The reasons that make me stop playing Albion.

• The reasons that make me stop playing Albion.

-The gameplay : I find the fights uninteresting, the "Moba" or "action rpg" style is very repetitive and boring. There is almost no part of tactics. Also, the skills have a very fast cooldown which forces us to be in "the action", ie press a key every 3 seconds. Once you've faced some kind of enemy, the next 1000 times will be exactly the same.

-The game management : Only one server in the world. It's sexy at first, but all Europeans have to play with more than 100 pings, which is very crippling for this type of gameplay. Also, the main cities and the adjacent maps are horribly crowded, which totally spoils the pleasure of going there (lags, visual bugs, loading problem, deafening noise, covered scenery, etc).

So my recommendations are :
      1-Completely change the combat system to replace it with a tactical turn based.
      2-Open one server per continent minimum.

3-Drastically lower the player limit on a map.

PS: My last subject having been moved in the "black zone" of the forum because of provocations, this time I will not respond to any aggressive messages and I will therefore ask the moderators not to qualify my subject a "banter" because of these hateful commentators. Thank you.

The post was edited 2 times, last by LeDruide ().

• LeDruide wrote:

Sooooo... you want to play a completely different game? Changing the combat would literally break/have to change every other aspect of the game. If you want to play something that isn't albion you can just like, go and download a turn-based rpg. I hear Wakfu is good.
    • No offense, friend, but is extremely rude to just go to a restaurant that serves pizza and saying you don't like pizza and they should turn into a sushi bar.
      Then you tell them the place is crowded and you do not like waiting in a line to get in, but they tell you the only way to ensure the pizza is on point is by focusing all their efforts on that place, and if you want to eat there, perfect! But is up to you to deal with the trip, because they provide the excelent pizza in the place they have.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gabumon ().

• LeDruide wrote:

2-Open one server per continent minimum.
      3-Drastically lower the player limit on a map.
      non of these are going to happen, so if youre saying you will stop playing if they dont, then we are in 'can I have your stuff' territory ..
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I play Dofus since 2007. It's the only game of this kind (with wakfu but it's a bad copy).

I think Albion would perform well on a turn-based combat system. Given the genre's gaping hole in the video game market, I'm also willing to bet that Albion would gain huge amounts of players in the long run if it were turn-based.

They would have done better to choose originality rather than offering the blandest and most agreed gameplay possible. Because yes, it makes the game accessible and simple, but in the long run, everyone gets bored.
    • LeDruide wrote:

I play Dofus since 2007. It's the only game of this kind (with wakfu but it's a bad copy).

I think Albion would perform well on a turn-based combat system. Given the genre's gaping hole in the video game market, I'm also willing to bet that Albion would gain huge amounts of players in the long run if it were turn-based.

They would have done better to choose originality rather than offering the blandest and most agreed gameplay possible. Because yes, it makes the game accessible and simple, but in the long run, everyone gets bored.
      Go and stick with it then! Is a great game on it's own right and you do not need Albion to turn into the same game, since you already have Dofus.
      Edit: Checked the charts and albion has 4 times the players dofus have. Maybe dofus needs a non turn based combat system to gain players in the long run.
    • LeDruide wrote:

"Albion has 4 times the players dofus have"

Where did you get the numbers for Dofus ?!

Albion have 8000 player on Steam chart, you think Dofus have 2000 player ? Are you retarded ?
      You do realise that steam is only a small part of the Albion player base? Most players don’t use steam. Albion has 140k active players.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • LeDruide wrote:

"140k active players"

So Dofus have 7 time more player than Albion. So maybe turn based combat is a good idea. So maybe i'm not stupid as you try to make it believe.

So Maybe you can respect the people, you bad kids. You made a fool of yourself.
      mmo-population.com/r/dofus
      mmo-population.com/r/albiononline

Data from the same website.
      So maybe, you should go to dofus and stop trolling.

I did not say you are stupid. I said you were asking a game to become ANOTHER game. You're the only one making a fool of yourself.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gabumon ().

• "you were asking a game to become ANOTHER game"

I'm not asking for anything, I'm coming here to chat with nice people about why I'm stopping Albion. I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING. But instead of chatting with nice people, I run into fanboys who take me for a jerk and insult me. Do you understand in your little brain? You are so toxic.

• So far you are the toxic one asking the devs to make a Dofus like when it clearly isn't aiming for this. fine you dislike the game. You don't like MOBA based games so obviously you do not like Albion because of that. don't come and act holier than thou when you are the one not thinking on here. There is good feedback and shit one. Asking milk to be water is dumb and doesn't make sense.

So thanks for the opinion that is obviously not biased by you being a Dofus lover but since you said you were leaving, I think we all are impatient with you holding your word ;)
      Have a great week-end.

P.S.
      Ain't using bold and bigger font size being aggressive and even considered yelling when writing which is toxic?
    • "Asking milk to be water is dumb and doesn't make sense."

I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING.

Sorry, i can't write bigger. You don't understand the difference between a suggestions/recommendations and an ask/demand.
      This is why you are so toxic, you don't understand basic logic, I'm here to discuss, not to convince. Stop being rude for nothing! You are only showing your frustration in life. Happy people are positive and don't attack others for nothing!
    • Tomperon wrote:

I wanna know what exactly make you play albion, since you even dont like action combat.
      Every thing else ! The graphics, the ergonomy, the liberty, etc... Combats are only a little part of a game and i'm pretty sure that Albion was an idea of game before the combat system. They just add this combat system because it's simple and everybody already know it, it's realy accessible. But, like a lot of people, i find it boring...