Make Windwall a 4 seconds channel.

• Combat Balance
    • Make Windwall a 4 seconds channel.

First of all, this idea IS NOT mine, but I found it extremely attractive. Nerfing windwall by reducing the duration to 2s would certainly hurt the weapon in ZvsZ and small scale group content where it sometimes plays a decisive role.

The community suggested the following:
      1. Make it a channeled ability instead, lasting for the original four seconds.
      2. Increase the resistances of the caster during the channel to compensate for the commitment of holding the wall.

An additional suggestion:
      .Make the wall move forward slowly as the channel progresses which may open up breaches in chokes for player to pass through if the caster did not positioned himself properly.
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)
    • Ophill wrote:

I like this idea, Its a much better solution than the current change. They are plainly stating this current change is because of its corrupted dungeon use. I really dislike balance changes for the sake of 1v1 instanced pvp.
      This.

Changes seem to be done randomly as an answer to ranting about one specific thing/meta. It seems that noone is taking into account other aspects and impact that will have one change.
      Make HCE lvl 15+ BZ only
    • Ophill wrote:

I like this idea, Its a much better solution than the current change. They are plainly stating this current change is because of its corrupted dungeon use. I really dislike balance changes for the sake of 1v1 instanced pvp.
      I find this Idea attractive too, however the better alternative for the future of the game is to balance instanced pvp/pve content separately entirely as you mentioned it yourself.

Albion has moved away from Open World PvP quite a lot with all these new "Instance" additions which has created this whole balancing issue to begin with.

When there's so much Instanced content and it's design focuses on a corridor/narrow layout.
      Even though this game has initially been designed for open World content, then ofc balancing issues will arise.

So either there needs to be seperate instanced content balancing or a return to more OW content and shift away from this whole instance themepark stuff.

Cant balance it for one and have it suffer in another aspect.

It sucks to have your whole Weapon Tree nerfed because one Weapon is "too good" in CD's.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravname ().