LAST UPDATE SIGNED THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THIS GAME

• New

Xibeatz wrote:

I spent more then 1000 hours on this game and i say the latest update has definitely destroyed the game, making it suitable for noobs and those who can't play video games. I understand that for the company + noobs means + premiums sold, but that's too much.
      1) It 's not written anywhere, but the damage and piercing ability against armor has been reduced. Many of the game's historical maps have been erased and replaced with others full of escape and exit points to escape the gankers.
      2) Playing as factioned has completely lost its meaning: I can go around factioned in blue and yellow areas without the risk of being looted. If you die in one of these areas you are knocked down and only lose 5% of the equipment's efficiency. Getting knocked down in one of these zones causes you to respawn in the nearest faction outpost, resulting in extreme camping zones above them. The only thing you can do after being killed 15 times in a row 40 vs 1 is to hope these T4 noobs get away so you can unflag. Do you realize that to get faction points it is enough to be flagged in a blue zone and stay afk? Are we joking? ?( Where are the chills that assailed you knowing you could be killed as soon as you step out of a city gate? Don't understand the role of Carleon City at this point.
      3) For Odin's beard, does it seem normal to you to queue to be able to log into the game?
      4) I was hoping that with the new update, crafting would become more interesting, rewarding those who go around gathering resources and crafting. But no. It remains the most useless thing ever and still does not affect the power of weapons in combat
      Tempting for the noobs, worse than the bubonic plague for those used to the old style. Unplayable <X
      Since the clear answer wasn't enough will answer point for point.
      1. Using "The -insert anything here- was better back in the day" is a falacy, and it only shows low adaptability and understanding of development. Historical maps were removed because they were bad for the game desing in general. Most maps today have similar layouts to old maps so only the names were really scrapped. Damage and piercing (Mostly piercing) nerfs have been well documented in the patch notes and if you understand even a little bit about the game balance, you would understand how every piercing ability that has been nerfed (Armor Piercer from Cursed and Iron Breaker from Hammers) were over-represented and pretty much the BiS for their respective trees.

2. Yellow and Blue zones are learning zones, always has been and if you're looking for the thrill and chill of full loot death red zone and black zone has plenty oportunities for that. The rework to the combat dynamic and rules was to match the core gameplay across the game instead of having diferent sets of rules depending on too many weird factors. "Clarity" is the main motivator here, but also giving oportunity to players to engage on what the game has to offer without reliying on a steep learning curve who made a lot of people just quit. The content is good enough that even veterans can enjoy it and take a break from the usual content. Faction Warfare was redesigned as a way for players to have non-coordinated massive fights, and it achieved greatly its objective. Caerleon is there as a chaos element and if you do not understand what it does, you're just not creative enough.

3. If you do not have premium after 1000 hours of playing, yes, yes it is. The game is full of people willing to pay so if you're not, get into the line.

4. Crafting is boring but very profitable. Again, those used to the old style may as well learn the new because it's coming to stay. If you think crafting is useless but at the same time based on point 3 you have no premium, I'm starting to understand your issue here. Lately, "hoping" for unanounced changes is silly, since they stated crafting is on the roadmap for later this year or early next year.

Closing statements: Acting like an old angry chihuahua and dismissing everyone in your thread is what makes people not take it seriously enough to give you a proper answer. You claim to be a seasoned veteran but that is by no means showing in what you say. Advice for life: things WILL change, whetever you like it or not, and is up to you to change along or stay in the shadows of a past that will never come back.
    • New

Gabumon wrote:

Xibeatz wrote:

I spent more then 1000 hours on this game and i say the latest update has definitely destroyed the game, making it suitable for noobs and those who can't play video games. I understand that for the company + noobs means + premiums sold, but that's too much.
      1) It 's not written anywhere, but the damage and piercing ability against armor has been reduced. Many of the game's historical maps have been erased and replaced with others full of escape and exit points to escape the gankers.
      2) Playing as factioned has completely lost its meaning: I can go around factioned in blue and yellow areas without the risk of being looted. If you die in one of these areas you are knocked down and only lose 5% of the equipment's efficiency. Getting knocked down in one of these zones causes you to respawn in the nearest faction outpost, resulting in extreme camping zones above them. The only thing you can do after being killed 15 times in a row 40 vs 1 is to hope these T4 noobs get away so you can unflag. Do you realize that to get faction points it is enough to be flagged in a blue zone and stay afk? Are we joking? ?( Where are the chills that assailed you knowing you could be killed as soon as you step out of a city gate? Don't understand the role of Carleon City at this point.
      3) For Odin's beard, does it seem normal to you to queue to be able to log into the game?
      4) I was hoping that with the new update, crafting would become more interesting, rewarding those who go around gathering resources and crafting. But no. It remains the most useless thing ever and still does not affect the power of weapons in combat
      Tempting for the noobs, worse than the bubonic plague for those used to the old style. Unplayable <X
      Since the clear answer wasn't enough will answer point for point.1. Using "The -insert anything here- was better back in the day" is a falacy, and it only shows low adaptability and understanding of development. Historical maps were removed because they were bad for the game desing in general. Most maps today have similar layouts to old maps so only the names were really scrapped. Damage and piercing (Mostly piercing) nerfs have been well documented in the patch notes and if you understand even a little bit about the game balance, you would understand how every piercing ability that has been nerfed (Armor Piercer from Cursed and Iron Breaker from Hammers) were over-represented and pretty much the BiS for their respective trees.

2. Yellow and Blue zones are learning zones, always has been and if you're looking for the thrill and chill of full loot death red zone and black zone has plenty oportunities for that. The rework to the combat dynamic and rules was to match the core gameplay across the game instead of having diferent sets of rules depending on too many weird factors. "Clarity" is the main motivator here, but also giving oportunity to players to engage on what the game has to offer without reliying on a steep learning curve who made a lot of people just quit. The content is good enough that even veterans can enjoy it and take a break from the usual content. Faction Warfare was redesigned as a way for players to have non-coordinated massive fights, and it achieved greatly its objective. Caerleon is there as a chaos element and if you do not understand what it does, you're just not creative enough.

3. If you do not have premium after 1000 hours of playing, yes, yes it is. The game is full of people willing to pay so if you're not, get into the line.

4. Crafting is boring but very profitable. Again, those used to the old style may as well learn the new because it's coming to stay. If you think crafting is useless but at the same time based on point 3 you have no premium, I'm starting to understand your issue here. Lately, "hoping" for unanounced changes is silly, since they stated crafting is on the roadmap for later this year or early next year.

Closing statements: Acting like an old angry chihuahua and dismissing everyone in your thread is what makes people not take it seriously enough to give you a proper answer. You claim to be a seasoned veteran but that is by no means showing in what you say. Advice for life: things WILL change, whetever you like it or not, and is up to you to change along or stay in the shadows of a past that will never come back.
      I never said I was a veteran of this game. I don't even say that for other games that I have 5,000 hours of play on. The blue and yellow zones are learning zones of agreement, but this means that for those who are not learning you have removed half of the game's maps to play as a faction (you contradicted yourself). Since you made a research about this other player who answered you, why didn't you inquire about me? I have always been in guilds twinned with the Bacon and despite being called a "noob" many players have had to pay millions of fine coins after killing me. So I'd say I've been to pretty decent guilds. I've bought the Premium at least a dozen times because I liked the game a lot, and the fact that many others continue to buy it doesn't mean that I have to do the same (Another answer that make me think about you guys intellect.).The rewards of the Premium are ridiculous in proportion to how much money you give them. I maxed out many disciplines on my Destiny Board. I crafted Avalonian, Poisonous and Fiery Basilisks, played all night with my head and arms literally falling to the ground.
      I repeat: combat and crafting are two separate WORLDS and do not interact with each other. To earn 1 million with armor, you need to max a crafting skill to at least tier 7, which takes roughly a year and a half to play. The resources you need to acquire it can be found in areas where you need 5 players who act as caregivers otherwise you don't get out alive. And I repeat again, being a master at armor crafting DOES NOT MAKE YOU STRONGER with that armor or even that category of armor. A ridiculous thing, as even a 5-year-old retarded child would understand that if for example a blacksmith has forged
      a certain amount of iron armor, he should know their weak points and know how to use them better; instead he has the same ability to use them as a player who goes to the market and buys it.
      Unlike the other player I can say that I have "experienced" Albion adequately; and after all this I tell you: I have completely lost interest in playing this game.
    • New

Piraterer wrote:

Well he says these changes are good for new players, but he is still a new player himself.

His first point is just bullshit.

Point 2 is complete bullshit too. Factions means a lot now. More than before.
      Yellow/Bluezone Content is fun for most new players and RedZone Content is huge.
      So many outnumbered fights during Bandit Events and we can win most of them. Incredible Game Design.
      Everyone matters = new faction content.

Point 3: No that shouldnt be normal. But i never had Problems login in with Premium. Seems like a new player Problem. Feels sad you cant afford it with ingame money.

Point 4: bullshit again. IP matters a lot and good crafters earn a lot. With the new legendary items (already announced) and trade Missions (already announced too) crafting will be one of the best things someone can do in Albion.

Thats just the normal ALBION IS BAD FIX IT I CAN ONLY WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I WANT ATTENTION POST.

Just go look for good guilds Xibeatz in Arch playing since November? And Timur obviously not touching any endgame content like AvaDiving.
      Factions mean a lot now? Wtf are you even talking about? Whats good about them? Those stupid bars to endlessly farm like an asshole? Which only rewards crap, or how about no one leaves blue or yellow zones, you only find gank groups or outpost rats in red zones, everyone is so fucking scared of risking their gear they won't even try to contest a red map even during the stupid event.

I loved the time when I just went outside a big city and found a huge zerg invading, defending, looting ppl, having fun, risking gear, or when I encountered big groups going outside the city and following them randomly into battle, knowing every map is dangerous and I can loose my shit on every corner.

If what albion players wanted, was risk free endless meaningless wars they should be playing elder scrolls online, guild wars 2, some wow old private server, even warhammer reckoning is better than this shit.

The only unique aspect this game got they screwd it completely.

I, same as the OP have almost a year playing this game, and I can already see and feel how they are caretaking noobs, protecting them all the time, nerfing the full loot, risky style gameplay over and over again, trading something unique into another wow clone, but guess what, this little 2.5d crappy graphics game will never compete against AAA games, and the sort of players they are catering to, are players who leave the boat as soon as a newer one appears, they might win some money this year, but as soon as another mmorpg releases all this casuals will leave, the game will remain completely flawed, clony, so everyone loses on the long term.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Clasics ().

• New

Every update a lot of yelling crybabies starting rant "Albion is dying". I mean there was not any update without this type of players.

If you think that update is bad - just leave the game. If there will be a lot of other players who thinks the same, developers will put closer eyes to made changes and maybe rework or repair something. But if player base growth and all metrics going up, no one care about your rant, seriously.