest redistributing it to give players incentive to start gating while they're empty or remain in gates after defeating some teams followed by getting no-shows so that they might still be present to fight the next team that forms.

First I think it's important to acknowledge that while gates are more active than they were before it's thanks to community efforts outside the game which compensate for a broken system. When you look at the hellgate stats it may seem like things are going well compared to before, but what the developers don't seem to realize is that the top players are forced to check 10-15 different discords and twitch to see if teams are playing or even both sides coordinating to fight each other. In spite of the community going to these lengths gates go empty for long periods of time. This is because entering empty gates is simply worthless from a time investment and organizational difficulty perspective.

Turn the design on its head. Treat Hellgates like a resource. Empty gates should be VERY profitable to force teams to fight over them.

To get people inside organically the dynamic needs to be:

"omg I think gates are empty right now lets go"

instead of

"gates are empty right now so there's no point in doing the content"

Coordinating scheduled fighting with your opponents in discord or on twitch is not how this should work. Please reconsider your position.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Goof ().

• i feel like at this point it needs some kind of different reward aswell, like arena sigils but for hellgates, where you can trade it for vanity stuff or mounts.

and maybe the fact that 10s doesnt have any other content(a more competitive one), like 5s that have hellgates and crystal can be a factor to why new people dont try to play it that much.
    • 110% Support

I can't stress this enough, running away and avoiding a fight is considered a win in Corrupted Dungeons.
      You don't have that luxury in any hellgates anymore due to the lava mechanic putting a complete end to continous reset comps, double warbows, etc. Thank God

Goof wrote:

Turn the design on its head. Treat Hellgates like a resource. Empty gates should be VERY profitable to force teams to fight over them.

To get people inside organically the dynamic needs to be:

"omg I think gates are empty right now lets go"

instead of

"gates are empty right now so there's no point in doing the content"

Coordinating scheduled fighting with your opponents in discord or on twitch is not how this should work. Please reconsider your position.
    • agree 100% with everything in the post. and the most crucial detail is that players have to check other people's discord servers and twitch stream to run these hellgates, this shouldn't be the first thing you want to do when you want to start a hellgate group.