[6. May 2021] Call to Arms Patch 4

    • Smackcheeks wrote:

      Let me make it very clear, i think it was necessary to nerf the quarterstaff because it was a bit too good. The cartwheel nerf was okay, its still one of the best Q abilities in the game. A friend of mine suggested to remove the movement speed buff from cartwheel entirely and let the resistance buff stay, and i think that would be a pretty good balance to the ability. 1 second less duration on stun run is pretty insignificant.

      With this said, i think reducing the cc time, adding standtime, and effectively reducing the range on the base quarterstaff E was too much. With the goal of reducing reset potential in corrupted dungeons, its now nerfed out of the game. There is no reason to play it in any type of content.

      I was very excited about the ability when CTA came, and i returned from a few months break just because i knew from patch notes that this would be a nice ability. It was so much fun to play with, especially in open world content. It was good, maybe too good, but most importantly it felt good to use, and the ability felt impactful and rewarding. Having that taken away feels bad. So i really hope there is a way to make the ability feel good to use again without it being too good. Because honestly using an ability that stuns me for the same amount of time as my opponent, and that stun is .7 seconds when my W ability can be 1 full second instead is just really really bad.
      Quarterstaff requires next to no skill to play and after these nerfs, it´s not " nerfed out of game " like you say - it´s still going super strong in corrupted.

      And upcoming nerfs to plate regen and buff to cloth regen along with nerf to knight armor, hoho - finally. Rats like quarterstaff players will have it a bit harder to play. Thanks god.

      And you complain your E stuns ONLY for 0.7 seconds? What a joke. It´s AOE ability along with MOBILITY and HUGE DAMAGE along with KNOCK UP and also its EASY TO LAND. You complain it´s weak ? Imagine how people who has to deal with this crap has to feel. Now that feels bad.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Smackcheeks wrote:

      Let me make it very clear, i think it was necessary to nerf the quarterstaff because it was a bit too good. The cartwheel nerf was okay, its still one of the best Q abilities in the game. A friend of mine suggested to remove the movement speed buff from cartwheel entirely and let the resistance buff stay, and i think that would be a pretty good balance to the ability. 1 second less duration on stun run is pretty insignificant.

      With this said, i think reducing the cc time, adding standtime, and effectively reducing the range on the base quarterstaff E was too much. With the goal of reducing reset potential in corrupted dungeons, its now nerfed out of the game. There is no reason to play it in any type of content.

      I was very excited about the ability when CTA came, and i returned from a few months break just because i knew from patch notes that this would be a nice ability. It was so much fun to play with, especially in open world content. It was good, maybe too good, but most importantly it felt good to use, and the ability felt impactful and rewarding. Having that taken away feels bad. So i really hope there is a way to make the ability feel good to use again without it being too good. Because honestly using an ability that stuns me for the same amount of time as my opponent, and that stun is .7 seconds when my W ability can be 1 full second instead is just really really bad.
      show me better synergy than QS E+stun run + demon cape :)
      I hope SBi soon rework demon cape to kill CC cheese builds :)
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Smackcheeks wrote:

      Let me make it very clear, i think it was necessary to nerf the quarterstaff because it was a bit too good. The cartwheel nerf was okay, its still one of the best Q abilities in the game. A friend of mine suggested to remove the movement speed buff from cartwheel entirely and let the resistance buff stay, and i think that would be a pretty good balance to the ability. 1 second less duration on stun run is pretty insignificant.

      With this said, i think reducing the cc time, adding standtime, and effectively reducing the range on the base quarterstaff E was too much. With the goal of reducing reset potential in corrupted dungeons, its now nerfed out of the game. There is no reason to play it in any type of content.

      I was very excited about the ability when CTA came, and i returned from a few months break just because i knew from patch notes that this would be a nice ability. It was so much fun to play with, especially in open world content. It was good, maybe too good, but most importantly it felt good to use, and the ability felt impactful and rewarding. Having that taken away feels bad. So i really hope there is a way to make the ability feel good to use again without it being too good. Because honestly using an ability that stuns me for the same amount of time as my opponent, and that stun is .7 seconds when my W ability can be 1 full second instead is just really really bad.
      Quarterstaff requires next to no skill to play and after these nerfs, it´s not " nerfed out of game " like you say - it´s still going super strong in corrupted.
      And upcoming nerfs to plate regen and buff to cloth regen along with nerf to knight armor, hoho - finally. Rats like quarterstaff players will have it a bit harder to play. Thanks god.

      And you complain your E stuns ONLY for 0.7 seconds? What a joke. It´s AOE ability along with MOBILITY and HUGE DAMAGE along with KNOCK UP and also its EASY TO LAND. You complain it´s weak ? Imagine how people who has to deal with this crap has to feel. Now that feels bad.
      No.
      Maybe it STILL needs a nerf in corrupteds, i dont know. I dont do too good with it there anymore, and i certainly have no problem beating it with a spear either.

      But in all other types of content; ganking, 5s, roads skirmishes, faction fights, faction ratting, 10s, 2s, the quarterstaff is not doing anything well enough that i'll be picked over any other weapon. It does not deal enough damage that it can compete with a dps build. It does not have enough mobility OR cc to be picked over other options in ganks. Its by NO MEANS a good tank weapon for group fights.

      Im not simply crying over a 0.7 second stun, even though 1h mace and grovekeeper does the exact same as qstaff E only with much longer cc. Im crying over added stand time, reduced range, and reduce cc duration.

      I would be fine if it did 50% less damage and had no standtime. Or 0 damage with no stand time and the old hitbox. Or 50% damage and standtime, but with longer cc.

      Im not sad about 1 change (reduced stun duration), but all the nerfed aspects together making the weapon useless. And im upset the weapon gets nerfed to that extent to balance corrupted dungeons. Im actually upset about all balance changes that is to balance corrupted dungeons and as a result makes something too good or too bad in other content.
    • Hellowi wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      I feel like swords need some more love. Would be great if you consider improving them by reducing standtime on Q and/or improving slightly Iron Will in terms of mobility or cooldawn.
      & Iron will is purgeable by cripple of spear(remember Iron will is immune to purge when activated
      That's because cripple is not a purge.

      'If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s.'

      I think this is fine as it is a targeted buff removal.
    • please nerf bow, they take no skill to play and its overall a broken weapon, you should see a pretty even balance in weapons in corrupted but it is currently just xbows and bows. i died myself multiple times in roads just by broken bows. i understand that range is a thing and am for it, bows are great but the damage is on par with melee weapons, this makes it almost imposible to fight against. maybe a idea is to nerf the damage with like 20% and lower the fire rate 20%.
      Did you know gun go brrrrr?
    • SirFragment wrote:

      Hellowi wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      I feel like swords need some more love. Would be great if you consider improving them by reducing standtime on Q and/or improving slightly Iron Will in terms of mobility or cooldawn.
      & Iron will is purgeable by cripple of spear(remember Iron will is immune to purge when activated
      That's because cripple is not a purge.
      'If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s.'

      I think this is fine as it is a targeted buff removal.
      um this is the pic of their skill description at the same time, removal of buff or purge buffs does the same thing I think there's something wrong w/ that. (In cripple it does say that it purged movement speed buffs but Iron will is unpurgeable while activated)
      Files
      • Cripple.PNG

        (215.82 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )
      • IronWill.PNG

        (234.39 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
    • Hellowi wrote:

      SirFragment wrote:

      Hellowi wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      I feel like swords need some more love. Would be great if you consider improving them by reducing standtime on Q and/or improving slightly Iron Will in terms of mobility or cooldawn.
      & Iron will is purgeable by cripple of spear(remember Iron will is immune to purge when activated
      That's because cripple is not a purge.'If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s.'

      I think this is fine as it is a targeted buff removal.
      um this is the pic of their skill description at the same time, removal of buff or purge buffs does the same thing I think there's something wrong w/ that. (In cripple it does say that it purged movement speed buffs but Iron will is unpurgeable while activated)
      Cripple should definitely NOT work on Ironwill, if it does that is a 100% bug.
    • AurumTitanos wrote:

      Hellowi wrote:

      SirFragment wrote:

      Hellowi wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      I feel like swords need some more love. Would be great if you consider improving them by reducing standtime on Q and/or improving slightly Iron Will in terms of mobility or cooldawn.
      & Iron will is purgeable by cripple of spear(remember Iron will is immune to purge when activated
      That's because cripple is not a purge.'If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s.'
      I think this is fine as it is a targeted buff removal.
      um this is the pic of their skill description at the same time, removal of buff or purge buffs does the same thing I think there's something wrong w/ that. (In cripple it does say that it purged movement speed buffs but Iron will is unpurgeable while activated)
      Cripple should definitely NOT work on Ironwill, if it does that is a 100% bug.
      still got the vid evidence w/ slowmo -