Bandwidth consumption

• Bandwidth consumption

I am curious about the bandwidth consumption of this game in various areas. I want to play this game when I am on the go, but I don't want to use dozens of GBs of data.

Specifically, would it be viable stay in town trading and marketing on a mobile connection?
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill
  • Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.
    An average number would be something like 30-50 MB per hour.
  • MadDave wrote:

Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.

30-50mb per hour is still a lot for a mobile connection. If you do 1 hour a day, that's like 1-1.5gb a month. In my country (Italy) people usually have around 2gb a month... But I know in other countries flat mobile internet is more common.

Conclusion: better use wifi for me :)
  • Jarko wrote:

MadDave wrote:

Albion is relatively easy on your bandwith. Traffic depends very much on the situation, i.e. there is a big difference between you standing there in the middle of nowhere and you running through the world and you in a massive battle with lots of players.

30-50mb per hour is still a lot for a mobile connection. If you do 1 hour a day, that's like 1-1.5gb a month. In my country (Italy) people usually have around 2gb a month... But I know in other countries flat mobile internet is more common.

Conclusion: better use wifi for me :)

Yeah personally i think i will only log on using mobile net for checking on stuff for a brief moment.
  • Data where I am is super expensive. $45 (CAD) for 2GB, $70 for 6GB, $85 for 10GB, and up from there...

I hope I'm able to keep it at $45 or less, but we will see. Most of my gaming will be done on wifi and my PC though! I can haz datas?

Also, thanks for the response @MadDave
    “It is all true, or it ought to be; and more and better besides.” ― Winston Churchill
  • Probably (If my tablet can deal with the game xD) I will play 1 or 2 hours per day with my mobile connection. Fortunately, it seems that here in Spain is cheaper than in other countries, I only pay 11€ per GB with HSDPA+ speed ·_· (around 15$, more or less, I think). I'm very surprised, I thought that here it would be more expensive than in other countries xD

On the other hand I think that adsl is more expensive here. I pay 60€ for only 10MB ·_·
    AO Spanish Fansite! =D

http://albiononlinefans.es

• Kibawolf wrote:

On the other hand I think that adsl is more expensive here. I pay 60€ for only 10MB ·_·

Please tell me you meant 10GB!!

I should have specified that the prices I quoted were of LTE connection.

My home wired internet is $80 unlimited high speed no throttling.
  • Tug wrote:

Kibawolf wrote:

Please tell me you meant 10GB!!

I should have specified that the prices I quoted were of LTE connection.

My home wired internet is $80 unlimited high speed no throttling.

No, no, 10 MB xDDD Max download speed is 1 mbps xDDD

Omg, seriously? O_O I feel kinda cheated by my ISP ¬¬ But this is how it is in Spain :/
    AO Spanish Fansite! =D

http://albiononlinefans.es

• Been online for somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes, and have used around 10mb while doing basic farming and running around town. This is excellent, and far exceeds my expectations!