Adrenaline Boost

• Combat Balance
    • j0ei wrote:

BraveArt wrote:

Removing regen from CD in its current state would be the end of CD and lots of players would go to other games, I know this cuz I’ll be one of them. Because of mob Agro and traps there is no such thing as a 1v1 fair fight, the game designers know this so that’s why it is designed in this way. Right now regen has to stay, Albion is a very boring game out of CD for a lot of solo players and it’s the only thing which stops me uninstalling. As for the axe nerf I agree it needs a tweak but then again so does OP merc jacket on axe.
      It's because of CD players that weapons are getting nerfed specifically for "CD" and it has a negative impact on OTHER types of content. CD is not the ONLY content in Albion, even if it dies, the game will live on.
      Well it is what it is. I log in I sell my crops and play CD then I log off. Oh and I’m not the only one. There is absolutely nothing else worth doing for me. I’ve been playing games for years and I’ll tell you why Albion fails elsewhere. No.1 reason there are no points of interest anywhere on the map, there is no reason to be anywhere in red zone because nothing exists apart from hamstring and gathering mobs. The needs to be a terathon keep style outworld play so people can engage and get some excitement from drops. These instanced dungeons get boring after 24 hours. Zerg v Zerg is ok if you like that sort of non skilled interaction. I respect people who play it cuz that’s their thing. The other day a great white spawned in roastcorpse and for the first time since I played I saw a glimpse of what Albion could have been. Lots of players going crazy, pk’s trying to snipe people it was chaos and I thought it was great. Once it died it was back to nothing . Reason 2 black zone - what a fucking abortion of a design flaw. The zones are held by alliances and become their own private playgrounds and again with nothing to do except gather. You go there solo you dead in minutes and chased by roaming guilds. Absolutely no incentive to go apart from to find a CD lol . I could go on but I won’t, I played ultima online so I was spoilt rotten . Ultima took the crown on mmo and still sits on the throne
    • BraveArt wrote:

Well it is what it is. I log in I sell my crops and play CD then I log off. Oh and I’m not the only one. There is absolutely nothing else worth doing for me. I’ve been playing games for years and I’ll tell you why Albion fails elsewhere. No.1 reason there are no points of interest anywhere on the map, there is no reason to be anywhere in red zone because nothing exists apart from hamstring and gathering mobs. The needs to be a terathon keep style outworld play so people can engage and get some excitement from drops. These instanced dungeons get boring after 24 hours. Zerg v Zerg is ok if you like that sort of non skilled interaction. I respect people who play it cuz that’s their thing. The other day a great white spawned in roastcorpse and for the first time since I played I saw a glimpse of what Albion could have been. Lots of players going crazy, pk’s trying to snipe people it was chaos and I thought it was great. Once it died it was back to nothing . Reason 2 black zone - what a fucking abortion of a design flaw. The zones are held by alliances and become their own private playgrounds and again with nothing to do except gather. You go there solo you dead in minutes and chased by roaming guilds. Absolutely no incentive to go apart from to find a CD lol . I could go on but I won’t, I played ultima online so I was spoilt rotten . Ultima took the crown on mmo and still sits on the throne
      Albion Online has both content in royals and the blackzone, it's not purely gathering on the outlands. There's dungeons to farm, people to kill, outposts to take and castles to fight for, if your problem is looking for 1v1 open world interactions then you're out of luck, that doesn't happen a lot in a game designed towards grouping up. This is a numbers game, there's a reason why Albion allows a zone to cap at 350 players and then get cluster queued when it is full. The zones in the blackzone are held by alliances who fought for said zones, expending hundreds of millions upto billions of silver to maintain military might, feed hideouts and territories.

And also, just because you are a solo player, it does not mean you cannot be part of a guild or alliance. All you need to do is abide by the guild's rules, participate in largescale fights (play your role correctly and you should be fine, 1v1s aren't a basis of skill, it's simply a rock paper scissor game, if you want to show true skills go duke it out in an FPS game where 1 man can kill 30 players depending on how good he is, instead of killing a player in corrupted dungeon because you're using a meta build that counters his meta build lmao)
    • Calesvol wrote:

Only that Albion's current population booms are directly related to the introduction of soloable content. Prior to solo random dungeons, the population was like sub-30K, now is 100K+.
      Where did you get data from this? Because quite sure that there's a LOT of factors to consider such as the mobile-market, and the game being available on steam (open to a larger playerbase due to the platform), the game's increasing popularity in other countries as well.

There's just too many factors involved that you cannot single it out to all of the new population playing the game due to the solo-able content.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Who said Albion is for group content ? Give a link anywhere showing SBI declaring that pls? Or do you just made that up within your small world ?
      I do not recall anyone saying it, yet most of solo oriented content was added after the F2P launch specifically to cater to a wider audience of players (SRD's, CRD's, partially ava roads, etc.)

It is especially visible in the combat balance department aiming for weapons to be of more broad application by adding new spells which drastically change the weapon's role (i.e: Chain slash + Deadly swipe enabling daggers to be bruisers, and becoming viable in SRD's) and sprinkling existing ones with features earlier available only to secluded weapon trees (i.e: Hallowfall brinding mobility and I-Frames to holy line).

As for my personal understanding the balance was made in a way that one player can not accumulate enough utility and sustain with just 5 gear slots, which in turn made you rely on your teammates to close the gaps in places of performance you did not exceed in.

Even if the above seems like incoherent blabber, a definitive lack of solo content before F2P release should speak volumes to design choices of albion.
    • New

The combat balance must balance all the weapons so that they are all playable and balanced.

You do not have to destroy all the weapons to be balanced, now the one who plays, bear claws on cds is because he does not know how to play like curses then ice and other classes that are not used because they do not know how to achieve a fair combat balance.

Axes without mobility and without bleeding are worthless, to do what they did, better take them out of the game

@Retroman

trinityityy "melee" with more range than an "Rdps".
      Bear paws no movility, no Blood damaged

Logic? Albion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gacox ().

• New

SpicyPepper wrote:

XITREALITY wrote:

lol solo players in a game made for group content.. iam suprised u even still play tbh
      Who said Albion is for group content ? Give a link anywhere showing SBI declaring that pls? Or do you just made that up within your small world ?
      lmaoo ok where do i start.. how about the whole guild system? Being able to lock a zone down and farm it with a gathering buff,mounts only achievable of getting in a massive alliance. Pretty much any content except green solo dungeons and corrupted xD. In what way is this a solo game?
    • New

Albion doesn't know how to balance, they destroyed the axes completely for pvp players it was my favorite weapon now it only serves to kill pets, all I wanted to keep playing this game and more understanding of the situation before weakening or strengthening a weapon.
      Pedro Henrique PVP player