Parry Strike unresponsive

• Combat Balance
    • Parry Strike unresponsive

There is short delay, an animation, when activating Parry Strike. This is real bad for timing the skill because of it's short duration. You often use it too late even though you press the button while the enemy skill is still casting, that's because of animation I mentioned you might still get hit when your animation takes longer than enemy skill to finish casting.
      It should be instant with latency being only issue.
    • Unangwata wrote:

There is short delay, an animation, when activating Parry Strike. This is real bad for timing the skill because of it's short duration. You often use it too late even though you press the button while the enemy skill is still casting, that's because of animation I mentioned you might still get hit when your animation takes longer than enemy skill to finish casting.
      Uhm, yeah, the activating animation on Parry Strike is intentional, just like animation on all other abilities. ?(
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Uhm, yeah, the activating animation on Parry Strike is intentional, just like animation on all other abilities. ?(
      Intentional on ability that lasts 0.8 sec ? Give me a break
      Not to mention it's reactive ability unlike most of them are just activate
    • Unangwata wrote:

Intentional on ability that lasts 0.8 sec ? Give me a breakNot to mention it's reactive ability unlike most of them are just activate
      0.8 on invincibility + reflect together with 20 sec cooldown ?? Soldier helmet only last 2 sec without reflect and it cast just as fast.

Swords are currently weak but that's not because of Parry. Parry is already one of the strongest W spell in the game. No need to buff it more.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Intentional on ability that lasts 0.8 sec ? Give me a breakNot to mention it's reactive ability unlike most of them are just activate
      0.8 on invincibility + reflect together with 20 sec cooldown ?? Soldier helmet only last 2 sec without reflect and it cast just as fast.
      Swords are currently weak but that's not because of Parry. Parry is already one of the strongest W spell in the game. No need to buff it more.
      0.8 invincibility is no any good if you can't time it right. Say how you are going to reflect Slit Throat with 0.4 cast time if your animation takes almost that long + latency? Unless you can sense the future, even your lightning reflexes can't help.
    • Unangwata wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

0.8 on invincibility + reflect together with 20 sec cooldown ?? Soldier helmet only last 2 sec without reflect and it cast just as fast.Swords are currently weak but that's not because of Parry. Parry is already one of the strongest W spell in the game. No need to buff it more.
      0.8 invincibility is no any good if you can't time it right. Say how you are going to reflect Slit Throat with 0.4 cast time if your animation takes almost that long + latency? Unless you can sense the future, even your lightning reflexes can't help.
      You can't parry slit throat because of the stun on the preceding shadow edge, not parry animation.

But if you can't parry a stand alone Slit Throat then you need lots of practice. After 2 days of playing, all players are able to do at least that.

More experienced players block spells without casting time (e.g: Pike's Rooting Smash)
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

0.8 on invincibility + reflect together with 20 sec cooldown ?? Soldier helmet only last 2 sec without reflect and it cast just as fast.Swords are currently weak but that's not because of Parry. Parry is already one of the strongest W spell in the game. No need to buff it more.
      You can't parry slit throat because of the stun on the preceding shadow edge, not parry animation.
      But if you can't parry a stand alone Slit Throat then you need lots of practice. After 2 days of playing, all players are able to do at least that.

More experienced players block spells without casting time (e.g: Pike's Rooting Smash)
      stop. he'll know the secrets on how to think and understand how fights flow go and he'll be actually good in pvp lmao
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Yeah you block spells without casting time, very nice. As if experienced player don't wait until you waste your Parry Strike instead of starting fight with their E or when reach full charges.

Deathskills wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

You can't parry slit throat because of the stun on the preceding shadow edge, not parry animation.But if you can't parry a stand alone Slit Throat then you need lots of practice. After 2 days of playing, all players are able to do at least that.

stop. he'll know the secrets on how to think and understand how fights flow go and he'll be actually good in pvp lmao
      Funny you think other people are noobs, apart from you obviously, and you make others think as if you know some secrets that obviously make no sense. I can tell you are are noob already.
      Stay on topic instead of posing as a pro, which with lack of logic capability you obviously are not.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Unangwata ().

• hahahah we can't do anything about that if sword get a little bit more power a lot of guys will cry about it lol, for me just predict it hahaha I got 220+ ping, more experience in battle the more you can predict your enemies just fight & fight to gain more experience in a nutshell just get beat up in pvp
    • Unangwata wrote:

Yeah you block spells without casting time, very nice. As if experienced player don't wait until you waste your Parry Strike instead of starting fight with their E or when reach full charges.
      LoL you block when you see the animation, or when you know your enemy are forced to use the spell. If you use parry right when pike reach full charge then you indeed need more experience.

And do you even realize how deadly it is for a pike to smash E on a parry strike ? You do that once and the fight is already lost, if it's an easy feat, then might as well throw pike down the drain.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().