Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 5/6

• Borbarad wrote:

It´s like these curse players don´t even play curse or other weapons.

Did you try playing other weapons and see how fun it is to play againt curses ? Because it´s not.

Curse is a weapon that requires next to no skill, and yet is Extremely Strong. In a way, it is like Thorns pre nerf that just pop their Q and spam autoattack. And that´s it. This is what it is like fighting a curse. It´s not fun.

And why it is not fun ? Because there is no room for outplay. Add there specter hood and mercenary jacket and there is basically nothing you can do to outplay them with majority of builds. Why ? Because their Q is not a skillshot, their W is not a skillshot ( especially if they use Grudge), and their E is either not a skillshot ( for example 1h curse), or it´s huge AOE effect.

And yet ... weapon with this kind of play style is so strong it basically melts everyone else - and without any skill. That´s the main issue. If the weapon was hard to play, by all means - it should be strong. But being so strong to the point you basically have almost no chance to win , yet requires so much skill even a person who Never played albion could easily destroy others with just 10 minutes of practicing that weapon - i am sorry, but you think this needs a buff ?

Sure, you might be curse main and you like having it buffed, but - it´s just broken. Just like i complained about it in the curse topic when the changes were announced, because even pre nerf, curses were extremely strong.

And the rankings in a sense are actually a good point of that. Rankings on murderledger does not reflect wheter weapon is weak or not, but rather .... SURVABILITY. And Survability comes with MOBILITY.
      And YET, curses have .. NO MOBILITY, and yet they are at top rankings. See what is the problem ?

And you can see how majority of curse players are just really bad. And it´s not suprising. Why try to play better when ... you don´t need to ? The weapon will easily carry you. Just like hallowfall, quarterstaff and so on.

Like look at this - This is a rank 2 curse pre buff. I am sorry, but this is a rank 2 curse player ? And look, even without Grudge on W, even without hitting any of his E apart one to resist potion, even then i could barely keep up. He made Tons of mistakes and yet even then it was a close one. And you think this weapon needs a buff ?

Speaking like a true elitiest. This dude is hella bias and just looking for an excuse to boost his ego further by showing off a video clip of him beating someone.
    • theuser wrote:

Speaking like a true elitiest. This dude is hella bias and just looking for an excuse to boost his ego further by showing off a video clip of him beating someone.
      Loled. I made the video because it was perfect example - for the curse was rank 2, yet he played like absolute trash.

To be rank 2 at weapon that so many people are playing, to play a weapon that requires almost no skill, and even despite that making so, so many mistakes, and almost killing me even while comitting that many mistakes - that´s just insane. That´s the perfect example of weapon being far too strong.

And this was also one of the reasons why it was nerfed. Because it was too brain dead, and too, too strong. If it´s that strong, sure - at least nerf the range. No need to gave it ungodly range to make it no fun for anyone to play against it.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • New

You guys are idiots if you are nerfing the cursed staff and axes instead of nerfing the merc jacket... I don't even run ANY of those builds, but yeah if that's your way to balance the game it's time to retire and let someone who actually gives a shit take over. What's next are you gonna give every single E ability in the game a leap so we can all be equals?

The windwall nerf is needed, like I said years ago it was the strongest ability in the game... before corrupteds were even added I said this... But this change sucks you could just simply increase the cooldown on it, changes like this are why the game was more fun when it was broken. Cheeky strategies make for a better game than trying to make every class and build equal, this non stop nerfing of every single ability is why I don't think corrupteds should have even been added in the first place. I knew this would happen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• New

JonnnyBones wrote:

You guys are idiots if you are nerfing the cursed staff and axes instead of nerfing the merc jacket... I don't even run ANY of those builds, but yeah if that's your way to balance the game it's time to retire and let someone who actually gives a shit take over. What's next are you gonna give every single E ability in the game a leap so we can all be equals?

The windwall nerf is needed, like I said years ago it was the strongest ability in the game... before corrupteds were even added I said this... But this change sucks you could just simply increase the cooldown on it, changes like this are why the game was more fun when it was broken. Cheeky strategies make for a better game than trying to make every class and build equal, this non stop nerfing of every single ability is why I don't think corrupteds should have even been added in the first place. I knew this would happen.
      Curse got buffed though. And if you mean reverting part of the buff, that was mandatory. Curse is brain dead, yet extremely strong. Giving it such insane range just doesnt work. Its hard to balance curse.

But yeah, axes are dead for 1 v 1 and open world.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7