the current state of corrupt dungeons

• Playing cursed is actually a natural counter to them. You need to know how to switch potions and even switch food otherwise you'll eventually die to them. I lost against 2 earlier today but it was because I went kinda brain dead and forgot to switch to my demon boots vengeful sprint ability for the 2nd guy. They were both 1 auto attack away lol but as long as you play it right cursed will always 100% of the time win against a qstaff (unless ofc the ip difference is so high as can happen in slayer that you may just be doomed).

You could try running soldier boots as well. Use run first then switch to wanderlust during the run cool down - this makes it so wanderlust is now on the same 30 second cd and it can help you chase. Poison potions are almost needed as well, it depends. If you're going to go cursed leave your skills on q1/q2 and chain. Doesn't really matter which staff you wanna use. Something like pike might also be able to rush a qstaff (look up 1shot pike builld) and just end it there.

On another note I've found a cancer grailseeker player who thinks he's good at this game. Sbi fix ur mode already so these people can get rid of their ego

Only later I found out he's a grailseeker main. Ofc he is haha. These are the kind of players that main cancer like qstaff, grailseeker, tombhammer back in the day, etc. 300 ip diff and he shit talks when I could've killed him if he didn't bring a friend in out world.

sbi ur making these ppl think they have a shred of a brain cell. Fix ur shit already add expanding lava that'll close the map slowly so we can all be free of chasing this shit already in our "1 v 1" mode.
      Believe in the cloth
    • And you know what? I feel bad for the actual qstaff players that would gank in out world in those small organized 3 man parties. I even considered lvling up qstaff myself a couple times because I always liked that weapon for that very reason. To be a support ganker while your main dps guys in the group finish off the kill - kinda like some paladin class in an mmo.

So instead of really looking at why this game mode is the way it is they just out right nerf qstaff. Alright man. I don't even have 1 level in the weapon myself but I still feel bad for the players that had nothing to do with this CD mess to get the devs to nerf the weapon itself.

Like I don't have words you know?

Next weapon that'll do this reset meta will prob be mace. Or whatever else it doesn't matter.

SBI devs whoever you are...u do understand the problem lies with ur actual game mode right?

...Right?
      Believe in the cloth

• Mace is definitely starting to replace qstaff use in stalkers. While at first sure they seem fun to play but all they really end up doing is jumping on you and running away. Then jumping on you and running away.

Then jumping on you and running away.

rats, rats everywhere!

Just make sure to go tenacity on your armor for anti cc against them and pray you can chase

another rat. I don't wanna shit talk this guy because it seems like he doesn't really play cds that often, but why bring double bladed? It was like fighting a worse qstaff lol
      Believe in the cloth

The post was edited 4 times, last by rottencheese ().

• rottencheese wrote:

Mace is definitely starting to replace qstaff use in stalkers. While at first sure they seem fun to play but all they really end up doing is jumping on you and running away. Then jumping on you and running away.

Then jumping on you and running away.

rats, rats everywhere!

Just make sure to go tenacity on your armor for anti cc against them and pray you can chase

another rat. I don't wanna shit talk this guy because it seems like he doesn't really play cds that often, but why bring double bladed? It was like fighting a worse qstaff lol
      Facing a mace player isnt much more fun than facing a quarterstaff since their Q does a ton of damage by itself. Almost lost a fight to one where he missed every E and W, which i find stupid.
    • I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that Throwing Axes should be reintroduced to the game. I wouldn't mind if they even added throwing maces/hammers/daggers back as well, just so long as I get my axes back. I rate this thread a solid 5 out of 7.

EDIT1: I'd also like to add that I am very dissatisfied that I'm unable to use my T4.0 in Slayer difficulty corrupteds.
    • So you launch up Albion Online. You've worked hard in your pve dungeons to farm up your bloodletter, bow, bolt, maybe even a claymore. You've finally reached a peak point - you got one of them to level 100 spec! Congratulations customer! Hey you know those orange portals you'd stay away from usually? Well what if I could tell u that you could even use those weapons for 1v1 pvp! That's right no more 5 people zergs chasing you around Runnel Sink for you! Only the BEST for our loyal player!

Yeah nvm you fucking retard lmaO why diD u invade??? are you retarded?? ya sorry we forgot to tell you we're god damn incompetent and made a 1v1 game mode where if you invade and get downed by mobs

You not only can't pickup the loot before being sent back to your own dungeon but we'll even force you to stare at the loot bag right next to your body. Oh right yeah we know in our code that the other guy died first, you even were the one to kill him. I mean we gave you pvp klll fame, we gave you the infamy, even his kill is recorded on your profile.

.................Wait you're asking why the down timer is 3 minutes long even though clearly you won the fight? You're also asking wha what was that-why can't we just transfer the items over from the killed player over to the killers inventory, I mean you know, so people don't literally quit our game over this kinda crap? Simple answer is we're a disfunctional company that tries to focus on 10 different things at the same time while not being able to fix the first problem then only to putout more updates and ofc more updates.

Your hellgates don't even have t7 maps for the 1300ip+ players. The hell is wrong with you SBI? How are cds JUST as bad as they were when they were released?

And I called it! Mace became one of the new rat weapons.
      LOL watch them nerf mace now oh my god.
      • 1h mace - cultist cowl - whatever bullshit armor you wanna pick

• heroin spear

• bearpaws (still)

• badon (still)
      RIP ratta weapons:
      Quarterstaff (still kinda usable tbh)
      Tombhammer
      Greataxe (well a rat weapon that you probably wont kill anyone with but you know what? fuck it it doesn't matter, nothing matters in this game)

I'm calling it now in case I do end up quitting AO that if mace gets a nerf lets try to get halberd put up on that list..? Ah you guys will figure out something I'm sure because sbi doesn't care that's set in stone!

oh! how about dual swords!

YEAH DUDE LOL ITS GONNA BE DUAL SWORDS NEXT
      Believe in the cloth

The post was edited 6 times, last by rottencheese ().

• Can we get lava that starts accumulating at the 10 min mark as soon as someone invades or you invade? Can you PLEASE freeze the mobs after the guy I clearly won a fight against ran away and died to them? Or at least give me credit for the kill?

And most importantly-

CAN YOU STOP NERFING THE WEAPONS THAT TURN INTO THE NEW RAT WEAPONS

FIX YOUR GAMEMODE

PUT A STOP TO ANY PROJECTS!

I do not want to keep chasing idiots for 30 minutes in this if I'll be frank a subpar 1v1 game mode for a subpar competitive rpg/moba controlled like game.

The only reason your game hasn't died yet is because no other games like this exist.

And many

many

many.

others feel exactly the same as my entire thread here. Or don't fix it and keep having the new players shill for you, whatever guys. I'm sure there's many future devs young or old out there that still hold the tryhard principles of albion online in their hearts (as im sure the remaining actual game devs on this game are. at least some of them, probably stuck under management? Maybe they can be the lead for this new possible game hmm..). Soon enough these people will come together and make a new game just as free and fun as it was 2-3 years ago. Something like cd or hellgates won't take an entire year to get fixed-it'll be run by the types of players who already know what they're doing and they're only ever learning what not to do from this game.
      Believe in the cloth

The post was edited 1 time, last by rottencheese ().

• MrRainbo wrote:

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that Throwing Axes should be reintroduced to the game. I wouldn't mind if they even added throwing maces/hammers/daggers back as well, just so long as I get my axes back. I rate this thread a solid 5 out of 7.

EDIT1: I'd also like to add that I am very dissatisfied that I'm unable to use my T4.0 in Slayer difficulty corrupteds.
      People here might think he's joking but MrRainbo is one of the very few people in albion online that really can kill t6-t8 players by only going flat 4 btw shout out to that guy

I rate my patience with this game about a 2 out of

Believe in the cloth

• GavHD wrote:

Facing a mace player isnt much more fun than facing a quarterstaff since their Q does a ton of damage by itself. Almost lost a fight to one where he missed every E and W, which i find stupid
      Hey you called it as well! No wonder more and more spears are coming out just no brain rushing it's because they want to fucking stop this shit.

30+ min to chase one guy

omg i could kill 40 people in a dota 2/league match in that amount of time what the fuck is this game

Oh sorry nvm it's only around 15 kills in those 30 minutes. Sorry my bad!
      Believe in the cloth

• I didn't want to update this thread because the devs are finally trying to fix the reset meta that's been in cds since its creation but I just can't resist anymore

Pay attention to his stats & most importantly his profile description - a max infamy of 6mil

Devs you've made a 1v1 mode where slow moving bricks of players think they're actually good at this game. I have a total of 130mil total fame and I can easily beat these players with a complete off meta build. Good going devs!

another one, he had 1mil infamy or something

and can people please stop using plate armor in stalker cds? It turns into an endless reset and is awful to use in stalkers. You use plate in slayers with 8.0-8.3 gear because then it becomes useful to have such high armor with such high cc resi and all of it, stop turning stalker cds into 30 min games of nothing

there's another kill I couldn't list where it was against an armor of valor bloodletter - he ran into a trap and died when I chased him, one of the easiest fights you can ever have as a cursed. Oh yeah but game doesn't give you the kill on your stats if someone dies to mobs/traps :)
      Believe in the cloth
    • actually never mind about not going plate, apparently it's just as good as going cloth on certain builds. A 1v1 game mode where guardian armor can reliably out class a dagger going assassin jacket and taproot. A 1v1 game mode where you can do 100-150 dmg per cursed skull E DoT and overall the same damage as going leather/cloth but being able to out tank. A 1v1 game mode where a bow going soldier armor may beat your dps build. Chillhowl plus soldier armor is also a thing. A 1v1 game mode where you too may be forced to go plate armor even if you're not the type of player who wants to play albion like this. And yes this is for slayer, not just for stalkers.

Current state of corrupt dungeons is not very fun to say the least..
      Believe in the cloth

• rottencheese wrote:

basically nothing has changed in a year+ at this point. They're still bad.
      no, because it is the same people doing it..

If u did not like it a year ago, and it is the same guy doing the meal, you either have changed u taste or u won't still like it..

But i agree with you that there is some basic lack of understanding or we don't have the same goal in balancing..

Take royal boots, completely over buffed, best top speed, immune slow, defense..and on top cooldown..and we are all surprised that they was meta, and are still meta??

Seriously..the fastest boots will always be the most wanted..in that cooldown range..