Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 5/6

• Borbarad wrote:

I get it if you are casual and dont play the game or you dont care about the game at all.
      Alright, i will try to explain it to you:

Skillshots should be Better than non skillshots. The harder to hit with the skillshot, the more impactful it should be. It´s like sniper rifle in FPS games - you just one shot people with it.

Nonskillshots should be Weaker than skillshots. And that´s especially the case for long range - since melee at least has to deal with the condition to be on target, while range does not have to.

It´s very simple. It´s like risk = reward.

And it really needs to be balanced like that, otherwise people will be angry and dissatisfied with the state of the game.

Thorns pre nerf are excelent example. They required pretty much zero skill to play. And yet - they were extremely powerful. And let´s say you play a build that requires lot of knowledge to play well, and this thorns build just kills you and you can´t do anything to outplay it. Because you can´t outplay targeted abilities.

Imagine you would play FPS game where you have tons of different weapons and there would be one weapon that would always shoot the target and it would deal 5% less damage than other weapons that are targeted.
      Would you enjoy playing against that? You wouldn´t. Because it´s unfair and something like that shouldn´t exist in place where there is any kind of competitivness or risk.

If the weapon was targeted and it was dealing 40% less damage than weapons that requires skillshots and its hard to play - by all means, absolutely. But when nonskillshots deal same or sometimes even MORE damage than skillshots, that´s extremely bad for the health of the game.
      Look at curses and crossbows - there isn´t anything needed to be say there.

Of course, if you do just PVE, you might not care about it, butt then don´t speak about pvp.
      Definitely not a casual, you could have checked that pretty easily by clicking on my 2D.

"Skillshots should be Better than non skillshots" - Better is pretty vague. If the likelihood to miss / get blocked is high with an ability, skillshot or not, the damage should be increased slightly to offset the chance of missing to keep it balanced with every other ability over the course of a fight.

You seem to be advocating for the removal of ranged dots entirely it seems when not attached to some "skillshot" ability, which to me is just your personal dislike of dots. Targeted dot's absolutely do have counter play, and if you don't know that then you must not have been playing for very long. Thorn's pre nerf also had ton's of counter play, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

"If the weapon was targeted and it was dealing 40% less damage than weapons that requires skillshots and its hard to play" - Discussing percentages here is stupid without specific examples. You seem to want the end game for veteran player only to consist of weapons which you deem to have sufficient enough skill shots, and anyone not running your skillshot weapons to be sub-optimal. I'm sure a large majority of the player base would be against having their main weapon be deemed sub-optimal due to lack of skillshots.

Not everyone plays Albion like some competitive MOBA, nor does everyone care about the 1v1 meta. Albion wasn't ever intended to be a solo game, and it shouldn't be balanced around solo content or fights.

~ScarletVenenum / AurumTitanos
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/_CzaSAAiQaat5UIuGwoS6Q
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

Targeted dot's absolutely do have counter play, and if you don't know that then you must not have been playing for very long.
      1. Guardian helmet.
      2. ...
      3. ...
      4. Running, I guess?

There is no issue with small dots for added pressure like the deep cuts passive's across multiple melee weapons or the Axe's line rending bleed's. Mixed ways of damaging leaves those weapons counterable with ways not only suited for DoT's.
      Take for example any axe: You can use guardian helmet to relieve yourself of the bleeds while also absorbing some direct damage, but you can also use zoning tools to distance yourself from the axe user to dodge all direct but not DoT damage.

Meanwhile the curse tree's main DPS entirely consists of long-lasting high pressure DoTs.
      You can not use zoning tools effectively as you continue to burn even after disengaging for a breather, you can not use I-Frames and short-lasting shields effectively as those are most suited for absorbing burst damage, the only thing that gives you breathing room is the Guardian Helmet which only gives you a window of ~4-5 seconds -- the time it takes for the curse to reapply most, if not all the DoT stacks. That's not to mention the curse can upkeep those stacks on multiple enemies at once, even with single target spells.
      Effective, if not direct counters to pressure damage would be long lasting resistance increases, of which only the Infernal Shield deserves a mention, as the sub-par Frost version's slow gives no advantage over curse's ranged attacks. And even then, those spells are on a whopping 45s cooldown.

In a 1v1 scenario a lack of high sustain or a direct way to combat the DoT's is certain death.
      In a 2v2 scenario a lack of strong shared healing such as Ironroot, or a direct counter usually also means death.

There is just one thing holding the curse back in content above 2v2's - DoT upkeep management.
      Just imagine for a second how fucking broken the curse would be if it could reliably hold Vile Curse stacks on 20 people at once, at all times. That is entirely the problem of curse in small content.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().

• Again most of the problems being listed for curse are caused my the mercenary jacket interaction. If a curse plays cloth or anything other than mercenary they can easily die if they do not use defensives perfect. Balance the mercenary jacket to only trigger heals upon AA or ability use and not DoTs and many of the issues you see today go away. This allows players to disengage during mercenary use and/or time to purge before massive heal in a second due to DoT heal ticks. On another note far to many abilities are becoming unreflectable. They have basically killed trying to use reflect as a defensive in the game. With the many nerfs to hunter hood they should reconsider all the abilities they have made unreflectable like curse skull and curse bomb Es for example.

On the skill shots topic barely any weapons in the game really have skill shots. Even the ones that are "skill" shots are massive areas that you need to damn near be drunk to miss. Virtually all Qs in game are target based why should just curse be any different? Conceptually I do agree skill shots should have more value but Albion in general does not appear to want to have much of those.
    • Hattenhair wrote:

AurumTitanos wrote:

Targeted dot's absolutely do have counter play, and if you don't know that then you must not have been playing for very long.
      1. Guardian helmet.2. ...
      3. ...
      4. Running, I guess?

There is no issue with small dots for added pressure like the deep cuts passive's across multiple melee weapons or the Axe's line rending bleed's. Mixed ways of damaging leaves those weapons counterable with ways not only suited for DoT's.
      Take for example any axe: You can use guardian helmet to relieve yourself of the bleeds while also absorbing some direct damage, but you can also use zoning tools to distance yourself from the axe user to dodge all direct but not DoT damage.

Meanwhile the curse tree's main DPS entirely consists of long-lasting high pressure DoTs.
      You can not use zoning tools effectively as you continue to burn even after disengaging for a breather, you can not use I-Frames and short-lasting shields effectively as those are most suited for absorbing burst damage, the only thing that gives you breathing room is the Guardian Helmet which only gives you a window of ~4-5 seconds -- the time it takes for the curse to reapply most, if not all the DoT stacks. That's not to mention the curse can upkeep those stacks on multiple enemies at once, even with single target spells.
      Effective, if not direct counters to pressure damage would be long lasting resistance increases, of which only the Infernal Shield deserves a mention, as the sub-par Frost version's slow gives no advantage over curse's ranged attacks. And even then, those spells are on a whopping 45s cooldown.

In a 1v1 scenario a lack of high sustain or a direct way to combat the DoT's is certain death.
      In a 2v2 scenario a lack of strong shared healing such as Ironroot, or a direct counter usually also means death.

There is just one thing holding the curse back in content above 2v2's - DoT upkeep management.
      Just imagine for a second how fucking broken the curse would be if it could reliably hold Vile Curse stacks on 20 people at once, at all times. That is entirely the problem of curse in small content.
      Solo was not intended for Albion. Explaining lack of counter's to dot's in solo content is a mute point.

Regardless, here you go
      1. Guardian helmet (Emergency Shield) + Royal Jacket (Royal Banner) + Leather Shoes (Refreshing Sprint) + Omelette
      2. Soldier armor - Fury (forced dps stack)
      3. Hunter hood -Retaliate (forced extra damage)
      4. Cleric robe - Everlasting Spirit (forced)
      5. Mage robe - Purging shield (forced continuous purge)
    • Tabor wrote:

Again most of the problems being listed for curse are caused my the mercenary jacket interaction. If a curse plays cloth or anything other than mercenary they can easily die if they do not use defensives perfect. Balance the mercenary jacket to only trigger heals upon AA or ability use and not DoTs and many of the issues you see today go away. This allows players to disengage during mercenary use and/or time to purge before massive heal in a second due to DoT heal ticks. On another note far to many abilities are becoming unreflectable. They have basically killed trying to use reflect as a defensive in the game. With the many nerfs to hunter hood they should reconsider all the abilities they have made unreflectable like curse skull and curse bomb Es for example.

On the skill shots topic barely any weapons in the game really have skill shots. Even the ones that are "skill" shots are massive areas that you need to damn near be drunk to miss. Virtually all Qs in game are target based why should just curse be any different? Conceptually I do agree skill shots should have more value but Albion in general does not appear to want to have much of those.
      -I disagree with removing mercenary jacket / curse Q interaction entirely. However, I'm not opposed to changes, but am opposed to nerfs.

-I agree completely that the removal of the 100% reflect on hunter hood and many abilities becoming unreflecable is very regrettable.

-The design of having very little skill shots is one of the better design choices I hope Albion sticks to, as its been a core part of the game for a long time.
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

Solo was not intended for Albion. Explaining lack of counter's to dot's in solo content is a mute point.
      Regardless, here you go
      1. Guardian helmet (Emergency Shield) + Royal Jacket (Royal Banner) + Leather Shoes (Refreshing Sprint) + Omelette
      2. Soldier armor - Fury (forced dps stack)
      3. Hunter hood -Retaliate (forced extra damage)
      4. Cleric robe - Everlasting Spirit (forced)
      5. Mage robe - Purging shield (forced continuous purge)
      I do agree that Albion was never intended for solo content, yet the devs pushed it to attract a wider playerbase and are now forced to keep the content at least partially healthy to keep the new blood.
      Alas, this was the decisionmaking of the dev team, not mine, I am here to critique what has come out of these questionable desicions.

Also:
      1. Essentially cycling as much Guardian Helmets as possible. The build is far from universal and can be used effectively only within a small selection of weapons.
      2. Forcing a trade with the curse user via the use of Soldier Armor is a good idea, yet only works well for CC builds like Tombhammer and alike.
      3. The 4 second duration "saves" you from 1 tick of Vile Curse and 3 ticks of Grudge, and this is on a 45s cooldown. You deem this a counter?
      4. Same as above the 3s dutation gives you almost no advantage whatsoever against withstanding long-lasting pressure damage. Yet the 30% damage buff somewhat redeems it if you have a high burst option for trading in your weapon.
      5. Mage robe was changed a very long time ago to not trigger on DoT's (See below).

Retroman wrote:

• Purging Shield (Mage Robe)
        • The purge now is only activated by direct damage, either by an ability or auto attack. DoTs or Reflected damage do not trigger the purge anymore

• Hattenhair wrote:

I do agree that Albion was never intended for solo content, yet the devs pushed it to attract a wider playerbase and are now forced to keep the content at least partially healthy to keep the new blood.Alas, this was the decisionmaking of the dev team, not mine, I am here to critique what has come out of these questionable desicions.

Also:
      1. Essentially cycling as much Guardian Helmets as possible. The build is far from universal and can be used effectively only within a small selection of weapons.
      2. Forcing a trade with the curse user via the use of Soldier Armor is a good idea, yet only works well for CC builds like Tombhammer and alike.
      3. The 4 second duration "saves" you from 1 tick of Vile Curse and 3 ticks of Grudge, and this is on a 45s cooldown. You deem this a counter?
      4. Same as above the 3s dutation gives you almost no advantage whatsoever against withstanding long-lasting pressure damage. Yet the 30% damage buff somewhat redeems it if you have a high burst option for trading in your weapon.
      5. Mage robe was changed a very long time ago to not trigger on DoT's (See below).

Retroman wrote:

• The purge now is only activated by direct damage, either by an ability or auto attack. DoTs or Reflected damage do not trigger the purge anymore

5. Not aware of that change, rarely run Mage robe. Yet another example of Retroman removing any cool interaction from the game for the sake of "balance".
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

Hattenhair wrote:

I do agree that Albion was never intended for solo content, yet the devs pushed it to attract a wider playerbase and are now forced to keep the content at least partially healthy to keep the new blood.Alas, this was the decisionmaking of the dev team, not mine, I am here to critique what has come out of these questionable desicions.

Also:

Retroman wrote:

5. Not aware of that change, rarely run Mage robe. Yet another example of Retroman removing any cool interaction from the game for the sake of "balance".
      another push to double merc curse/Badon/ poison bow..

Yay! That is definitely needed..
    • so 1h frost + 1h mace goes as is..

It is safe to assume that we can fully exploit it, including our reset meta for minimum another 3 months!? And creamed with our beloved windwall??

Seriously??

What is going on?

If u release cloth health regen without anything delimit the infinit reset - reset meta will even be worse..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• "Other Changes
      • Improved reconnection process when connection is dropped
      • Players with active damage-over-time effects on opponents now stay in active combat for duration of the effect
      • All Healing cast reduced by 10% inside Corrupted Dungeons"

I don't know if you read these SBI, but I have constructive criticism. I am a corrupted player, and I'm part of a community of them, and although I appreciate this change to nerf healers, 10% isn't nearly gonna be enough. If it was up to me, healer staves wouldn't be let into the dungeon, but obviously, that isn't an option. I highly encourage you to make this 10% higher, because heal staves terrorize cds, and it's nearly unbeatable.
    • TheRubberChucky wrote:

"Other Changes
      • Improved reconnection process when connection is dropped
      • Players with active damage-over-time effects on opponents now stay in active combat for duration of the effect
      • All Healing cast reduced by 10% inside Corrupted Dungeons"

I don't know if you read these SBI, but I have constructive criticism. I am a corrupted player, and I'm part of a community of them, and although I appreciate this change to nerf healers, 10% isn't nearly gonna be enough. If it was up to me, healer staves wouldn't be let into the dungeon, but obviously, that isn't an option. I highly encourage you to make this 10% higher, because heal staves terrorize cds, and it's nearly unbeatable.
      I am really sick of this..if I take my 1h mace & carleon cape and blow everything to pieces I almost feel sorry for helpless healer..

But do u know why u think these strong?

Reset & poke meta. Example Badon..Badon doesn't load full damage, but frost ..mobility and knockback shot..

Of course, because the build for infinite reset..and of course they use low damage merc chest...

And now they have high mobility and high sustain..and medium to low damage..and gosh..they cannot kill healer any more ..

Guy! Take mage robe...take full damage ...and kill that stupid healer..but don't poke and jump..and complain because u decision and reset meta is not suitable to bring healer in sickness..
    • XD

Trial_hard wrote:

I am really sick of this..if I take my 1h mace & carleon cape and blow everything to pieces I almost feel sorry for helpless healer..
      But do u know why u think these strong?

Reset & poke meta. Example Badon..Badon doesn't load full damage, but frost ..mobility and knockback shot..

Of course, because the build for infinite reset..and of course they use low damage merc chest...

And now they have high mobility and high sustain..and medium to low damage..and gosh..they cannot kill healer any more ..

Guy! Take mage robe...take full damage ...and kill that stupid healer..but don't poke and jump..and complain because u decision and reset meta is not suitable to bring healer in sickness..
      Of course another meta slave said this. Your logic is: mY mEtA iS GoOd yOuR iS nOt. In your opinion, the fight in the corrupted dungeons should look like the one who first engages and oneshot the enemy wins. Most people choose jackets because they prefer a balance between damage and resistances. And thats the point, only if you wearing full damage gear which can oneshot someone you can deal with healers. Other builds won't do that. Healer will cover any damage taken with healing and win. You are biased as hell. It is a delusion if anybody in this place thinks healers are not cancer of cds.