Mount Prices and rarities

• Economy
    • Mount Prices and rarities

I was going to make a long post going into why, but I figured the point can be made very briefly.
      1. Most rare mounts are not worth breeding. Everyone who does so is either losing money on them or wasting focus that is better spent on literally anything else. In some cases they use focus and still lose money.
      2. The reason they are not worth breeding is because using focus only gives you a chance at refunding the baby animal, which in many cases makes up too small a portion of the cost of the final product.
      3. For faction mounts and elite faction mounts, the best solution IMO is to buff the mounts, remove the faction hearts from the crafting recipe and instead multiply the faction point cost of the baby animal itself by 5 or more. Yes, I mean giving elite faction baby animals a 100k faction point cost OR MORE.
      4. Because swiftclaws are so abundant and take so little meat to raise, horses and many other mounts are severely underutilized. There are two possible solutions to this. The most obvious one and the one I recommend is to drastically reduce the drop rate of swiftclaw cubs. Reduce it to maybe 1/5th of what it is now. An alternative solution is to increase their tier and the tier of direwolf mounts by one each to increase the amount of meat it takes to raise them from 81 for swiftclaws and 236 for direwolves to 236 for swiftclaws and 680 for direwolves

Addendum
      "But if we increase the tier of the mount, then the tier of the mount is higher than the tier of the mob that drops it."
      That wasn't an issue with swamp dragons, so it shouldnt be an issue with swiftclaws.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khaluum ().

• people use swiftclaw because it is faster than horses by an ok margin.

people who breed rare mounts do it while including the % of getting a baby in their math. no point in doing 50 of them. you might get fucked by the lack of luck. However, when you do 1-2k of them, the % will apply properly hence you can predict actual revenue on top of getting the rarity from mounting them which added more profits.

So aka your post sound to me that you do not know how to make an appropriate spreadsheet to know if you should or shouldn't craft/raise xyz mounts.

Faction mounts depend. I think they are decently priced for what they offer (5-10m range)
      It is too early to know for sure what is their true worth and how useful they are atm.
      But faction point cost per baby might be low since by the time you unlock it, if you don't spend a single faction point, a lot of people will avg about at least 2.8m points (which means rais 25-28 while having enough points for the hearts too or almost 60 babies then)
    • Khaluum wrote:

"4. Because swiftclaws are so abundant and take so little meat to raise, horses and many other mounts are severely underutilized. There are two possible solutions to this. The most obvious one and the one I recommend is to drastically reduce the drop rate of swiftclaw cubs. Reduce it to maybe 1/5th of what it is now. An alternative solution is to increase their tier and the tier of direwolf mounts by one each to increase the amount of meat it takes to raise them from 81 for swiftclaws and 236 for direwolves to 236 for swiftclaws and 680 for direwolves"
      I agree with this. Horses are completely getting crapped on. Horses either need a buff or this nerf to swiftclaws will make horses more of an option again.