RIP Faction ZvZ?

    • Faction Warfare
    • RIP Faction ZvZ?

      The beauty of Albion is the large diversity of activies in which player can participate. A lot of different content leads to a lot of different "small" communities that are focused on that specific topic. For example there are communities for HCE, Avalonian dungeons, crafting and thére is (was) a community of over 5000 players that enjoyed the old faction fights. The player base created their own discords to provide the players interested with all necessary information tp participate in those fights.
      I understand that because there are many different communities in Albion, that there are for sure alot of players (especially new players) that will enjoy the faction update and the opportunity to fight in yellow and blue zones now without losing their gear. For me personally this makes not a lot of sense because the thrill of Albion is for me the full loot open world pvp system which makes the game so interesting, but like I said I except that there will be different opinions and that there are people that enjoy the pvp content without a risk. However, I fell like the faction update was made without including the already existing content of the faction fight community. It didnt just not include the old community, but it actually destroyed the loved content of thousends of players. I have many friends and associates that I know in Albion that quit the game because the update took away the most interesting content for them. Those players were alot of high end players, that had already explored most of the other parts of Albion and alot of those players were risking high end gear as well in those fights. Albion is already super overwhelming for new players and I dont think the game needs to work on content for new players, but rather for those already activly participating in the game.
      The major problem of the update is not just the way to large royal map and the problem of not being able to do those fights in yellow zones anymore, but its rather the reward system for the faction content. For the old faction content it was necesarry to teleport to whatever city was being attacked and flag up for this city. Now with the update, most people dont want to switch their faction anymore as this means losing all their progress and this is not enjoyed by any player. My idea for this could be the creation of a new "faction", called mercenaries. This faction could be rewarded with less points for example only 50% of the points that players would get for the same actions whilst flagged for their specific city. The mercenaries would than be free to flag for any city they want, however with a slower progress to ensure the fairness towards the other players. I feel like this would enable the old faction community to try and organize their beloved fights again, as they are the current "losers" of the update.
      Additionally, I want to add that I did give the update a chance and participated in a few Bandit events etc. However, this is nowhere comparable to the old fights, as you just have massive blobs running away from each other and maybe get like 1 fight in the 1 hour of Bandit event. From what I have seen and my personal experince I think that there were way more and bigger fights before the update. A proof for that is, if you look on the red zones during the time without the Bandit event, those zones are dead 99% of the time and all red zones are usually Caerlon owned already 20 minutes after the event, because players dont participate in the red zone content without the Bandit event.
      To sum up, I really hope my thoughts are heard and considered by the team of Albion Online and they understand the problems that the update has put on a community that used to be one of biggest and most active in Albion. I would hate to see the era of this game end this way, as before the update I would have told people that Albion was by far the most interesting and action filled MMORPG, whilst now after the update I feel like its just a game like any other and this is sad. SAVE OLD FACTION OR RIP ALBION

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ambush69 ().

    • >Says diversity of activities is good for the game.

      >Wants faction content to be boiled down to lame dungeon fights full of rats and cleric cowls.

      Theres far more royals content than there has ever been in the game's history where everyone can participate. For those wanting more serious ZvZ - theres the black zones.

      If you want to organize fights, see the BZ's.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Ambush69 wrote:

      The beauty of Albion is the large diversity of activies in which player can participate. A lot of different content leads to a lot of different "small" communities that are focused on that specific topic. For example there are communities for HCE, Avalonian dungeons, crafting and thére is (was) a community of over 5000 players that enjoyed the old faction fights. The player base created their own discords to provide the players interested with all necessary information tp participate in those fights.
      and how many drama was there ? how many diffrent discords ? how many rats ?
      do I want ping fight and w8 for T4 blob of rats with flat 4 gear waiting to loot me ? fuck that shit..
    • I think a lot of the problem would go away if they adjusted bandit event to encourage actual fights rather than try to tag as many red zone outposts as possible. In fact, I think SBI really needs to start thinking about how to make fighting the optimal strategy when introducing new PvP gameplay options. first CD, now bandit event, two PvP oriented game mechanics, have fallen prey to failing to foresee the optimal way to play them which is to be run, reset, rat, etc. etc. Players optimizing the fun out of your game is a well known game dev phenomenon and SBI gets repeatedly tripped up by it.
    • Georg51 wrote:

      >Says diversity of activities is good for the game.

      >Wants faction content to be boiled down to lame dungeon fights full of rats and cleric cowls.

      Theres far more royals content than there has ever been in the game's history where everyone can participate. For those wanting more serious ZvZ - theres the black zones.

      If you want to organize fights, see the BZ'
      There was different kind of faction fights and that it was lame is your opinion on which I totally disagree. BZ zvzs are boring for me cuz its horse simulation and clusterque waiting only. Also huge zerg debuffs makes the claps less exciting for me

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ambush69 ().

    • UNFM wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      The beauty of Albion is the large diversity of activies in which player can participate. A lot of different content leads to a lot of different "small" communities that are focused on that specific topic. For example there are communities for HCE, Avalonian dungeons, crafting and thére is (was) a community of over 5000 players that enjoyed the old faction fights. The player base created their own discords to provide the players interested with all necessary information tp participate in those fights.
      and how many drama was there ? how many diffrent discords ? how many rats ?do I want ping fight and w8 for T4 blob of rats with flat 4 gear waiting to loot me ? fuck that shit..
      Humans are always drama no matter what. As if there are less rats in the new faction update? Even more people in shit gear only there for loot. Not my problem if you didnt enjoy the old faction but I and many people did so that is the problem Im seeing.
    • fip wrote:

      I think a lot of the problem would go away if they adjusted bandit event to encourage actual fights rather than try to tag as many red zone outposts as possible. In fact, I think SBI really needs to start thinking about how to make fighting the optimal strategy when introducing new PvP gameplay options. first CD, now bandit event, two PvP oriented game mechanics, have fallen prey to failing to foresee the optimal way to play them which is to be run, reset, rat, etc. etc. Players optimizing the fun out of your game is a well known game dev phenomenon and SBI gets repeatedly tripped up by it.
      Yes that is a valid point, but they changed a running system that was PVP only to a capture the flag event. The fun of the faction fights didnt get lost cuz of the players but actually because of SBI in this case. I mean they can keep the update for all those people that enjoy it, Im just asking to make the old faction fights more viable again so its up to the community again to arrange them
    • Piraterer wrote:

      Faction Discords are shit. Afraid of fighting and baiting big groups into dungeons.
      The new faction System is huuge. With big fight ins Yellow/Blue and even more epic fights in Redzone.
      Sterling for the win!
      Sounds like you didnt really participate in alot of faction fights. There is always times were people make shit fights but generally there were alot of nice fights too. Fighting in a dungeon makes a lot of sence and also is enjoyed by alot of people. Stating your opinion which is different than mine really doesnt do anything for the situation. You said old fights were shit and new big fights in yellow zones are great? For me the old faction was the best thing about Albion, which actually made Albion the best PVP game in my opinion and the new yellowzone fights are boring af. Why would you ever go in a yellowzone in Albion? That is my opinion and it would be great if we both would be able to gain the content we prefer.
    • Ok strange that Faction Discords are dead after the Update. Seems like the majority like playing open world more than lame dungeon fights.
      You say your opinion i told you mine.

      Old Faction fights in dungeon style are available. But Community dont want them anymore. Time to accept this change.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Piraterer wrote:

      Ok strange that Faction Discords are dead after the Update. Seems like the majority like playing open world more than lame dungeon fights.
      You say your opinion i told you mine.

      Old Faction fights in dungeon style are available. But Community dont want them anymore. Time to accept this change.
      Reading doesnt seem to be your strength. I explained why the discords are dead in my original post so if you are here to be productive just read it again. If you are here to cry about how much you love the update, then this isnt the post for you :)
    • New faction content is much better. A bunch of shitters running from one town to another just to fight at the town border was crap content. No real point behind it, and annoying for anyone who was leaving town to gather or whatever, only to find a 100 vs 100 fight happening and lagging them up. Now there is purpose behind the content, and border fights are way more rare, which is a good thing.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      New faction content is much better. A bunch of shitters running from one town to another just to fight at the town border was crap content. No real point behind it, and annoying for anyone who was leaving town to gather or whatever, only to find a 100 vs 100 fight happening and lagging them up. Now there is purpose behind the content, and border fights are way more rare, which is a good thing.
      Oh yeah of course, running for 4 yellow zones straight, fighting in mediocre fights filled with noobs, with out even the joy of looting them, and finally reaching red zone where the real fun starts for all of us who remember this used to be a "full loot pvp hardcore mmo" just to see people go in, tag an outpost and inmediately run away as soon as they see another blob spawn in the map, thats way better.

      Removing the full loot aspect, the city invasions and such, just to replace it with a korean grinder simulator with stupid bars and chests which just reward you crap, thats also great, who the fuck wants to loot dead bodies you and your m8's just run over when you can just press a button and see that lovely menu filled with bars and how they fill up! I'd rather watch the paint go dry than participating in that bullshit.

      If I was looking for meaningless endless pvp encounters, there are better mmorpg out there doing it, the reason albion is unique was because of the full loot, and the risky open world enviroment, both things are slowly dying or being narrowed into little instances separated from the open world, just so braindead farmers, and gatherers can go around afking on stupid bushes, and when they get bored, they can go into that pretty "war simulator" which has no absolute meaning at all.

      This game is shit compared with what it used to be, and you want to know why just going into black zone is not a solution for all of us who enjoyed what this game used to be? Because as soon as you step on black zone, you have to join a guild, fight for this guild, give money to this guild, wear the build this guild forces you to wear, not loot a single piece of shit even if you solo killed the corpse you are looting, if you do loot, you have to give it all back into a donations chest, and all of that crap works only if you do get to fight, because as soon as you reach the top guilds, you see how they play, and most CTA you don't even fight at all, you just run through 20 maps, then stay there for 1 hour, and then return home. Thats the "high lvl zvz content" some asshole mentioned earlier on this post.
    • Clasics wrote:

      Blenfjorn wrote:

      New faction content is much better. A bunch of shitters running from one town to another just to fight at the town border was crap content. No real point behind it, and annoying for anyone who was leaving town to gather or whatever, only to find a 100 vs 100 fight happening and lagging them up. Now there is purpose behind the content, and border fights are way more rare, which is a good thing.
      Oh yeah of course, running for 4 yellow zones straight, fighting in mediocre fights filled with noobs, with out even the joy of looting them, and finally reaching red zone where the real fun starts for all of us who remember this used to be a "full loot pvp hardcore mmo" just to see people go in, tag an outpost and inmediately run away as soon as they see another blob spawn in the map, thats way better.
      Removing the full loot aspect, the city invasions and such, just to replace it with a korean grinder simulator with stupid bars and chests which just reward you crap, thats also great, who the fuck wants to loot dead bodies you and your m8's just run over when you can just press a button and see that lovely menu filled with bars and how they fill up! I'd rather watch the paint go dry than participating in that bullshit.

      If I was looking for meaningless endless pvp encounters, there are better mmorpg out there doing it, the reason albion is unique was because of the full loot, and the risky open world enviroment, both things are slowly dying or being narrowed into little instances separated from the open world, just so braindead farmers, and gatherers can go around afking on stupid bushes, and when they get bored, they can go into that pretty "war simulator" which has no absolute meaning at all.

      This game is shit compared with what it used to be, and you want to know why just going into black zone is not a solution for all of us who enjoyed what this game used to be? Because as soon as you step on black zone, you have to join a guild, fight for this guild, give money to this guild, wear the build this guild forces you to wear, not loot a single piece of shit even if you solo killed the corpse you are looting, if you do loot, you have to give it all back into a donations chest, and all of that crap works only if you do get to fight, because as soon as you reach the top guilds, you see how they play, and most CTA you don't even fight at all, you just run through 20 maps, then stay there for 1 hour, and then return home. Thats the "high lvl zvz content" some asshole mentioned earlier on this post.
      Wow, so angry. I will agree with you on the guild stuff, which is why I play in a solo guild. Why should someone else get a cut of the money I earned? And why should someone else dictate what I do in the game? My two least favorite words in this game are "taxes" and "mandatory". So I don't join anyone else's guild for this reason.

      But border battles were content for shitters. If you want to blame anyone for this content being taken away, blame the people who made a Discord server for it so it happened 10x as often as it did prior. When you leave town and there is a 100 vs 100 battle happening 9 times out of 10 that you leave town, it gets annoying. So people complained, and now it is gone and replaced with something that actually has some meaning and lore behind it. And the loot pvp still exists in the proper zones for it.
    • how can it get annoying? Is part of the game, I used to love to stand on Sterling, and keep an eye on invasions while spamming corrupteds, once someone came to attack the city I could re gear go outside, fight along randoms, loot some people and go back to so my thing.

      If people belive faction flag Is just for gathering and doing safe pve, then they misses this game's whole point, or what it used to be..
    • Clasics wrote:

      how can it get annoying? Is part of the game, I used to love to stand on Sterling, and keep an eye on invasions while spamming corrupteds, once someone came to attack the city I could re gear go outside, fight along randoms, loot some people and go back to so my thing.

      If people belive faction flag Is just for gathering and doing safe pve, then they misses this game's whole point, or what it used to be..
      The point of factions was for towns to fight over outposts. When it was first introduced, people did them, but eventually the outposts were totally ignored and people just did the ZvZ stuff. Factions was never meant to be ZvZ on town borders. Point of the faction game is fighting over outposts and see who controls the most. Now with the new content, people actually care about this.
    • UNFM wrote:

      Ambush69 wrote:

      but I and many people did so that is the problem Im seeing.
      so only matter what you like and what u want ?nice ignorant ^^ I think public forum is bad place for you.
      As i told another guy before, if you would actually read instead of crying you would see that Im saying im fine with the update for all the people that enjoy it but im unhappy that the update kinda of contradicts the way the old faction fights happend. Im not saying they should delete the update, im saying they should include the possiblilty for the original faction fight community to continue with their content. From your comment i think you are the one ignorant as you seem to only read what you want so better make sure to be fully informed before throwing assumptions around :)
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      New faction content is much better. A bunch of shitters running from one town to another just to fight at the town border was crap content. No real point behind it, and annoying for anyone who was leaving town to gather or whatever, only to find a 100 vs 100 fight happening and lagging them up. Now there is purpose behind the content, and border fights are way more rare, which is a good thing.
      The entire purpose of playing an online game should be for entertainment, so there was a purpose behind the content before. Just cuz the game did not put alot on emphasis on this content doesnt mean it had no purpose. Also like the other guy said faction flagged is for fighting and you complaining that you couldnt gather faction flagged because there was a faction fight outside the city just doesnt make sense at all if you are looking at the way Albion Online works.