RIP Faction ZvZ?

    • Faction Warfare
    • Piraterer wrote:

      Why a new faction? Just flag Caerleon. You can kill every other Faction, you can fight in waves and even kill your own faction.

      Go in a dungeon and try to get some fools into your chokes.
      I want the possibility for players to be a "mercenary" who doesnt get punished for switching between cities, but to make it more fair for the other players I said that this "mercenaries" should receive some less points so it could not be abused. Caerlon limits groups to only run a zerg of 20 or being forced into handholding with the possibility of accidentally killing each other. Also I have been with Caerlon a few Bandits lately and honestly the fights were fun but only because the people on the other side were even worse than the people deffing the faction fights before. Yesterday we faught with 20 man vs 2 tier 3 blobs at once on a open area and still won, which really shows that the fights are at a even worse stage than before because that would never happened in the faction fight days before the update.
    • Clasics wrote:

      Blenfjorn wrote:

      New faction content is much better. A bunch of shitters running from one town to another just to fight at the town border was crap content. No real point behind it, and annoying for anyone who was leaving town to gather or whatever, only to find a 100 vs 100 fight happening and lagging them up. Now there is purpose behind the content, and border fights are way more rare, which is a good thing.
      Oh yeah of course, running for 4 yellow zones straight, fighting in mediocre fights filled with noobs, with out even the joy of looting them, and finally reaching red zone where the real fun starts for all of us who remember this used to be a "full loot pvp hardcore mmo" just to see people go in, tag an outpost and inmediately run away as soon as they see another blob spawn in the map, thats way better.
      Removing the full loot aspect, the city invasions and such, just to replace it with a korean grinder simulator with stupid bars and chests which just reward you crap, thats also great, who the fuck wants to loot dead bodies you and your m8's just run over when you can just press a button and see that lovely menu filled with bars and how they fill up! I'd rather watch the paint go dry than participating in that bullshit.

      If I was looking for meaningless endless pvp encounters, there are better mmorpg out there doing it, the reason albion is unique was because of the full loot, and the risky open world enviroment, both things are slowly dying or being narrowed into little instances separated from the open world, just so braindead farmers, and gatherers can go around afking on stupid bushes, and when they get bored, they can go into that pretty "war simulator" which has no absolute meaning at all.

      This game is shit compared with what it used to be, and you want to know why just going into black zone is not a solution for all of us who enjoyed what this game used to be? Because as soon as you step on black zone, you have to join a guild, fight for this guild, give money to this guild, wear the build this guild forces you to wear, not loot a single piece of shit even if you solo killed the corpse you are looting, if you do loot, you have to give it all back into a donations chest, and all of that crap works only if you do get to fight, because as soon as you reach the top guilds, you see how they play, and most CTA you don't even fight at all, you just run through 20 maps, then stay there for 1 hour, and then return home. Thats the "high lvl zvz content" some asshole mentioned earlier on this post.
      I really have to agree with you, finally someone that understands what was special about Albion and what makes (made) it unique. It is a full loot pvp mmo and if players dont enjoy that find another game. As you mentioned they are turning the game into a game that represents a different content and that will become a problem as there are many other games that will offer this content already and are way more devleoped in this direction and therefore Albion wont be able to compete with those games. If they continue down their path they will destroy the attractiveness of the game and will be forgotten.
    • Ambush69 wrote:

      As i told another guy before, if you would actually read instead of crying you would see that Im saying im fine with the update for all the people that enjoy it but im unhappy that the update kinda of contradicts the way the old faction fights happend. Im not saying they should delete the update, im saying they should include the possiblilty for the original faction fight community to continue with their content. From your comment i think you are the one ignorant as you seem to only read what you want so better make sure to be fully informed before throwing assumptions around
      you cant flag up and go inside dungeon ? ping discord and w8 for blob.. or people dont want play like that anymore ?
      and you blame new update for it ?
      I dont get it where is problem ?? new faction especial bandit event is suuper fun..
      ofc rats are problem same like before. t4 blob flat 4 shiters :)
    • It basically comes down to asking the following question. What was the vision of the devs?

      ZvZ was intended for fighting over territories.
      Factions was intended for fighting over outposts, town loyalty, etc.

      A group of people decided "We don't want to ZvZ the way the game was intended, we want to use this faction system to do it instead". They ignored the intent of the game, which fine, you have that right, but the devs saw the issue and went and fixed it. Now you're complaining that it is going to kill the game's uniqueness. No it isn't. That ZvZ you crave is still out there. You just refuse to go find it, because it used to be right on the border of town.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      It basically comes down to asking the following question. What was the vision of the devs?

      ZvZ was intended for fighting over territories.
      Factions was intended for fighting over outposts, town loyalty, etc.

      A group of people decided "We don't want to ZvZ the way the game was intended, we want to use this faction system to do it instead". They ignored the intent of the game, which fine, you have that right, but the devs saw the issue and went and fixed it. Now you're complaining that it is going to kill the game's uniqueness. No it isn't. That ZvZ you crave is still out there. You just refuse to go find it, because it used to be right on the border of town.
      Its a sandbox mmo so there is not too much intent behind those changes i assume. Town loyalty was just brought into faction and doesnt make sense as caerlon can kill each other so town loyalty is not really the reason they changed it. As i mentioned the overall intend is to make the game fun and enjoyable and that group of people decided that they liked faction zvzs. Before the update there was nobody doing outposts either and sandbox enabled the player to find their own content. Also im sure the devs did not see any issue with the old faction but rather went ahead and created a new content, which destroyed the old content not by intend but rather by not including it. There was no reason for them to delete the content. If you would have participated in the old faction zvzs and the blackzone zvzs which you say are the same you would know that your thought is wrong as it is not the same style of zvz. I also mentioned that in my post, for example the zerg debuff. Blackzone zvz is running around for politics most people dont care about and do not benefit from either. Yes I did love the fact that it was outside the city and I do not enjoy the clusterque zerg debuff politic zvzs in blackzone. There im forced to fight for a certain guild or alliance and in faction I could team up with players from all over the game. I dont refuse to do anything but the content I like does not exist in this form any longer and all im saying is that the devs could easily make it viable again. I dont understand why all the people that didnt like the old faction are now complaining but that the new faction is better. Thats your opinion and mine is different all I want is the devs to put in a very small effort to make it viable again, as it was not just me enjyoing it but thousands of players. You dont see me complaining about wanting them to revert the update but productivly trying to make my content possible again so all comments of people that are telling me that the new faction is better and I can still find zvzs in blackzone are irrelevant as they are missing my intent of the post.
    • Ambush69 wrote:

      Its a sandbox mmo so there is not too much intent behind those changes i assume. Town loyalty was just brought into faction and doesnt make sense as caerlon can kill each other so town loyalty is not really the reason they changed it. As i mentioned the overall intend is to make the game fun and enjoyable and that group of people decided that they liked faction zvzs. Before the update there was nobody doing outposts either and sandbox enabled the player to find their own content. Also im sure the devs did not see any issue with the old faction but rather went ahead and created a new content, which destroyed the old content not by intend but rather by not including it. There was no reason for them to delete the content. If you would have participated in the old faction zvzs and the blackzone zvzs which you say are the same you would know that your thought is wrong as it is not the same style of zvz. I also mentioned that in my post, for example the zerg debuff. Blackzone zvz is running around for politics most people dont care about and do not benefit from either. Yes I did love the fact that it was outside the city and I do not enjoy the clusterque zerg debuff politic zvzs in blackzone. There im forced to fight for a certain guild or alliance and in faction I could team up with players from all over the game. I dont refuse to do anything but the content I like does not exist in this form any longer and all im saying is that the devs could easily make it viable again. I dont understand why all the people that didnt like the old faction are now complaining but that the new faction is better. Thats your opinion and mine is different all I want is the devs to put in a very small effort to make it viable again, as it was not just me enjyoing it but thousands of players. You dont see me complaining about wanting them to revert the update but productivly trying to make my content possible again so all comments of people that are telling me that the new faction is better and I can still find zvzs in blackzone are irrelevant as they are missing my intent of the post.
      Sorry your enjoyment of near town mindless zerg PvP was removed then. No point arguing with you since you say that any counterpoint to your argument is pointless or irrelevant.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      Its a sandbox mmo so there is not too much intent behind those changes i assume. Town loyalty was just brought into faction and doesnt make sense as caerlon can kill each other so town loyalty is not really the reason they changed it. As i mentioned the overall intend is to make the game fun and enjoyable and that group of people decided that they liked faction zvzs. Before the update there was nobody doing outposts either and sandbox enabled the player to find their own content. Also im sure the devs did not see any issue with the old faction but rather went ahead and created a new content, which destroyed the old content not by intend but rather by not including it. There was no reason for them to delete the content. If you would have participated in the old faction zvzs and the blackzone zvzs which you say are the same you would know that your thought is wrong as it is not the same style of zvz. I also mentioned that in my post, for example the zerg debuff. Blackzone zvz is running around for politics most people dont care about and do not benefit from either. Yes I did love the fact that it was outside the city and I do not enjoy the clusterque zerg debuff politic zvzs in blackzone. There im forced to fight for a certain guild or alliance and in faction I could team up with players from all over the game. I dont refuse to do anything but the content I like does not exist in this form any longer and all im saying is that the devs could easily make it viable again. I dont understand why all the people that didnt like the old faction are now complaining but that the new faction is better. Thats your opinion and mine is different all I want is the devs to put in a very small effort to make it viable again, as it was not just me enjyoing it but thousands of players. You dont see me complaining about wanting them to revert the update but productivly trying to make my content possible again so all comments of people that are telling me that the new faction is better and I can still find zvzs in blackzone are irrelevant as they are missing my intent of the post.
      Sorry your enjoyment of near town mindless zerg PvP was removed then. No point arguing with you since you say that any counterpoint to your argument is pointless or irrelevant.
      Yes obviously it is irrelevant cuz I dont wanna have an argument which faction content is better, but I wanna argue that they destroyed the old content despite you liking it or not. Also mindless zerg pvp next to city still exist so your point also makes no sense. It has just been change to be a actually mindless cuz people do not get punished for dieing anymore as its no leathal content now.
    • Ambush69 wrote:

      Yes obviously it is irrelevant cuz I dont wanna have an argument which faction content is better, but I wanna argue that they destroyed the old content despite you liking it or not. Also mindless zerg pvp next to city still exist so your point also makes no sense. It has just been change to be a actually mindless cuz people do not get punished for dieing anymore as its no leathal content now.
      Wrong again. The near town border zerg stuff happens a lot less now, and also when it does happen, it at least factors into the faction point system, so there is a point to it. People are going for outposts, and when all the outposts are taken, sometimes the group will finish off with a near town battle. Its not literally an all day thing of "flag one city, run to next city, battle, unflag, join the city we just attacked, move to next city" nonsense that was going on. If you liked it, then sucks to be you, because the content has more meaning now, which you have an issue with. Congrats, I thought I was done arguing with you but you pulled me back into it. Will give you credit there.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      Yes obviously it is irrelevant cuz I dont wanna have an argument which faction content is better, but I wanna argue that they destroyed the old content despite you liking it or not. Also mindless zerg pvp next to city still exist so your point also makes no sense. It has just been change to be a actually mindless cuz people do not get punished for dieing anymore as its no leathal content now.
      Wrong again. The near town border zerg stuff happens a lot less now, and also when it does happen, it at least factors into the faction point system, so there is a point to it. People are going for outposts, and when all the outposts are taken, sometimes the group will finish off with a near town battle. Its not literally an all day thing of "flag one city, run to next city, battle, unflag, join the city we just attacked, move to next city" nonsense that was going on. If you liked it, then sucks to be you, because the content has more meaning now, which you have an issue with. Congrats, I thought I was done arguing with you but you pulled me back into it. Will give you credit there.
      You seem to not be able comprehend the smallest things so i guess no point in arguing. If faction points are more meaning than fun itself than Im sorry for you that people need to tell you what you can and what you can not do.
    • Ambush69 wrote:

      You seem to not be able comprehend the smallest things so i guess no point in arguing. If faction points are more meaning than fun itself than Im sorry for you that people need to tell you what you can and what you can not do.
      I actually do exactly what I want to do in game, and I don't need a shitter town border zerg war to do it either. Sorry you can't come up with better content and needed to wait for a zerg war to start by town to get any enjoyment out of the game. I am pretty sad for you to be fully honest.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      You seem to not be able comprehend the smallest things so i guess no point in arguing. If faction points are more meaning than fun itself than Im sorry for you that people need to tell you what you can and what you can not do.
      I actually do exactly what I want to do in game, and I don't need a shitter town border zerg war to do it either. Sorry you can't come up with better content and needed to wait for a zerg war to start by town to get any enjoyment out of the game. I am pretty sad for you to be fully honest.
      Yeah i saw the content you are doing is running in with flat 4 gear so Im really happy for you that those little things are already enough to keep you entertaint :)
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      It basically comes down to asking the following question. What was the vision of the devs?

      ZvZ was intended for fighting over territories.
      Factions was intended for fighting over outposts, town loyalty, etc.

      A group of people decided "We don't want to ZvZ the way the game was intended, we want to use this faction system to do it instead". They ignored the intent of the game, which fine, you have that right, but the devs saw the issue and went and fixed it. Now you're complaining that it is going to kill the game's uniqueness. No it isn't. That ZvZ you crave is still out there. You just refuse to go find it, because it used to be right on the border of town.
      No, it's actually not out there anymore because guess what, people won't come out fucking blue/yellow zones!! And if they do come out, they rat outposts and run away when the fight reaches them, they do it in fort, they do it in lymhurst, thetford, every city the same shit.

      Do you really belive I didn't try to find that fight? I went a whole week every single day out there, running the 5 maps, going into red zones, before, during and after the event, asking in faction chat if there was any group in red zone. I've even geared up in 8.1 and went alone into red zones just to wait for allies.

      All you can get into is medicre fights filled with people with no more than 700 ip, with no risk involved, people who don't even know how a camlan's E look like, standing still inside outposts, melting against every single clap, but who cares if the only penalty is respawning a few maps away, it was fun to farm noobs for points first 2 days, it got bored really fast. I'd be back in ESO if that is what albion is all about in 2021, or even gw2 with its disastrous wvw mode is better than this.

      At least back with the old system, even if it was shit, and meaningless, players went to other cities to invade, risked their loot, looked for some full loot hardcore content, and had some fun, the way this game was designed, now it's like another wow clone, only in 2.5d.

      If you belive filling stupid bars with meaningless chests wich reward random crap have more meaning than what the game was designed for from it's core, which means killing and looting other players, feeling the risk of losing your stuff, etc. Then enjoy your korean grinder.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Clasics ().

    • Ambush69 wrote:

      Georg51 wrote:

      If you went out every day in the red zones and looked for fights and didn’t find any then I’d have to guess that you are legally blind.

      Every bandit event there are fights.
      You still think that? Bandit has slowed down massively, sometimes there is events were no red zone next to caerlon even gets captured..
      Thats the best evenings. You have too many fights so you cant capture. Maybe not that good for Caerleon rat faction.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Georg51 wrote:

      If you went out every day in the red zones and looked for fights and didn’t find any then I’d have to guess that you are legally blind.

      Every bandit event there are fights.
      And whats your definition of a fight? I've seen countless groups ratting outpost, running away from other blobs, only chasing ganker squads, thats not fighting to me, all I see is big groups avoiding each other picking easy fights or just running away.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      Yes obviously it is irrelevant cuz I dont wanna have an argument which faction content is better, but I wanna argue that they destroyed the old content despite you liking it or not. Also mindless zerg pvp next to city still exist so your point also makes no sense. It has just been change to be a actually mindless cuz people do not get punished for dieing anymore as its no leathal content now.
      Wrong again. The near town border zerg stuff happens a lot less now, and also when it does happen, it at least factors into the faction point system, so there is a point to it. People are going for outposts, and when all the outposts are taken, sometimes the group will finish off with a near town battle. Its not literally an all day thing of "flag one city, run to next city, battle, unflag, join the city we just attacked, move to next city" nonsense that was going on. If you liked it, then sucks to be you, because the content has more meaning now, which you have an issue with. Congrats, I thought I was done arguing with you but you pulled me back into it. Will give you credit there.


      Here you have your point, this is the last open world full loot pvp game, and they switched the focus from looting players in open field, to a korean like, endless xp bars grind, just to open trash chests with random mats.

      The meaning behind storming other city was to kill and loot, this new system reminds me to wow bg missions, or ESO's cyrodill quests, and makes the enitre scene pointless, you buy one set and spend all day farming noobs on no more than 1k IP, running around blind because since there is no penalty about dying they move like freaking bots. Either that or you find 8.3 players because who gives a f, running around melting groups of people completely careless. You fill this xp bars as if you were playing a korean mobile mmo, and then get random trash from those chests. Thats it, fighting means nothing, risk reward factor is trashed. There is no thrill involved. Just meaningless repetitive content, on the lowest of scales because most people on blue/yellow maps don't even understand how to build or even move at the battlefield, they are dead weight waiting to be clapped.

      If that is the future of albion, I should have stayed on ESO, or GW2, or even wow bg's, at least they have more polished combat, mechanics, 3d next gen graphics, the only reason pvpers pick this game is because of the full loot and open world pvp but between this faction laughware and hellgate/corrupteds/crystals this is slowly dying.

      Plus in this game gear is cheap and easy to get, money too, the whole game is designed about dying and replenishing your gear, they should encourage people to risk loot, this is not a regular mmorpg where you spend months building your character, so this route they took makes absolutely no sense when compared to the whole game's design. It was a good idea to add non lethal HG, CD and crystals, so people can try different comps but do we really need non lethal zvz? Specially when people stop playing full loot content just to play this version? Because they are afraid to die in a game where you can farm your set 5 times in 1 hour?

      I think they should remove korean chests, add a huge reward for people who fight on red zone like those chests in the BZ castles but on every outpost, and remove every reward from safe zones, making it a true practice field, and motivating people into full loot content, either that or keep all the rewards but rever the non lethal mechanic.