Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 5/6

• DarKdeZ wrote:

As a curse player, I'm fine with nerfing Cursed Skull cuz it's definitely the meta now with a huge winrate, but I think there's no reason to nerf all cursed stuffs by nerfing q1 range - I mean, generally thinking, it just makes literally no sense to have a mage orb spell with a range less than your AUTO ATTACK RANGE. It makes no sense in any kind of games like Albion. If the patch goes like the patch notes here, Cursed Skull will still be stronger than before (unreflected, damage 25 to 28), but the rest of cursed staffs will just go back to dumpster again.
      You can definitely see that it's Cursed Skull being abusable and overpowered, and the result of this patchnote doesn't even really hurt the Skull, but hurts the other cursed staffs. Please reconsider the cursed staff changes and aim on the actual problem.
      they didn't nerf the Q range, they are just rolling it back to where it was before buffing it... so it just cancelling the "buff" since it does give curse a too big kiting potential.
    • Curse can kite I suppose but kiting as curse means nothing unless your opponent blindly pursues you because the chase potential of curse is terrible. This is where the 11m vile Q helped a bit but still not enough to be anywhere near broken. Bows, frost, axe, QS, spear basically everything except xbow line can easily escape a curse fight. I didn't even see much complaints about the curse Q buff sad to see it reverted so quickly. The Q has little to do with skull being powerful at the moment. That is a powerful not easily counterable E issue combined with abusing the fact barely anybody plays purge in current state of CDs to prevent mercenary jacket heals.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Vile Curse (all Cursed Staffs):

Cast Range: 11m → 9m
      I am sorry but as a curse player how I suppose to play against bows? Good badon or warbow players dont let you use even one Q stack on them, they have much skills to keep distance.
      How I suppose to play against xbows who can Q me twice and do 9999 damage before I could Q them because of range?
      How I suppose to play against frosts who can root me on the other edge of their screen and deal 50% damage of my HP with 3rd Q?

Finally cursed staffs started to play in this patch (i mean in CDs) and you nerf it back. I think more than enough skull's E and double merc jacket nerf to make curse less stronger
      Best killboard for your Discord:
      killboard-1.com/
      discord.gg/Mqf3KyjZSS

The post was edited 2 times, last by becauseahaha ().

• Deathskills wrote:

DarKdeZ wrote:

As a curse player, I'm fine with nerfing Cursed Skull cuz it's definitely the meta now with a huge winrate, but I think there's no reason to nerf all cursed stuffs by nerfing q1 range - I mean, generally thinking, it just makes literally no sense to have a mage orb spell with a range less than your AUTO ATTACK RANGE. It makes no sense in any kind of games like Albion. If the patch goes like the patch notes here, Cursed Skull will still be stronger than before (unreflected, damage 25 to 28), but the rest of cursed staffs will just go back to dumpster again.
      You can definitely see that it's Cursed Skull being abusable and overpowered, and the result of this patchnote doesn't even really hurt the Skull, but hurts the other cursed staffs. Please reconsider the cursed staff changes and aim on the actual problem.
      they didn't nerf the Q range, they are just rolling it back to where it was before buffing it... so it just cancelling the "buff" since it does give curse a too big kiting potential.
      My dude, that is called a nerf. Also 11m Q is in the game atm, if they are making it 9m next patch then that is literal definition of a nerf lul. You can look up the word nerf on dictionary if you do not know the meaning.
    • Hello, everyone. I'm sorry to be using the translator, I hope you can understand me.

I'd like to try to convince you not to alter the vile curse range.

Before this change, I believe this was the only ability of mages where their range was less than the basic attack itself.

The range of the mages' attack is 11m, and that makes a huge difference.

Curseds need much more time than any other class TO START dealing damage. Our damage is not massive or explosive, it takes us about 6 seconds to reach our damage spike. This is if the opponent does not have any ability to remove our DoTs.
      Because of this, we are a class that does not survive without the Mercenary Jacket, after all we need time to do damage and with this we need to survive long enough for this. You will hardly see a cursed without Mercenary Jacket, we are slaves to this item.

The best ranked cursed in the infamy system is echogold, and it is in position 27. Not even the buff on Skull Cursed and Q's range were enough to put a cursed on the TOP10.

Cursed Skull is a weapon used 3x more than the Mace and still lacks the win rate that Mace has.

If you access the site murderledger.com you may notice that it is not specifically the cursed that is too strong but other weapons.

Skull Cursed is very strong, almost impossible to play against, I'm totally in favor of nerf in damage, but reversing the scope of the Vile Curse makes an impact on the other staffs as well.

Our class is already weak, a change that has been expected for so long will be reversed as soon as the next patch. I don't like to compare, but Quarterstaffs and Tombhammers have been unsupported for so long.

I ask you to at least test the damage of the Skull Cursed and maintain the scope of the Vile Curse. And so if even then an ability that was for so long shorter than the weapon's own basic attack continues to bother, they can reverse the range.

Thank you all.
      toss a coin to your cursed ~
    • again, wrong discussion about the issue..

We all know, that curse on grudge is strong but needs to be strong as various simple counter exist..

But combining it with immortality from double merc and pushing it additional granting insane chase and damage with demon makes it broken.

The community always points at the weapon but the double merc and demon boots is the root cause..
    • It´s like these curse players don´t even play curse or other weapons.

Did you try playing other weapons and see how fun it is to play againt curses ? Because it´s not.

Curse is a weapon that requires next to no skill, and yet is Extremely Strong. In a way, it is like Thorns pre nerf that just pop their Q and spam autoattack. And that´s it. This is what it is like fighting a curse. It´s not fun.

And why it is not fun ? Because there is no room for outplay. Add there specter hood and mercenary jacket and there is basically nothing you can do to outplay them with majority of builds. Why ? Because their Q is not a skillshot, their W is not a skillshot ( especially if they use Grudge), and their E is either not a skillshot ( for example 1h curse), or it´s huge AOE effect.

And yet ... weapon with this kind of play style is so strong it basically melts everyone else - and without any skill. That´s the main issue. If the weapon was hard to play, by all means - it should be strong. But being so strong to the point you basically have almost no chance to win , yet requires so much skill even a person who Never played albion could easily destroy others with just 10 minutes of practicing that weapon - i am sorry, but you think this needs a buff ?

Sure, you might be curse main and you like having it buffed, but - it´s just broken. Just like i complained about it in the curse topic when the changes were announced, because even pre nerf, curses were extremely strong.

And the rankings in a sense are actually a good point of that. Rankings on murderledger does not reflect wheter weapon is weak or not, but rather .... SURVABILITY. And Survability comes with MOBILITY.
      And YET, curses have .. NO MOBILITY, and yet they are at top rankings. See what is the problem ?

And you can see how majority of curse players are just really bad. And it´s not suprising. Why try to play better when ... you don´t need to ? The weapon will easily carry you. Just like hallowfall, quarterstaff and so on.

Like look at this - This is a rank 2 curse pre buff. I am sorry, but this is a rank 2 curse player ? And look, even without Grudge on W, even without hitting any of his E apart one to resist potion, even then i could barely keep up. He made Tons of mistakes and yet even then it was a close one. And you think this weapon needs a buff ?
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 2 times, last by Borbarad ().

• Borbarad wrote:

It´s like these curse players don´t even play curse or other weapons.

Did you try playing other weapons and see how fun it is to play againt curses ? Because it´s not.

Curse is a weapon that requires next to no skill, and yet is Extremely Strong. In a way, it is like Thorns pre nerf that just pop their Q and spam autoattack. And that´s it. This is what it is like fighting a curse. It´s not fun.

And why it is not fun ? Because there is no room for outplay. Add there specter hood and mercenary jacket and there is basically nothing you can do to outplay them with majority of builds. Why ? Because their Q is not a skillshot, their W is not a skillshot ( especially if they use Grudge), and their E is either not a skillshot ( for example 1h curse), or it´s huge AOE effect.

And yet ... weapon with this kind of play style is so strong it basically melts everyone else - and without any skill. That´s the main issue. If the weapon was hard to play, by all means - it should be strong. But being so strong to the point you basically have almost no chance to win , yet requires so much skill even a person who Never played albion could easily destroy others with just 10 minutes of practicing that weapon - i am sorry, but you think this needs a buff ?

Sure, you might be curse main and you like having it buffed, but - it´s just broken. Just like i complained about it in the curse topic when the changes were announced, because even pre nerf, curses were extremely strong.

And the rankings in a sense are actually a good point of that. Rankings on murderledger does not reflect wheter weapon is weak or not, but rather .... SURVABILITY. And Survability comes with MOBILITY.
      And YET, curses have .. NO MOBILITY, and yet they are at top rankings. See what is the problem ?

And you can see how majority of curse players are just really bad. And it´s not suprising. Why try to play better when ... you don´t need to ? The weapon will easily carry you. Just like hallowfall, quarterstaff and so on.

Like look at this - This is a rank 2 curse pre buff. I am sorry, but this is a rank 2 curse player ? And look, even without Grudge on W, even without hitting any of his E apart one to resist potion, even then i could barely keep up. He made Tons of mistakes and yet even then it was a close one. And you think this weapon needs a buff ?

And NOW they nerfed axes mobility, goodbye axes in CD :(
    • Borbarad wrote:

The whole idea of balancing the strength of weapons based on the skill required to use them is a really, really bad elitist idea. This is not league of legends, or World of Warcraft, this is Albion.

Just because a weapon is simple to use does not mean it should do less damage or be less powerful. Similarly just because a weapon is very complex to use doesn't mean it should be super high damage and OP.

If you want super complex counter heavy combo's, go play a different game. Albion has never, and should never, move towards your idea of balancing based on weapon skill required. Moreover, skill required for a weapon should not be brought up at all when balancing is concerned as a reason to nerf or buff anything, its simply an invalid argument when it comes to Albion.

You can argue maybe curse didn't need the range buff because the weapon itself was already strong enough, but don't go bringing weapon skill required to be usable into the conversation.

~ScarletVenenum / AurumTitanos
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/_CzaSAAiQaat5UIuGwoS6Q
    • Karu wrote:

Is it correct that the "new dungeon and expedition" are actually just tutorial shit? If so, how disappointing, don't bother even adding that to the notes. Game desperately needs improved lore/pve at this point. Even new players are bored of it pretty quickly as it's the same few dungeons endlessly.
      Don't forget that how unfriendly it gets when trying to refine or even craft gear, you expected to be rich to do any artifact crafting, yes even lower tiers.

Even worse people being so addicted to Yield bonus in cities to make quick buck, there is no refine cloth station in Thetford cause Fiber bonus is in lymhurst and now your expect to travel there to refine it via traveling on Ox or spend way more silver through Travel Planner, it is utterly disgusting!
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

The whole idea of balancing the strength of weapons based on the skill required to use them is a really, really bad elitist idea. This is not league of legends, or World of Warcraft, this is Albion.
      Just because a weapon is simple to use does not mean it should do less damage or be less powerful. Similarly just because a weapon is very complex to use doesn't mean it should be super high damage and OP.

If you want super complex counter heavy combo's, go play a different game. Albion has never, and should never, move towards your idea of balancing based on weapon skill required. Moreover, skill required for a weapon should not be brought up at all when balancing is concerned as a reason to nerf or buff anything, its simply an invalid argument when it comes to Albion.

You can argue maybe curse didn't need the range buff because the weapon itself was already strong enough, but don't go bringing weapon skill required to be usable into the conversation.

I love using my Brimstone staff alot, really great for solo dungeon farming, sadly people see it only ZvZ cause of meta, seeing me using it in group dungeon, I never pull aggro and do alot damage, they would get mad at me and expect me to play permafrost cause "Ganking is best way to make profit, also don't main one build or your trash!' mentality is stupid
    • Dandylion wrote:

I love using my Brimstone staff alot, really great for solo dungeon farming, sadly people see it only ZvZ cause of meta, seeing me using it in group dungeon, I never pull aggro and do alot damage, they would get mad at me and expect me to play permafrost cause "Ganking is best way to make profit, also don't main one build or your trash!' mentality is stupid
      That's a bit different than the point I was trying to make. Specific builds for certain content still exist, and exist for a reason. Unfortunately, breaking the meta in Albion and "creating your own thing" is long since dead thanks to SBI's restriction on cool interaction between items. If you try to be innovative in today's Albion, be prepared to lose, badly.
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

I get it if you are casual and dont play the game or you dont care about the game at all.

Alright, i will try to explain it to you:

Skillshots should be Better than non skillshots. The harder to hit with the skillshot, the more impactful it should be. It´s like sniper rifle in FPS games - you just one shot people with it.

Nonskillshots should be Weaker than skillshots. And that´s especially the case for long range - since melee at least has to deal with the condition to be on target, while range does not have to.

It´s very simple. It´s like risk = reward.

And it really needs to be balanced like that, otherwise people will be angry and dissatisfied with the state of the game.

Thorns pre nerf are excelent example. They required pretty much zero skill to play. And yet - they were extremely powerful. And let´s say you play a build that requires lot of knowledge to play well, and this thorns build just kills you and you can´t do anything to outplay it. Because you can´t outplay targeted abilities.

Imagine you would play FPS game where you have tons of different weapons and there would be one weapon that would always shoot the target and it would deal 5% less damage than other weapons that are targeted.
      Would you enjoy playing against that? You wouldn´t. Because it´s unfair and something like that shouldn´t exist in place where there is any kind of competitivness or risk.

If the weapon was targeted and it was dealing 40% less damage than weapons that requires skillshots and its hard to play - by all means, absolutely. But when nonskillshots deal same or sometimes even MORE damage than skillshots, that´s extremely bad for the health of the game.
      Look at curses and crossbows - there isn´t anything needed to be say there.

Of course, if you do just PVE, you might not care about it, butt then don´t speak about pvp.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7