Spirit Spear clunkiness

• Spirit Spear clunkiness

Hey all, first of all i believe the 2 main spears (spear, pike) are in a good spot power-wise (somewhat), while some artifacts like spirithunter are deserving a buff. Maybe lunging strike is a bit too weak too. However, all of the spears are hold back by how clunky and not fun its to use Q2.

Right now Spirit Spear has 3 conditions applied to it that are a bit too much imo: low duration, high mana usage and a cooldown. I believe the high energy usage its okay if you could actually spam Q to prepare really fast, however, we still have a 2s cooldown that already punishes for not preparing. Also i believe the energy waste is too high for a buff with only 8s of duration, "get good" with the timing maybe would be a valid argument if purges werent a thing.

I believe Spirit Spear is a "bread and butter" skill for Spear and its not that strong to have so many conditions applied to it. Reducing energy usage, lowering the 2s cooldown or increasing duration are 3 valid options that would make spear more fun to play, less clunky and not really much stronger in any way.
    • Back in the day(round-a-bout 2016/2017) Spirit Spear really felt fine, it was in a good spot where it felt like you had to be mindful of your charges and think a bit while managing it, but it wasn't a constant concern like it is now. I'm not sure what all they've done since I've been gone, whether the duration has been reduced or if it's just the energy consumption or what, but now it really feels like you have to put a considerable portion of your attention on your charges or run out of energy in the first 20-30 seconds of a fight.

I think right now they just have added too many mechanics to that one ability without having any consideration for the overall impact on spear gameplay. They really should go over it and adjust some things in the near future, as well as putting some time into 1h spears, autoattacking is just straight clunksville for 1h spears atm.

They have gotten alot right with spears, the W's are diverse and useful, the different spears all feel like they have a purpose, etc. but the Q's and 1h spears in general need some attention.
    • I think the spears are too nerfed, there are people who make them work, but I believe more because of the love they have for the weapon than because of how weak they are.

and i have a question, is the Avalonian spear used in the game pvp, pve, zvz? I think the e for the spear was very uncreative.

I reiterate, the spears are used more for affection than for utility, I cannot find a stable place in the game knowing that there are better weapons to levear.
    • 1) all spears Es should not erase stacks
      That’s the main reason why some spears are not at their places
      2) Ava spear is one of the most effective and fun weapons to play in CD
      The only thing that is bad with its E is that it’s reflectable while it should purge such buffs like Retaliate
    • lol. Don't overthink it. It's easy. Lacks dinamic AOE damage on Q and W. So You can't get into a group and keep preassure with Q and W. It's imposible. For group fights better (almost any) axes and Even sword can keep preassure.

Daybreaker is good for PVP but other spears already were good for That. Spears lacks and AoE dinamic damage. Trinity is a joke. Not Even sbi know what to do with it.
    • SplattLattam wrote:

I think the spears are too nerfed, there are people who make them work, but I believe more because of the love they have for the weapon than because of how weak they are.

and i have a question, is the Avalonian spear used in the game pvp, pve, zvz? I think the e for the spear was very uncreative.

I reiterate, the spears are used more for affection than for utility, I cannot find a stable place in the game knowing that there are better weapons to levear.

I'd consider spear as the top performing melee bruiser tree atm. Maybe not for ZvZ's, but spears have been in a solid place ever since they buffed it's stack autoattack damage steroid, and Q stab range and damage.

Daybreaker sees occasional use in corrupteds and small scale combat. An AoE purge is rare in this game and also very valuable for PvP.
    • Happytr33z wrote:

Back in the day(round-a-bout 2016/2017) Spirit Spear really felt fine, it was in a good spot where it felt like you had to be mindful of your charges and think a bit while managing it, but it wasn't a constant concern like it is now. I'm not sure what all they've done since I've been gone, whether the duration has been reduced or if it's just the energy consumption or what, but now it really feels like you have to put a considerable portion of your attention on your charges or run out of energy in the first 20-30 seconds of a fight.

I think right now they just have added too many mechanics to that one ability without having any consideration for the overall impact on spear gameplay. They really should go over it and adjust some things in the near future, as well as putting some time into 1h spears, autoattacking is just straight clunksville for 1h spears atm.

They have gotten alot right with spears, the W's are diverse and useful, the different spears all feel like they have a purpose, etc. but the Q's and 1h spears in general need some attention.
      hell yea, MOBILE man MOBILE release, we can expect more auto attack buff and space gameplay.. overtunned spear is a first step.