Bandwidth consumption

  • Bandwidth consumption

    I am curious about the bandwidth consumption of this game in various areas. I want to play this game when I am on the go, but I don't want to use dozens of GBs of data.

    Specifically, would it be viable stay in town trading and marketing on a mobile connection?
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill
  • Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.
    An average number would be something like 30-50 MB per hour.
  • MadDave wrote:

    Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.
    An average number would be something like 30-50 MB per hour.

    30-50mb per hour is still a lot for a mobile connection. If you do 1 hour a day, that's like 1-1.5gb a month. In my country (Italy) people usually have around 2gb a month... But I know in other countries flat mobile internet is more common.

    Conclusion: better use wifi for me :)
  • Jarko wrote:

    MadDave wrote:

    Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.
    An average number would be something like 30-50 MB per hour.

    30-50mb per hour is still a lot for a mobile connection. If you do 1 hour a day, that's like 1-1.5gb a month. In my country (Italy) people usually have around 2gb a month... But I know in other countries flat mobile internet is more common.

    Conclusion: better use wifi for me :)


    Yeah personally i think i will only log on using mobile net for checking on stuff for a brief moment.
  • Data where I am is super expensive. $45 (CAD) for 2GB, $70 for 6GB, $85 for 10GB, and up from there...

    I hope I'm able to keep it at $45 or less, but we will see. Most of my gaming will be done on wifi and my PC though! I can haz datas?

    Also, thanks for the response @MadDave
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill
  • Probably (If my tablet can deal with the game xD) I will play 1 or 2 hours per day with my mobile connection. Fortunately, it seems that here in Spain is cheaper than in other countries, I only pay 11€ per GB with HSDPA+ speed ·_· (around 15$, more or less, I think). I'm very surprised, I thought that here it would be more expensive than in other countries xD

    On the other hand I think that adsl is more expensive here. I pay 60€ for only 10MB ·_·
    AO Spanish Fansite! =D

    http://albiononlinefans.es

  • Kibawolf wrote:


    On the other hand I think that adsl is more expensive here. I pay 60€ for only 10MB ·_·


    Please tell me you meant 10GB!!

    I should have specified that the prices I quoted were of LTE connection.

    My home wired internet is $80 unlimited high speed no throttling.
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill
  • Tug wrote:

    Kibawolf wrote:


    On the other hand I think that adsl is more expensive here. I pay 60€ for only 10MB ·_·


    Please tell me you meant 10GB!!

    I should have specified that the prices I quoted were of LTE connection.

    My home wired internet is $80 unlimited high speed no throttling.


    No, no, 10 MB xDDD Max download speed is 1 mbps xDDD

    Omg, seriously? O_O I feel kinda cheated by my ISP ¬¬ But this is how it is in Spain :/
    AO Spanish Fansite! =D

    http://albiononlinefans.es

  • Been online for somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes, and have used around 10mb while doing basic farming and running around town. This is excellent, and far exceeds my expectations!
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill