I am new and I am almost quitting

• I am new and I am almost quitting

I have been playing albion for the last three weeks and I have reached almost 400 spec in the sword tree, I have tried playing corrupted dungeon with the advice of many youtubers and veteran players so I tried every single sword in the sword tree and there were 3 playable swords I found ( broadswords,claymore,carving) but ever since I started facing real players I was challenging myself with a weapon that is too weak for the weapons they play.
      I don't think I played badly, but for some reason I never win.
      Even the xbow player that I blocked the Silence skill twice with the parry strike skill can win against me with a double mercenary jacket.
      Is there something I don't know about swords? What am I doing wrong ? Or are they just too weak?
      Is this game so unbalanced?
      Thank you and sorry for the pathetic English :D
    • Swords are, lamentably, quite underpowered currently. There are numerous threads on the forum that speak volumes about this subject.

Until this weapon category is balanced back to be on par with other weapon categories, you'd be better off playing another weapon. This goes especially for corrupted dungeons, which require much more "burst damage" type weapons, with a pinch of CC thrown in (this is exactly where the swords are sorely lacking).
    • I think maybe what you should look into is maces. As far as respecing goes, don't look at it as doing something over because you never know when what you trained becomes useful again. You'll end up farming multiple weapons and armors anyway, so you might as well start on something new. I use axes, which aren't that bursty (the lifesteal one) but I was thinking I could use spears or maces instead. You really just have to look at what abilities are the ones you can perform correctly and the ones that you think are fun and that comes with just trying everything.
    • swords look good on paper
      as a auto attack based weapon with decent mobility and a hard hitting E

but there are just too many factors in the game where swords are outshined by things that does the same job but better
      with some exceptions such as carving (Equarts), broad sword(corrupted dungeon and crystals) and galatine pair(ZvZ) which had their highlights

there are just more weapons which are more versatile for than swords and that's why swords are in a bad place

daggers have multiple playstyles such as brawler and execute blood letter one shot dual daggers/death givers
      or spears one shot or poke play styles
      Axes HAD large AoE and healing reduction > been nerfed hard

against all this other options swords feel lack luster because they lack a so called "strong point"
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • 100% lose rate...no matter weapon you are playing, you arent playing right.

Sword arent in the best shape, but If you play rigth, you can Win 60-70% of the fights at least. Broadsword and Claymore are the best swords for 1x1. The problem at corrupted nowadays are the kite builds and merc jackets. Merc you can counter with Mage robe or scholars cowl. You need those against mercs câncer. Against kite builds sadly you cant do much, besides praying for you enemy mistakes. Against everything Else you have a Fair chance to Win.
    • Yorhaka wrote:

I have been playing albion for the last three weeks and I have reached almost 400 spec in the sword tree, I have tried playing corrupted dungeon with the advice of many youtubers and veteran players so I tried every single sword in the sword tree and there were 3 playable swords I found ( broadswords,claymore,carving) but ever since I started facing real players I was challenging myself with a weapon that is too weak for the weapons they play.
      I don't think I played badly, but for some reason I never win.
      Even the xbow player that I blocked the Silence skill twice with the parry strike skill can win against me with a double mercenary jacket.
      Is there something I don't know about swords? What am I doing wrong ? Or are they just too weak?
      Is this game so unbalanced?
      Thank you and sorry for the pathetic English :D
      Swords are currently weak, so it's partly because of that.

But if you are losing 100% of the fight then it's not on the sword alone. It's probably because your opponent is just more experienced.

You mentioned you blocked silence with parry, but those things aren't what decide who win fight, because almost all players can do things like that.

Because of the global cooldown, the most important factor that decide fights in Albion is knowing what to do and when to do it. You just don't have as much of those experience as your opponents at the moment.

Swords are currently bad, but not that bad.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • The biggest hurdle many new players need to get over is armor options. It's easy to try to look at yourself as a melee dps and past experience with other games and/or tooltips would lead to only really paying attention to the plate or leather armor options. With content like corrupteds, you really want all options on the table to have responses to the popular builds. Having a response doesn't mean being able to kill all builds. Sometimes that means you withdraw and break crystals efficiently enough to escape against bad matchups. 1v1 is inheritantly fairly rock/paper/scissors in nature and maximizing your gains really means being able to consistantly win as paper vs rock, avoiding fights against scissors, and trying to outplay other papers.

Swords on the whole aren't in a terrible spot as long as you're bringing the right tool to the job. Clarent, galantine, and kingmaker will definately struggle in 1v1, but may shrine in pve or larger scale pvp.
    • Thank you for all reply. I started to get win against players in CD with using broad-claymore. Frankly, I can say that my winning rate is even more than 70%. I made 20m in total and bought premium but I feel like I will never take place in the PvE part of the game as a sword player.
      like AVA dungs, T7-8 BZ dungs..
      is there any option similar with swords gameplay? ( I worked on daggers up to lv70 and didnt really like it.)
    • Yorhaka wrote:

Thank you for all reply. I started to get win against players in CD with using broad-claymore. Frankly, I can say that my winning rate is even more than 70%. I made 20m in total and bought premium but I feel like I will never take place in the PvE part of the game as a sword player.
      like AVA dungs, T7-8 BZ dungs..
      is there any option similar with swords gameplay? ( I worked on daggers up to lv70 and didnt really like it.)
      swords sucks in PVE