Adrenaline Boost

• Combat Balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adrenaline Boost

I have to stress against the importance of adrenaline boost to axe players.

They are severely lacking in mobility and this means they will have no mobility, being utterly useless in 1 v 1 and open world.

50 to 40% movement speed is not good, for you already have hard time staying on target. With 40% movement speed, if you hit enemy, standtime will slow you - on top of that, if enemy pops even basic Run on shoes ( 60% movement speed ), there is no way you can use your W as a gap closer - because you will hit once, and then the target is gone due to your speed being slower and due to needing to hit enemy with autoattack.

This is a really bad change. This W will be only usable in rare situations, or in groups to finish off people - but in groups, you want to use AOE abilities. Possibly in hellgates, not sure. For open world, it´s absolutely horrible, same with 1 v 1. This the way it is, kills open world and 1 v 1.

Suggestion : Make it be refreshed from dots from your Q - that would be much more interesting. It would be bit annoying in CD as people could use it for escape, but thats why you can clear mobs i suppose.

Other suggestion : Now to somewhat make it more viable, make it 4 seconds, and 1 hit is enough to refresh it to full duration.

Either way, both these suggestions would not be enough. It´s not fun having conditional mobility when you are melee and you have no means of reaching the target. I don´t like this change. Axes are already punished by having extremely high energy cost, now their damage is being reduced hard, their identity as AOE is being knocked down a notch by reducing AOE range and damage of Q abilities, and pressure coming from bleeds and healing reduction was nerfed as well. And now even mobility is being taken away.

Now i am personally kinda fine with all the damage changes, sure - whatever. But adrenaline boost ? That kills the weapon for open world. And yes, i am open world kind of guy, and i enjoyed running solo axe. Now ? That won´t be possible anymore.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • I feel like the devs want to adrenaline to be a chasing tool instead of a running tool. That said, the way the new w is designed does not work, since theres a lot of situations that you just cant auto atack your target in a 2,5 sec window.
      I also think if the dots reset the duration would be kinda OP.

The new atackspeed playstyle is really fun and im here for it, but if you wanna make this viable you need to extend this 2,5 sec window to 4 or make skills count to extent the buff to the full duration, otherwise this skill will feel really bad to use, expecially on great axes.
    • Rokov wrote:

Check swords movement W skill and compare them each other.
      Never compare run from shoes to W weapon skill.
      That is quite ignorant to say.

Swords have speed from Q - they rely on it to stay on target. And you know what axe has ? N O T H I N G.

And you know what oponnent happens when oponnent blinks, teleports, dashes, jumps away, or even uses his 60% shoes ? He runs away. With 40% now on W, you can´t catch up, let alone keep refreshing your W. And you cant gap close if they dash away. It´s just trash.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Rokov wrote:

That is quite ignorant to say.
      Swords have speed from Q - they rely on it to stay on target. And you know what axe has ? N O T H I N G.

And you know what oponnent happens when oponnent blinks, teleports, dashes, jumps away, or even uses his 60% shoes ? He runs away. With 40% now on W, you can´t catch up, let alone keep refreshing your W. And you cant gap close if they dash away. It´s just trash.
      Thats how mobility balance works, thats right. Swords Q provide very little mobility bonus coz of standtime, even daggers q provide a lot more.
    • Rokov wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Rokov wrote:

That is quite ignorant to say.Swords have speed from Q - they rely on it to stay on target. And you know what axe has ? N O T H I N G.

Thats how mobility balance works, thats right. Swords Q provide very little mobility bonus coz of standtime, even daggers q provide a lot more.
      Please, stop speaking about balance if you have no idea how it works.

Swords provide 27% movement speed with 3 stacks you can keep permamently if you stick on target. Then you also have Iron Will which is another 20%, and then E like claymore or broadsword that allows you to be used as a gap closer.

Axes have nothing apart bear paws E and rest of axes have absolutely no gap closer. They have no mobility on Q. Their only mobility is W, which now is practically unusable. You have no ways of sticking to target, and any smart oponnent can easily make you waste your W with no issues whatsoever.

So please, unless you have something constructive to say, just stop.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Please, stop speaking about balance if you have no idea how it works.
      Swords provide 27% movement speed with 3 stacks you can keep permamently if you stick on target. Then you also have Iron Will which is another 20%, and then E like claymore or broadsword that allows you to be used as a gap closer.

Axes have nothing apart bear paws E and rest of axes have absolutely no gap closer. They have no mobility on Q. Their only mobility is W, which now is practically unusable. You have no ways of sticking to target, and any smart oponnent can easily make you waste your W with no issues whatsoever.

So please, unless you have something constructive to say, just stop.
      You have same problem with swords, one dash or jump and target is out of your stacked Q and stacks are gone before you catch the target for another Q. Also you waste all of Q stacks on swords E which force you to choose - damage or mobility. Iron Will provide 20% ms for 3 secs with 20 secs cd - compare it to axes movespeed W with 50% bonus for 5 seconds wtih 15 sec CD.

I guess they balancing weapons around ideal situation, that means they compare mobility skills from q+w on different weapon lines to each other in some period of time, without getting in mind that in real fight combo would be broken and never works like that.
      Dunno why you aggro on me since Im talking pretty simple and obvious things about how balance works at all.
    • Rokov wrote:

You have same problem with swords, one dash or jump and target is out of your stacked Q and stacks are gone before you catch the target for another Q. Also you waste all of Q stacks on swords E which force you to choose - damage or mobility. Iron Will provide 20% ms for 3 secs with 20 secs cd - compare it to axes movespeed W with 50% bonus for 5 seconds wtih 15 sec CD.
      I guess they balancing weapons around ideal situation, that means they compare mobility skills from q+w on different weapon lines to each other in some period of time, without getting in mind that in real fight combo would be broken and never works like that.
      Dunno why you aggro on me since Im talking pretty simple and obvious things about how balance works at all.
      You are suprised why i dont have much patience with you ? Maybe because you provide NOTHING of value to this discussion.

So first of all, No, W on axes is not 50% for 5 seconds with 15 seconds CD. It was 50% for 5 seconds with 20 seconds CD.
      Second of all, it was Nerfed today to the point it´s utter trash.

And this is the last thing i will say about it, because it´s waste of time.
    • Borbarad wrote:

You are suprised why i dont have much patience with you ? Maybe because you provide NOTHING of value to this discussion.
      So first of all, No, W on axes is not 50% for 5 seconds with 15 seconds CD. It was 50% for 5 seconds with 20 seconds CD.
      Second of all, it was Nerfed today to the point it´s utter trash.

And this is the last thing i will say about it, because it´s waste of time.
      Axes just now in same line as other melee weapons, nothing more happened to them. No point to yell so much.
    • Bump.

Axes are dead in open world and in 1 v 1.

And adrenaline boost is the issue. Now axes have have pretty much as much mobility as curse players.

You can´t use it as a gap closer and you can´t catch people with that. It´s just impossible. And attack speed is quite useless only under very unlikely scenarios where it would be benefical - because you have to use your Q.

The way it is, it´s horrible. Absolutely horrible.

f the oponnent is just what, 10 yards away from you +-, you can´t even catch up to that person as a gap closer since it just runs out so fast. It´s just useless.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Either this proposal or just plain revert the Adrenaline boost back to its original state!

The core issue why it was nerfed in the first place was because it can be used to somehow "run away" or reset fights in CD!

Well it's not ONLY used in CD, it can be used for OPEN WORLD PVP as well.

If they had neutralized Regen in CD then none of these retarded unlimited reset builds would be a problem at all and this Adrenaline boost nerf would never see the light of day period.
    • gentlemen this is albion, instead of nerfing the escapists, they kill a weapon, so that the only goal is mace, black hands, holy

This game is going to shit, thank goodness we will soon have new interesting mmo to try

It annoys me because it's a good game, unfortunately the developers are big on it

.The favorite weapon of many like me, unplayable because it is easier to nerf a weapon than the escapists of the corrupt

f albion
    • j0ei wrote:

Either this proposal or just plain revert the Adrenaline boost back to its original state!

The core issue why it was nerfed in the first place was because it can be used to somehow "run away" or reset fights in CD!

Well it's not ONLY used in CD, it can be used for OPEN WORLD PVP as well.

If they had neutralized Regen in CD then none of these retarded unlimited reset builds would be a problem at all and this Adrenaline boost nerf would never see the light of day period.
      Removing regen from CD in its current state would be the end of CD and lots of players would go to other games, I know this cuz I’ll be one of them. Because of mob Agro and traps there is no such thing as a 1v1 fair fight, the game designers know this so that’s why it is designed in this way. Right now regen has to stay, Albion is a very boring game out of CD for a lot of solo players and it’s the only thing which stops me uninstalling. As for the axe nerf I agree it needs a tweak but then again so does OP merc jacket on axe.
    • BraveArt wrote:

Removing regen from CD in its current state would be the end of CD and lots of players would go to other games, I know this cuz I’ll be one of them. Because of mob Agro and traps there is no such thing as a 1v1 fair fight, the game designers know this so that’s why it is designed in this way. Right now regen has to stay, Albion is a very boring game out of CD for a lot of solo players and it’s the only thing which stops me uninstalling. As for the axe nerf I agree it needs a tweak but then again so does OP merc jacket on axe.
      It's because of CD players that weapons are getting nerfed specifically for "CD" and it has a negative impact on OTHER types of content. CD is not the ONLY content in Albion, even if it dies, the game will live on.