I spent more then 1000 hours on this game and i say the latest update has definitely destroyed the game, making it suitable for noobs and those who can't play video games. I understand that for the company + noobs means + premiums sold, but that's too much.
1) It 's not written anywhere, but the damage and piercing ability against armor has been reduced. Many of the game's historical maps have been erased and replaced with others full of escape and exit points to escape the gankers.
2) Playing as factioned has completely lost its meaning: I can go around factioned in blue and yellow areas without the risk of being looted. If you die in one of these areas you are knocked down and only lose 5% of the equipment's efficiency. Getting knocked down in one of these zones causes you to respawn in the nearest faction outpost, resulting in extreme camping zones above them. The only thing you can do after being killed 15 times in a row 40 vs 1 is to hope these T4 noobs get away so you can unflag. Do you realize that to get faction points it is enough to be flagged in a blue zone and stay afk? Are we joking? Where are the chills that assailed you knowing you could be killed as soon as you step out of a city gate? Don't understand the role of Carleon City at this point.
3) For Odin's beard, does it seem normal to you to queue to be able to log into the game?
4) I was hoping that with the new update, crafting would become more interesting, rewarding those who go around gathering resources and crafting. But no. It remains the most useless thing ever and still does not affect the power of weapons in combat
Tempting for the noobs, worse than the bubonic plague for those used to the old style. Unplayable
1. Using "The -insert anything here- was better back in the day" is a falacy, and it only shows low adaptability and understanding of development. Historical maps were removed because they were bad for the game desing in general. Most maps today have similar layouts to old maps so only the names were really scrapped. Damage and piercing (Mostly piercing) nerfs have been well documented in the patch notes and if you understand even a little bit about the game balance, you would understand how every piercing ability that has been nerfed (Armor Piercer from Cursed and Iron Breaker from Hammers) were over-represented and pretty much the BiS for their respective trees.
2. Yellow and Blue zones are learning zones, always has been and if you're looking for the thrill and chill of full loot death red zone and black zone has plenty oportunities for that. The rework to the combat dynamic and rules was to match the core gameplay across the game instead of having diferent sets of rules depending on too many weird factors. "Clarity" is the main motivator here, but also giving oportunity to players to engage on what the game has to offer without reliying on a steep learning curve who made a lot of people just quit. The content is good enough that even veterans can enjoy it and take a break from the usual content. Faction Warfare was redesigned as a way for players to have non-coordinated massive fights, and it achieved greatly its objective. Caerleon is there as a chaos element and if you do not understand what it does, you're just not creative enough.
3. If you do not have premium after 1000 hours of playing, yes, yes it is. The game is full of people willing to pay so if you're not, get into the line.
4. Crafting is boring but very profitable. Again, those used to the old style may as well learn the new because it's coming to stay. If you think crafting is useless but at the same time based on point 3 you have no premium, I'm starting to understand your issue here. Lately, "hoping" for unanounced changes is silly, since they stated crafting is on the roadmap for later this year or early next year.
Closing statements: Acting like an old angry chihuahua and dismissing everyone in your thread is what makes people not take it seriously enough to give you a proper answer. You claim to be a seasoned veteran but that is by no means showing in what you say. Advice for life: things WILL change, whetever you like it or not, and is up to you to change along or stay in the shadows of a past that will never come back.