Chests not Lootable

• Chests not Lootable

I searched a few pages and did not find a topic on this bug.

In Group Dungeon play, it is often that 1 out of my party ~7 cannot loot the chest. Happens to me too on occasion.
      I click the chest, the pop-up shows up and immediately vanishes.
      In one run we had a big group (10 or so) and it happened 3 chests in a row.

Is this known and are there workarounds? thanks
    • Thanks Amoebius.
      You're correct. When I click the chest, the loot UI shows up in the middle of the screen, along with the Inventory on the right. Then, both pop-ups immediately close. Like a spring action.

Seems to occur more often if multiple people are attempting to open the chest at the same time, BUT, when it happened to me 3 times in a row, I was the only one opening the chests.

When it happens again I'll reply with player IGN and time.
    • There are 2 different bugs with chests.
      1. on island chest, bank chest... You click on it just after arriving, and it's closes saying you don't have the rights. Solution: step away, and click again.
      2. in dungeons, the chest opens, it is bright as if there are items for you in it. But the window closes. If you step away and retry, same thing appends again. Other players can testify the chest is empty.
        So, most of the time, it's when there are no item for you at all.
        The real bug is that the chest keeps lightning as if there are still items in it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Balladur ().

• @Balladur
      It is highly unlikely - and I would guess impossible - that I had 3 chests in a row, same dungeon, with 0 loot. Multiple people in my party had the same experience on those same chests.
      If it's true that there was no loot, I agree that the UI can communicate it better. However, a chest not glowing could also concern players.
      I assume - could be wrong - that the loot RNG has a minimum. If I actually roll 0, give me a T4 rune or trash. That way the player knows it's RNG and not some issue.

@Amoebius76
      For the timing of the incident where it happened to me 3x in a row, it was within an hour of 12PM UTC on May 8.
      Bonus info, not sure how useful it is to you: That dungeon run was one of two that ign's Ignalina and Delu7 were in the same party.
    • I can confirm that it happens if someone doesn't get any items from a chest. All others would see the inside of the chest and be able to loot as usual. For tome chests, we were able to confirm that there were for example 4 stacks of tomes for 5 people, and 4 got theirs while one didn't get anything, since there was nothing left inside. It would still show up as not being empty. It is also not limited to one party member. Has been around for a couple of weeks by now, although I can't remember which update started it. The more people there are in a party, the more likely it is that someone gets nothing, but that for itself isn't new. With 7 people, it is very likely to happen, especially if the chests are green.
    • Machiawin wrote:

I can confirm that it happens if someone doesn't get any items from a chest. All others would see the inside of the chest and be able to loot as usual. For tome chests, we were able to confirm that there were for example 4 stacks of tomes for 5 people, and 4 got theirs while one didn't get anything, since there was nothing left inside. It would still show up as not being empty. It is also not limited to one party member. Has been around for a couple of weeks by now, although I can't remember which update started it. The more people there are in a party, the more likely it is that someone gets nothing, but that for itself isn't new. With 7 people, it is very likely to happen, especially if the chests are green.
      This makes sense. The case I keep bringing up was one of the largest parties I've been part of.