Every sword is just worse version of another weapon.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Every sword is just worse version of another weapon.

Broadsword = worse Dagger Pair
      Claymore = worse Daybreaker
      Dual swords = worse Bear Pows
      Clarent blade = worse Halberd
      Carving Sword = worse Great Cursed Staff(Armor Pierce has shorter cooldown, almost the same pierce value, No Charges Required)
      Galatine pair = worse Bridled Fury
      Kingmaker = worse Realmbreaker
    • first off swords are suppose to be a weapon with emphasis on move speed and attack speed weaving autos in between skills
      broadsword is not a dagger pair is not a one shot weapon it is a dueling weapon on par with fire and curse
      claymore is played as a one shot build that goes through reflect
      dual swords is a worst bear paws
      clarent blade is non existent
      carving has higher armour shread (%50 more) and longer armour shred and also have mobility that curse does not have
      galatine pair is a worst realm breaker but has more aoe than a realm breaker (circle vs cone)
      king maker is damage on par with bridled fury

So half of the swords has their better counter parts in other lines but there is still 2 swords like broadsword and carving which is unique and is actually viable
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • The_Support_God wrote:

carving has higher armour shread (%50 more) and longer armour shred and also have mobility that curse does not have
      First of all great cursed does't need mobility because it is a range weapon.
      Broadsword(Fearless Strike)(E spell):
      Resistance Reduction = 73(WITH 3 CHARGES)(E spell)
      Duration = 6s
      Cooldown = 20s

Great Cursed Staff(Armor pierce):
      Resistance Reduction = 57(NO CHARGES REQUIRED)(W spell)
      Duration = 5s
      Cooldown = 15s

That is why Carving is not used in crystals because it is just worse than Great Curse Staff

The post was edited 5 times, last by Timur02 ().

• Tomperon wrote:

i dont know why people even list armor shred from carving as a good debuff. Seriously...pretty useless, since you debuff with your E and have no damage to follow up, crap w spells and you lose ALL your charges. If you dont believe me, Just try yourself How much extra damage you get from It.
      Carving is great for small scale content, its not a solo weapon - duh.

Regarding your comment about gallatine vs realmbreaker - it´s wrong. Realmbreaker jumping is Bad - it takes long time to land and it can be interrupted , so you should wear knight helmet in zvz for it. It´s so slow you aren´t gonna reliably hit people with it in like 1 v 1 etc,not to mention E is bugged again i think, thus it just hits somewhere else and wastes your E.
      Gallatines were meta for a long time, then they got nerfed and rip , yep.

Bridled fury is very strong. Huge damage, aoe, rather safe, Iframe i think.

Broadsword is interesting for CD and i assume hellgates.
      Claymore is as always pretty alright in CD, even if you dont prestack.
      Carving is fine for small scale group content.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Equart wrote:

My two cents.

There are only 3 swords that need some attention.
      1.Clarent - Full E Rework
      2.Dualswords - Rework some mechanics during the jump
      3.KingMaker - Full rework of E spell. (it looks cool , but useless and unreliable)
      I agree with you but in general swords the E cooldown is BIG compared with other meele weps
      W Iron will buff need to be 5 secs buff instead of 3 secs
      W Parry Strike cooldown need to be reduced to 14 secs instead of 18 secs

For all swords and for put them in the game again:
      The first Q need to be: reduce resisteances for 3% max 4 stacks
      Second Q need to be: reduce resisteances for 2% max 4 stacks

The Swords need some attention

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrDaS ().

• MrDaS wrote:

Equart wrote:

My two cents.

There are only 3 swords that need some attention.
      1.Clarent - Full E Rework
      2.Dualswords - Rework some mechanics during the jump
      3.KingMaker - Full rework of E spell. (it looks cool , but useless and unreliable)
      I agree with you but in general swords the E cooldown is BIG compared with other meele wepsW Iron will buff need to be 5 secs buff instead of 3 secs
      W Parry Strike cooldown need to be reduced to 14 secs instead of 18 secs

For all swords and for put them in the game again:
      The first Q need to be: reduce resisteances for 3% max 4 stacks
      Second Q need to be: reduce resisteances for 2% max 4 stacks

The Swords need some attention
      Iron will got actually nerfed some time ago - it was far too strong. 5 Seconds would be huge overkill.

Either way, axes will need more attention. After these nerfs, they will be in worse position than swords omegalol
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Unangwata wrote:

While every other sword I agree is under performing, I don't get why you complain about Broadsword. It's excellent weapon. I won't say why because I don't want any changes, and also don't want to give you free tips, but won't just look at you complaining about it.
      Broadsword is riddled with too many bugs and does such little damage that the e spell being ok is not even remotely enough to say its fine. Especially when it suffers from all of the other sword issues.(Bugs btw that hinder and help u)

When was the last time you seen a broad sword pop up in the 5v5 scene? or 2v2? or any relevant content for that matter? you don't , because you can just play a dagger.

Broadsword is in my opinion the best sword, But the similarities between it and claymore make it subpar. And even more so when you compare it to daggers / axes.

You will never see a broadsword carry a fight or even influence one without stalker hood. Or you play in cloth. It simply takes too long to reach 3 stacks reliably in a fight, for having such poor auto damage and low q spell damage.

There are simply better options that dwarfs broadswords role in this game, so much so that most crystal teams refuse to run it. And this isn't just about raw damage, but basic gameplay. For example look at the auto attack animation on broadsword compared to bloodletter. It is abysmally bad, too the point where u cant even take advantage of any extra attack speed.

Or lets look at one handed mace, a one handed mace can nuke an entire enemy team in mere seconds, with any setup a sword could use. Its so jarring the difference between one handed mace and broadsword, you have to think retroman is trolling.
    • moking wrote:

Its so jarring the difference between one handed mace and broadsword, you have to think retroman is trolling.
      Tell me about it. To compare base T5.0 - 900 IP broadsword vs 1h mace in terms of just damage

Q - (Threatening Smash) (Heroic Cleave)
      Mace - 394 dmg, 3m radius, 6s CD | Sword - 175 dmg, 3m radius, 3s CD

W - (Ground Shaker) (Splitting Slash / Parry Strike)
      Mace - 502 dmg, 4m radius, 10s CD | Sword - 390 dmg, 13m line, 15s CD / 231 dmg, 5m radius, 18s CD

E -
      Mace - 509 dmg, 5m radius, 25s CD | Sword - 828 dmg, 10m range(single target), 10s CD

Without even getting into the fact that you need to build stacks in order to get max dmg from Broadsword's E, you can see that the Mace definitely can put alot more burst damage down on a group in a PvP situation. The Mace's abilities are all PBAoE and Targeted AoE, whereas the Broadsword's highest dmg AoE is a thin straight line, and is far more difficult to land on multiple targets, the easier PBAoE(Parry Strike) does less than half the dmg of a comparable 1h Mace's Ground Shaker.

Yes you can get into all the secondary effects on Broadsword abilities, like the i-frames/resistance increases/mobility etc, but at the end of the day, in a group fight, you gotta be able to drop the enemy team's HP bar with raw dmg, and the 1h Mace is far better at that than the Broadsword.
    • swords have slightly less damage / less aoe then their other melee counter parts because it needs to be balanced by their autos too

you simply cannot compare swords and mace cause their purpose is diffrent as maces is balanced around their CC

the best is to compare sword with daggers because both are mobility based damage builds.
      and play almost the same except daggers has dash and swords are more i will stick n to you with my sword stacks move speed
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • The_Support_God wrote:

you simply cannot compare swords and mace cause their purpose is diffrent as maces is balanced around their CC
      One handed mace and broadsword are both bruiser weapons, as such they are pefectly comparable.

The_Support_God wrote:

swords have slightly less damage / less aoe then their other melee counter parts because it needs to be balanced by their autos too
      Sword damage is more than slightly less. Its pitiful when compared to other bruiser choices. And no swords are not balanced around their auto attacks. Nor should it ever be. Otherwise we end up back in the current situation where the wep does nothing right and everything worse than other wep lines.

I would also like to remind you that clarent blade and bloodletter are both rune artifacts items. They exist in the same game, and somehow bloodletter does everything a clarent does and can auto you down. Again its jarring. The current balancing in this game is absurd.
    • Happytr33z wrote:

moking wrote:

Its so jarring the difference between one handed mace and broadsword, you have to think retroman is trolling.
      Tell me about it. To compare base T5.0 - 900 IP broadsword vs 1h mace in terms of just damage

E -
      Mace - 509 dmg, 5m radius, 25s CD | Sword - 828 dmg, 10m range(single target), 10s CD
      Yeah your info is good, but your brain seems to not work as you underestimate E in your example. Show me other weapon that has 10 sec cd and hits that hard. Look at the stats you brought mace 509 damage 25 sec which means before you get your 2nd hit, Broadsword will hit you 3 times for 828 dmg which is almost 2.5k compared to your lousy 509.
      To land first E you need like 4 sec with passive.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Broadsword will hit you 3 times for 828 dmg which is almost 2.5k compared to your lousy 509.
      That's literally not how it plays out in game. Mace will nuke a broadswords target before the broadsword could even reach 3 stacks.

You have to calculate the time it takes to reach 3 stacks, player movement etc... and observe how quickly a 1 mace can nuke a target holding them in place btw. With zero stack required on a low cooldown combo that appreciates the longer your target is stunned for.

Not to mention the fact that you combo nuke not just 1 target, but multiple targets. In such a small time frame your cooldowns/ your rotation will be back up again before a broadsword even uses 1 e spell.
    • moking wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Broadsword will hit you 3 times for 828 dmg which is almost 2.5k compared to your lousy 509.
      That's literally not how it plays out in game. Mace will nuke a broadswords target before the broadsword could even reach 3 stacks.
      You have to calculate the time it takes to reach 3 stacks, player movement etc... and observe how quickly a 1 mace can nuke a target holding them in place btw. With zero stack required on a low cooldown combo that appreciates the longer your target is stunned for.

Not to mention the fact that you combo nuke not just 1 target, but multiple targets. In such a small time frame your cooldowns/ your rotation will be back up again before a broadsword even uses 1 e spell.
      Maybe that's not how it plays in your game. Every weapon is different style, you want Broadsword to kite while it's not kite weapon. Just because you want to kite doesn't make the weapon bad and doesn't require game to change. If you use Broadsword you need to be able withstand initial burst and stay in face of the target so he can't shake you off, so you can benefit from weapons advantages. It already has features that help you with that like increased movement speed. In pve it's great for bosses. Just because you can't use it for your own purposes doesn't make it bad.
      Mace has initial burst but then you are high and dry.
      We can only thank we have wide range of weapons and styles instead of everything playing the same.