The main problem of this game is ...

• The main problem of this game is ...

New

... That there are far too many people on the server. The cities are crowded, the maps are crowded, everything is crowded.

In addition, it generates recurrent lags which make the game painful to play.

Are the developers currently thinking about a solution to this major problem ? Did they communicate about this anywhere ? ?(

Thank you. :thumbup:

The post was edited 6 times, last by LeDruide ().

• New

Err... no?
      The crowded placed are:
      1- Main cities (Caerleon isn't crowded at all)
      2- Maps close to the cities (because they are safe)
      3- CTAs ZVZs on prime time in the Black Zones.

Other than that, there is no crowd at all. Most zones are empty, reds as empty, blacks and roads are empty.
      I don't think you are paying proper attention to the game.

What can be done and the devs are probably looking into it is to send a little of the guys who are on the Main Cities and the Yellows/Blues to the Reds/Black by giving them a better rewards, cause if we think about the Risk/Reward Golden Rule of this game, the risk of going to a danger zone is currently way too high for the current reward. Like, why would I risk 10m of gear going to the Red to Faction Farm since I get at average 70k each dungeon? It would take around 140 dungeons to break even. I'd rather get that 10m gear and go to the Yellows to get around 30k but not risky it.
      Back on the day we could risk losing 500k gear all day and being dived by 9 guys on soloes because 1 T8 SRD would give around 300k to 500k, Risk vs Reward.
    • New

Yes, I'm speaking as a new player so I'm talking about the first continent blue/yellow zones and cities (i don't know for the red map but people complain about it too)

The fact that there is literally one player per pixel in town and one player per square meter in the map breaks the immersion so much ... It's ugly, annoying, noisy, etc ... I can't feel the relaxing atmosphere of the game. While that is an important part of what made me come to this game.

And it seems that the lags come from the fact that the information has to cross the Atlantic since I am in France and the servers in the USA. So I think the best solution would be to implement a European server. I know that the community is hostile to dividing, but frankly it is unplayable for us. I think there are more than enough players to do this.

The game has become so popular that devs should do like all the other big MMO by opening servers on different continents.
    • New

Its hard because the game was developed to be a single server, they are expanding the maps to give more room to players, exactly because its crowded in some places.
      As I said, the current issue is that we had 4 patches that nerfed pretty heavily the income from the BlackMarket and Queens rework made the Outlands impossible to play small scale for regular players.
      Each major patch has a focus on something, the Queens reworked entirely the Outlands, made them bigger but broke a few things (even though they are bigger now, the big alliances are controlling everything and there is no way solo guys would go on an adventure to the BlackZone), then we had the Mists of Avalon, that added the Roads, again, great content but the problem is that there is noway solo guys can profit there in a viable way (only if you are very good at the game and have good ping), Call to Arms came to rework the Hellgates and Faction Warfare. So last few patches we had:
      1- Rework on the Outlands (way bigger) - Made to address big alliances
      2- Mists of Avalon - Made to address small scale organic pvp and solo experiences.
      3- Corrupted Dungeons - Made for 1v1 pve+pvp experience, came as a fix for duels and for the unfair dungeon dive that was happening.
      4- Nerfed HCE income so ppl don't stay in cities too much
      5- Reworked HellGates to address instanced 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10 pvp experience.
      6- Reworked Faction Warfare, to be a introduction to ZVZ fights without losing gear and you can choose to lose gear (on reds) and be way more profitable that way.

IMO the next approach for SBI is to address Solo and Group dungeons as a content level.
      That being said, what needs to be done is to tune UP the rewards so that is worth for ppl to venture to the Reds/Black/Roads. 50% fame/loot isn't worth the risk, they already nerfed pretty bad the safe zones, they need to tune up the other ones so that we have a reason to go there. There needs to be something like 200% loot bonus.

It seems that this will be addressed in the next patch, lets see.

Note: "It's ugly, annoying, noisy, etc ... I can't feel the relaxing atmosphere of the game." this game isn't supposed to be relaxed, if this is what you are looking for this is not your game.
      This game is about the frustation of losing everything and the extasy of winning everything.

The post was edited 2 times, last by hFly ().

• New

main problem with game is, they have to stop focusing on mobile.. and start working on PC version..
      looks like china market takes over PC version imean mobile.. massive bugs,glitches, broken items, unbalanced content..3/4 game is dead and unplayable..
      what devs doing ? RELEASE MOBILE version.

1.hundreds topic about CD inbalanced/unplayable builds..
      2.thousands topics about dead blackzones
      3.hundreds topics about ROADS
      4.hundreds topics about HG/10v10,20v20,5v5,2v2
      5.everything is in wrose state than ever..
      6. HIDEOUTS and SOLO RD... safe timers ? 10 HO per zone ?
      7.only playable and fun content are FACTIONS

ohh and crystals 200 ppl play it and they got patchs every week if needed.
      about ping and servers thats true, there should be selected servers for NA,EU,ASIAN etc..
      game is overcrowded and everything what was made in last few months/years only make Albion more and more safer and noob friendly.
    • New

LeDruide wrote:

... That there are far too many people on the server. The cities are crowded, the maps are crowded, everything is crowded.

In addition, it generates recurrent lags which make the game painful to play.

Are the developers currently thinking about a solution to this major problem ? Did they communicate about this anywhere ? ?(

Thank you. :thumbup:

The Cities are crowded and YZ is crowded, SBI should encourage those people to go to the Blackzone and live there. 99% of the blackzone maps are completely empty. Maybe adding some open-world buildings/ability to build your own town etc would make people spread better around the BZ.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alamric ().