Skill changes directly on skill bar

    • User Interface
    • Skill changes directly on skill bar

      Every time I want to change my skills I need to open my bag first,then open the equip and choose the skill. I might be more convenient to change skills directly on skill bar. Like a little button near the skill circle, kick the button we can choose other skills. Another lock button is used whether open this function to avoid mistouch.
    • Maybe it's just me but i prefer the current way to change spell. Your suggestion create more chance to mis-click while moving.

      You move your mouse, mis-click and change a spell. I'm sure a lot of players have mis-clicked the overcharge button as least once.

      If you mis-click overcharge it doesn't affect your fight at all if you've turned off the confirmation, but if you mis-click a spell and the 10 sec cooldown kick in, it might kill you.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

      Like a little button near the skill circle, kick the button we can choose other skills. Another lock button is used whether open this function to avoid mistouch.
      So your suggestion is, click a button to unlock ability button, click a skill button to open skill choices, click to select skill, click to close, click to re-lock (total 5 clicks)

      Currently we have click to open inventory, click weapon, click to choose skill, click to close inventory (total 4 clicks)

      Explain how 5 clicks is more convenient than 4 please ..?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Maybe it's just me but i prefer the current way to change spell. Your suggestion create more chance to mis-click while moving.

      You move your mouse, mis-click and change a spell. I'm sure a lot of players have mis-clicked the overcharge button as least once.

      If you mis-click overcharge it doesn't affect your fight at all if you've turned off the confirmation, but if you mis-click a spell and the 10 sec cooldown kick in, it might kill you.
      actually, misclick is usual, but we cannot change skills when in battle. Changing skills only happens out of battle, so it has nothing different with now in combat.
      The key point is that the bag interface occupies large area of screen, which is disturbing when running
    • Midgard wrote:

      So your suggestion is, click a button to unlock ability button, click a skill button to open skill choices, click to select skill, click to close, click to re-lock (total 5 clicks)
      Currently we have click to open inventory, click weapon, click to choose skill, click to close inventory (total 4 clicks)

      Explain how 5 clicks is more convenient than 4 please ..?
      The security lock is mainly for players who don't want this function because they may misclick.
      I agree, the click number will increase in some cases.
    • DummyRobert wrote:

      actually, misclick is usual, but we cannot change skills when in battle. Changing skills only happens out of battle, so it has nothing different with now in combat.The key point is that the bag interface occupies large area of screen, which is disturbing when running
      It does affect combat, because if you mis-click and change spell when the enemies are approaching (they haven't touch you yet) and lock yourself in 10 sec global cooldown right before the engage, you are guaranteed dead.

      That's not the case for mis-clicking overcharge.

      As for the bag interface occupies the screen, IMO, it doesn't affect that much. The reason is 90% of the time your screen is covered by sth, it's the cluster map.

      Changing spell is really quick, 1-2 seconds or so, while player frequently open up the map.

      The point is that Bag Interface occupying area of screen is a neglectable portion of the total time your screen is covered.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by SpicyPepper ().