My definitive review of Albion.

    • deadlyduz wrote:

      LeDruide wrote:

      It is impressive how all of you can answer totally beside what I am saying. You don't take the time to read well, it's tiring. I do not know what to answer except "no you did not understand, I said that ...".


      So apart from repeating myself I do not know what to say to you, your point of view does not add anything to the discussion. You are simply busy telling me that I did not understand the game when, on the contrary, I fully understood the inner workings of the game.


      Stop taking your interlocutors for morons, it is unbearable. And learn to read what people write correctly. You have the level of 20-year-old kids, it's deplorable. I'm going to ignore all the stupid posts from now on because I don't have time to redo your education.


      You got me seriously drunk by telling me that if I don't like Albion it's because I didn't understand the game. It's crazy. In the meantime, this discussion is perfectly boring, you are useless.


      And then, if the game was so good, you wouldn't be messing around on the forum ;) ... Hoping someone smart comes by here to raise the bar. Bye kids.





      Cool, see ya later bud. Can i have your stuff?
      same
    • According to the Wikipedia definition of "hack'n'slash", I have to correct my mistake, I should rather speak of "action RPG" to qualify the gameplay of Albion, it would be more accurate.
      However, it does not change anything. ^^

      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash

      PS: Keep hitting on me fanboys, you're just showing the dire state of the community in Albion. Thank you for your participation, your hate just indicates how right what I am saying is.
    • Guys I have at least 50 hours of pancacke batter making experience and years of other breakfast food prep so I am clearly coming from a place of experience when I say that pancakes are in fact hot trash and you shouldn't like it.

      Everyone knows the waffle population is more popular and obviously has a better texture than the pancake. In fact, when I experience waffle PVP, I didn't know what the fuck was going on so I explained it precisely as I observed it - a total shitshow of cooldowns popping off. I have no idea what I'm actually talking about, but because I have two hands and an asshole, that also means my opinion is valid just like everyone else.

      Make sure to do your own research when you pick up Albion Online - waffles, as it is clearly just a really bad Diablo clone, even though it's not really even trying to be - also don't get discord or do any actual full loot content which the game explicitly outlines as their entire modus operandi.

      PS - Make sure to mine salt from upset fanboys who get their panties in a bunch having to purge ignorance from the forums
    • LeDruide wrote:

      The strong points :

      -Graphics well mastered, it's beautiful. The environments are varied and well done; I have a crush on the magnificent forest, we really want to get lost in it.

      -The interfaces are clear and very complete, very ergonomic, pleasant.

      -The game mechanics seem well oiled, different kinds of PvP, different kinds of PvE, a lot of content available to us.

      -A very dynamic economy, everything you put up for sale leaves within the hour.


      The weak spots :

      -The gameplay is poor, we are on a hack'N'Slash ... This type of gameplay is quite boring in the long term because it does not allow tactics. In PvE, you must avoid the red spell areas on the ground and in PvP you spam your skills in cooldown. Large battles are unreadable and therefore totally uninteresting. If the game featured turn-based combat, this would probably be my favorite game.

      -The immersion is low due to the third person view from above. And also because of the crowded cities and most of the early areas. The developers have however put a system of instantiation when an area is too crowded but they have set the limit much too high. So cities lag, every pixel is filled with a character and the noise is unbearable.

      -The progression system is quite discouraging. It's a very grind game. And you progress only to unlock stats, nothing in your gameplay changes. Even visually, only the color of certain parts of the armor changes as you level up.

      -The cashshop / premium makes low level content totally useless. Not only does the premium accelerate your progress too much (all the first zones have a lifespan of a few minutes ...), but in addition with your first purchase we offer you 1000 gold which can be exchanged for several million silver . While the stuff you can wear costs a few hundred coins, what you can collect costs not much more, you have millions in the bank ... which totally spoils the fun of progressing.


      Conclusion:

      Albion is a very attractive game in the first place; The beauty of the biomes, the simplicity of the interfaces give a relaxing atmosphere, we feel good there. But after a few days of play, the aforementioned faults begin to be felt. You are bored with the idea of having to enter the city (compulsory passage point for everything), you have no real motivation to progress since the (boring) gameplay does not evolve. You are not motivated to get rich since with 5 euros you can buy 90% of the items in the game... At first the wild pvp zones motivate you, but in the end it's absolutely not fun to be ganked or to gank, it's silly and mean.

      As it stands, Albion is a bad hack'n'slash (you'll be better on Path of Exiles / Diablo), a bad sandbox (you'll be better on Ark / 7DTD), and a bad RPG (you'll be better on Skyrim / The Witcher).

      Again, if Albion offered tactical turn-based combat, this would be one of my favorite games for sure.

      I understand you are not really excited about Albiond. I get your point. however it is nothing like POE, Diablo ark or DTD. Albion is Albion. Some people like it the others dont. But to call it boaring is an opinion. Why people play any game on the long term is hard to say. I dont think its that bad. I like full loot pvp games in general. I think Albion is a little gem in that regard. Also you are not going to buy end game HCE gear for 5 dollars but that is not important. Im not sure wat the constructive feedback is in this post. What can we add to make the game more interesting in your opinion? Constructive feedback is more useful on this part of the forum. Im not sure what the point of this review is.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Meri22 ().

    • LeDruide wrote:

      Wow, calm down... You don't understand what I'm saying. We will stop there, there is too much misunderstanding between us.
      There is no need to project your emotions onto me. Your review states that you wished albion was a turn based game, which is nonsensical, and gets quite a few facts wrong. It's like saying i wished Halo was an RTS, and the weapons are boring because it's always best to just pick up the assault rifle. The latter is untrue and the former is not helpful feedback about what Halo does as an FPS.
    • LeDruide wrote:

      The strong points :

      -Graphics well mastered, it's beautiful. The environments are varied and well done; I have a crush on the magnificent forest, we really want to get lost in it.

      -The interfaces are clear and very complete, very ergonomic, pleasant.

      -The game mechanics seem well oiled, different kinds of PvP, different kinds of PvE, a lot of content available to us.

      -A very dynamic economy, everything you put up for sale leaves within the hour.


      The weak spots :

      -The gameplay is poor, we are on a hack'N'Slash ... This type of gameplay is quite boring in the long term because it does not allow tactics. In PvE, you must avoid the red spell areas on the ground and in PvP you spam your skills in cooldown. Large battles are unreadable and therefore totally uninteresting. If the game featured turn-based combat, this would probably be my favorite game.

      -The immersion is low due to the third person view from above. And also because of the crowded cities and most of the early areas. The developers have however put a system of instantiation when an area is too crowded but they have set the limit much too high. So cities lag, every pixel is filled with a character and the noise is unbearable.

      -The progression system is quite discouraging. It's a very grind game. And you progress only to unlock stats, nothing in your gameplay changes. Even visually, only the color of certain parts of the armor changes as you level up.

      -The cashshop / premium makes low level content totally useless. Not only does the premium accelerate your progress too much (all the first zones have a lifespan of a few minutes ...), but in addition with your first purchase we offer you 1000 gold which can be exchanged for several million silver . While the stuff you can wear costs a few hundred coins, what you can collect costs not much more, you have millions in the bank ... which totally spoils the fun of progressing.


      Conclusion:

      Albion is a very attractive game in the first place; The beauty of the biomes, the simplicity of the interfaces give a relaxing atmosphere, we feel good there. But after a few days of play, the aforementioned faults begin to be felt. You are bored with the idea of having to enter the city (compulsory passage point for everything), you have no real motivation to progress since the (boring) gameplay does not evolve. You are not motivated to get rich since with 5 euros you can buy 90% of the items in the game... At first the wild pvp zones motivate you, but in the end it's absolutely not fun to be ganked or to gank, it's silly and mean.

      As it stands, Albion is a bad hack'n'slash (you'll be better on Path of Exiles / Diablo), a bad sandbox (you'll be better on Ark / 7DTD), and a bad RPG (you'll be better on Skyrim / The Witcher).

      Again, if Albion offered tactical turn-based combat, this would be one of my favorite games for sure.

      Don't know if you'll see this but here goes:

      I've been playing the game for a while (about a year or more) so I see where you are getting at. Put simply Albion is very repetitive, both in PvE and PvP. Like you've stated the gameplay doesn't seem to evolve to make the game more interesting. No nice surprises around the corner, but rather unpleasant surprises such as getting ganked (which doesn't bother me btw, I know it's part of the game). And it seems that the unpleasant surprises outweigh good ones if there are any good ones and from my standpoint I have yet to see any. What drew me to this game was the idea of it being a "sandbox" when it's only a sandbox to a certain degree and is lacking in many areas. And I also agree the grind yields very very little reward other than, "Wow you maxed this specialization!" and then it's on to grinding the next one. So I 100% get where you are coming from, and hopefully none of these other players take offense. Albion has a lot of work to do in terms of keeping hold of the attention of a broader playerbase rather than just pkers.
    • I wrote my review after reading many others. So, admittedly, I only have 50 hours of games, but I have also benefited a lot from the experience of other players who have confirmed my appriories.

      Also, what fanboys don't understand is that I've been playing video games for over 20 years now and Albion hasn't invented anything! So I know perfectly well the workings of this kind of game. But that, the 16 year old kids who answer me here cannot understand it. ^^
      Kids, when you have 20 years of video games behind you, you are able to capture the essence of a game in just a few hours. So with 50 hours, I've had plenty of time to figure out that what goes wrong in Albion is the super repetitive brainless gameplay.


      Even if the game offers me 100 ways to do PvE and 100 ways to do PvP, if I get bored spamming my spells (spells with 2-3 seconds of cooldown I call it spamming) game is messy, whatever the dressing afterwards.

      But I fully understand that people love this very simplistic style of gameplay, which does not require thinking ... But it's not my cup of tea, I like to use my neurons when I play a game.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by LeDruide ().

    • LeDruide wrote:

      what fanboys don't understand is that I've been playing video games for over 20 years now and Albion hasn't invented anything!

      do you always write reviews no one cares about?

      Or do you always write reviews(aka give criticism) without being able to take it yourself lol
      Or do you always go onto forums of games you dont like and argue with people playing the game on why they like the game

      Congrats that you have been playing video games for over 20 years.
      Blizzard has been making them for that amount of time, doesnt mean they get better.


      I would say you lost all credibility calling everyone "KIDS", but you lost it long time ago.

      You would except someone that wasted 20 years of his life on video games to at least know that.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by tabooshka ().

    • LeDruide wrote:

      Kids, when you have 20 years of video games behind you, you are able to capture the essence of a game in just a few hours. So with 50 hours, I've had plenty of time to figure out that what goes wrong in Albion is the super repetitive brainless gameplay.
      22 years for me and I disagree with most of what you said.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • LeDruide wrote:

      I wrote my review after reading many others. So, admittedly, I only have 50 hours of games, but I have also benefited a lot from the experience of other players who have confirmed my appriories.

      Also, what fanboys don't understand is that I've been playing video games for over 20 years now and Albion hasn't invented anything! So I know perfectly well the workings of this kind of game. But that, the 16 year old kids who answer me here cannot understand it. ^^

      Kids, when you have 20 years of video games behind you, you are able to capture the essence of a game in just a few hours. So with 50 hours, I've had plenty of time to figure out that what goes wrong in Albion is the super repetitive brainless gameplay.


      Even if the game offers me 100 ways to do PvE and 100 ways to do PvP, if I get bored spamming my spells (spells with 2-3 seconds of cooldown I call it spamming) game is messy, whatever the dressing afterwards.

      But I fully understand that people love this very simplistic style of gameplay, which does not require thinking ... But it's not my cup of tea, I like to use my neurons when I play a game.


      I mean the fact you didn't grasped that the only other 2 games that are full loot pvp like albion that I can for sure name from my head are Eve Online (gameplay is drastically different) and Ultima Online. (which both partially inspired in their own ways the game).

      A sandbox is just a game that you chose what you do, you might not understand how this works either. This is from 2018, so Roads of Avalon are missing, 5vs5 crystal replace the 5vs5 for territories, 20vs20 for cities is replaced by 20vs20 crystals, there is no avalonian dungeon, no Hideout ownership, no 10vs10 HG, missing all the avalonian weapons and faction warfare just got overhauled greatly which adds more content. so no way in 50 hours you've even done properly even 1/10th of this "tree".

      You actually have no idea wtf you are talking. This can't be an action rpg since it is an mmo. SO again you said bs on that.
      It is true there is an issue with player retention but the horrible tutorial doesn't help either to be fair.

      Btw, you've ever heard of mmo's? you do know it is supposed to take thousand of hours to fully max everything in them when it is possible right? Albion grind isn't as bad as BDO and pve might not feel as good as a hack'n'slash like Path of Exile but it ain't tryna be that either so... (you seem to lack basic game genre knowledge at this point)


      and not many weapons have many spells with under 3 sec cooldowns. Like only first spells can be spammed and depends on the exact build too. Rest of all the other spells are on 10-20 sec for 2nd spell and 30-45 for the third spell of the weapon (again showing you didn't even take a the time to open up the destiny board and look at the spells properly).

      And about saying I doesn't require neurons to play, you haven't done any end game zvz, 5vs5 crystals, 10vs10 HG or 20vs20 crystals or big econ in the markets.

      So with your 50hours of "gaming" on albion, you haven't even reached mid-tier of what the game truly has to offer. Since most of the "good" content is actually in end game (ava dungeon, crystals, HG, large scale pvp and medium/small scale).

      Obviously you found this "boring" since you played fifty hours solo doing pve and not having amazing fights (both winning and losing). The game is moba style for the combat format so can't be that boring especially since you have what, thousands of wepaon+armor combination that are possible to get specific spells to help fill a role?

      Seems like you just want the type of game that prevents you from thinking and being challenged by other players.

      Oh and 20years of playing "games" when literally there is what 2-3 full loot mmo that exist on the market apart of Albion or that existed doesn't mean shit.
      Like playing 20years of solo games/story driven or even of "classic" mmo like WoW isn't "good" enough to compare to Albion since they are not similar enough due to the special sauce of albion (the full loot pvp).

      So the yeah, seems like you just want to trashtalk people and insult them to make you feel superior because you don't like the game for what it is and is not able to acknowledge the nature of the game and just point out you'd prefer to have it almost "dofus" style (turn based) what?
      Like it ain't even a good suggestions of things to change a core mechanic of game that has been released for like over 3-4 years... (shows you know close to nothing to gaming at this point lmao).

      So my suggestion to you is go play diablo or Dofus, those might be more in your playstyle than a full-loot pvp mmo.
    • "This can't be an action rpg since it is an mmo."
      Ok it's Action MMORPG (change nothing).

      "It is true there is an issue with player retention"
      It is good to agree on this observation. On the other hand it is not at all because of the tutorial which is perfect.

      "you haven't even reached mid-tier of what the game truly has to offer (ava dungeon, crystals, HG, large scale pvp and medium/small scale)"
      I have to repeat to myself: Even if the game offers me 100 ways to do PvE and 100 ways to do PvP, the heart of the gameplay is boring.

      "there is what 2-3 full loot mmo that exist on the market apart of Albion"
      Why are you dishonest? "Full loot PvP" is by no means the only thing that defines Albion, so why would you want to restrict it to that? Many games have similar gameplay.

      "The game is moba style for the combat format so can't be that boring"
      Ho ? Really ? Moba can't be boring ? Ahahah.

      "Seems like you just want the type of game that prevents you from thinking and being challenged by other players."
      It is the exact opposite sir. If by "challenging" you mean doing 2 against 1 by surprise, or doing 20 against 20 in a soup of special effect pixels, know that there are much better challenges in video games! LoL.

      "So my suggestion to you is go play diablo or Dofus"
      Thank you for your suggestion but I know both too well.


      Special thanks for your mountain of salt of which here is an anthology :

      -"you might not understand how this works either."

      -"You actually have no idea wtf you are talking."

      -"SO again you said bullshit on that."

      -"Btw, you've ever heard of mmo's?"

      -"(you seem to lack basic game genre knowledge at this point)"

      -"you didn't even take a the time to open up the destiny board"

      -"And about saying I doesn't require neurons to play, you haven't done any end game zvz"
      (big lol on that one, zergs are so smart ^^)

      -"So with your 50hours of "gaming" on albion"

      -"you just want to trashtalk people and insult them to make you feel superior"

      -"not able to acknowledge the nature of the game"

      -"(shows you know close to nothing to gaming at this point lmao)."


      It's crazy what one can say as stupidity when one is angry. ^^ Were you crying when you wrote this? In any case, I laughed a lot while reading.

      Thank you for your participation in this topic.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by LeDruide ().

    • true is, Albion goes in wrong way.. slowly maybe slowly will back on good tracks.. hope so..

      Gathering - Dead
      ZvZ - Dead (?? cluster fak, power abuse by mega alliance)
      Blackzone - Dead
      Roads - Dead
      20v20 - Dead
      10v10,5v5,2v2 - half dead
      Ganking - half dead (99999999 hideouts every zone) only RZ has sense.
      Dungeon diving(solo) - dead
      Avalonian - notification gates ? scouts ? RISK REWARD ? something goes wrong
      Corupted - half dead (cancer, 1 year still so many bugs,items problems,mechanic abuse etc..)
      crafting - half dead (monopol for plots.. manipulations on market etc..)
      only good content are faction.


      Tell me Albion is going the right way :) SBI should come back to the system with a beta, hardcore grind and 0 noob friendly content .. go back to the top of what Albion was meant to be :)
      there is only one way to fix power abuse from biggest ally, wipe game, purge game from all gold earned by bugs etc.. :)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by UNFM ().

    • MickeyDankMouse wrote:

      Would you guys suggest I still upgrade to premium even if I just do it single player just gathering and selling items for fun?
      Premium gives you gathering bonus...

      And its nice, if you aren't a noob and knows how to use a skip set + having a guild with HOs or nice zones you can avoid gankers pretty easily with the correct skip set and mount

      The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr ().

    • MickeyDankMouse wrote:

      Would you guys suggest I still upgrade to premium even if I just do it single player just gathering and selling items for fun?
      Like I said, the premium booster will propel you to tier 6 where PvP will be inevitable and where you will have to stagnate in terms of evolution.

      So, in fact, the premium will literally shorten the lifespan of your game. ^^ In other words, it'll get you to the wall faster.

      PS : You're a little off topic ...