Get Rid of Expeditions

• Get Rid of Expeditions

They're a bad idea, they destroy player interaction in the world, they make the game become WoW-like with raid/dungeon finder and all that garbage. Stop ruining this game. Literally nobody does dungeons out in the world anymore, which means you never run into other groups and have to compete for mobs or have to fight for the dungeon etc.

STOP PUTTING OBVIOUS GARBAGE IN YOUR GAME YOU MORONS

What is the point of having dungeons out in the gameworld, hell what's the point of having a gameworld at all when you guys literally have 9 different kinds of dumbass instanced content for people to just isolate themselves in. Why not turn the game into a lobby where you can pick your instance, you can get teleported there with 4 strangers, and you can do the fun little pre-packaged adventure in about 15 mins without saying a word to anybody, then you can pop back out to the lobby! Why even have a game world if everything you add is just another portal to leave the gameworld and go into an instance?!

You guys ruined a great game. RIP Albion pre- new world, where you actually interacted with people in the open world.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Happytr33z ().

• Albion BZ is not in a good place, but I think it's weird to try to pin that on HCEers. Those tend to be the risk adverse sort that rarely leave the YZ to begin with.

Instanced Online I think can be good for the game as long as the instancing is done right, n+1 behavior ruins a lot of open world content.
    • decand wrote:

Albion BZ is not in a good place, but I think it's weird to try to pin that on HCEers. Those tend to be the risk adverse sort that rarely leave the YZ to begin with.

Instanced Online I think can be good for the game as long as the instancing is done right, n+1 behavior ruins a lot of open world content.
      they caused the n+1 guarantee when they nerfed to 40% aoe escalation preventing amazing outplay from actually fully wiping people with a really few against many. They remove any room for mistake for the small group but allow the bigger one to make too many without being fully penalized by deaths. Putting back aoe escalation to 70% would greatly solve this.

And fo the N+1 regarding terri control, alliance cap a 300 players. People voted on this over 18months ago with a vast majority for it except for the round table rmt guild leaders.(suspected by a huge part of the community to be at least).

Make the BZ competitive again with tiny alliances.
      Them current naps with 80% of bz together is dumb and will fully be impossible to maintain.

HCE ain t the issue, but rewards in bz could be upped a little bit to give it more life too and currently is too safe with so many HO and with the rests.
    • I think the solution isn't AoE escalation but more diminishing returns on CC / more dynamic focus fire protection so smaller parties can keep playing.

AoE escalation made it that so AoE weapons were more likely to oneshot people than single target specialized builds, which I feel is like double rewarding AoE for hitting more AND hitting harder.
      Helped smaller zergs / players survive, but I think there's a better way to handle those interactions than just giving people the ability to solo 100-0 clumps.
    • HCE does not seems a HARDcore Expedition, It is like EASYcore Expedition.

I think they should think a better balance between risk and gain. It has low risk and huge gain.
      Since it is 100% safe, it should give fame and silver more than a Yellow Zone Group Dungeon and less than a Red Zone Group Dungeon.

-Ideas for rise the risk:
      Maybe if you die you would lose all your itens.
      Or at least rise the repair cost for 8.3 and 7.3.

-Ideas for reduce the gain:
      Nerf silver for lvls 14 to 18.
      Nerf fame for lvls 14 to 18.

Others mechanics:
      Use skip set it is a kind of cheat, maybe if you can't change your set after enter the HCE. I think all(at least 90%) mobs must be killed.
      Some mobs/boss have glitchs that the players abuse it, it should be fixed.
    • Yiotoo wrote:

HCE does not seems a HARDcore Expedition, It is like EASYcore Expedition.

I think they should think a better balance between risk and gain. It has low risk and huge gain.
      Since it is 100% safe, it should give fame and silver more than a Yellow Zone Group Dungeon and less than a Red Zone Group Dungeon.

-Ideas for rise the risk:
      Maybe if you die you would lose all your itens.
      Or at least rise the repair cost for 8.3 and 7.3.

-Ideas for reduce the gain:
      Nerf silver for lvls 14 to 18.
      Nerf fame for lvls 14 to 18.

Others mechanics:
      Use skip set it is a kind of cheat, maybe if you can't change your set after enter the HCE. I think all(at least 90%) mobs must be killed.
      Some mobs/boss have glitchs that the players abuse it, it should be fixed.
      I mean the issue currently comes from the current meta which caters to bad players (royal jacket on healers so they double beam because they are just bad a using their spell properly) and this is needed since most players that play tanks are genuinely horrible hence why the healer needs the healers with double beam on top of 2x light xbows to spam caltrops to slow the mobs because the avg tank player does not understand the concept of walking away from mobs.

Genuinely making caltrops heavily impact CC diminishing returns would be enough to kill the current meta and prevent truly bad players from reaching lvl 12+ in hce's.

Regarding the healing, just make it that healing is straight-up debuff when not in cloth or make that if Holy beam is used twice on the same target in less than 10-12 seconds, the amount healed is cut by half.

There you go, just fixed the current issue for HCE since the issue is the current viable meta is made to cater to make bad players be able to complete the "HARDcore" part.

The repair cost of 8.3 is fine tbh, the issue is that the survivability of bad players is too high due to the current meta. AKA nerf the current meta so bad players can't do it.

Same reasons single pull of mobs was almost fully removed properly of AVA dungeons, so bad players can't do them and require a minimum of skill to complete.

And again, if the accessibility is reduced for unskilled players, the amount of silver awarded from high tier shouldn't be changed. Skilled players get the bread and unskilled one get the repairs.

Issue with upping 8.3 repair cost is penalizing every player that uses those in zvz, 5's, 20's, 2's and as dumb as it will sound, in faction warfare in the safe zones.
      A 8.3 set is around 150-250k of repair before swaps and in HCE , you need some swaps so usually it is almost 200-300k repair per player. So making 1mil a map in a high tier isn't much of an issue since each time you down, you do risk 200k+ in repairs and usually you rarely just go down once, it's often none or multiple times.
    • The issue isn't whether that it's too easy or too hard or gives too much or too little of whatever resources, the issue is that it is the primary thing you see people LFG for and it is removing every one of those players from the open world. Before expeditions, you had to ride out to a static dungeon, then once you went into the static dungeon which was still not an instance, you had to clear your way to a Portal Boss. You had to fight off gankers, should there be any, and beat the other groups to get to the portal boss first. Once you killed the portal boss, assuming your group did 51% of the damage, his corpse would spawn a portal to an instanced dungeon where you and your group could farm in peace.

This system was genius, it made it so you had opportunities for positive and negative player interaction, and competition all along the way, and you also got the chance at some instanced fame farming.

The problem with all these portals and instances is that it removes players from the open world and removes opportunities for player interaction. These kind of systems are what made games like WoW start to suck. People always like them, because they are convenient, but they are boring and repetitive, and gradually people just become less and less excited to play, alot of times not even really knowing why.

Albion has been my favorite MMORPG, and the only MMO I've played for more than a month or two, since the early days of WoW and Project1999 EQ. I hate to see it going this route.
    • Happytr33z wrote:

The issue isn't whether that it's too easy or too hard or gives too much or too little of whatever resources, the issue is that it is the primary thing you see people LFG for and it is removing every one of those players from the open world. Before expeditions, you had to ride out to a static dungeon, then once you went into the static dungeon which was still not an instance, you had to clear your way to a Portal Boss. You had to fight off gankers, should there be any, and beat the other groups to get to the portal boss first. Once you killed the portal boss, assuming your group did 51% of the damage, his corpse would spawn a portal to an instanced dungeon where you and your group could farm in peace.

This system was genius, it made it so you had opportunities for positive and negative player interaction, and competition all along the way, and you also got the chance at some instanced fame farming.

The problem with all these portals and instances is that it removes players from the open world and removes opportunities for player interaction. These kind of systems are what made games like WoW start to suck. People always like them, because they are convenient, but they are boring and repetitive, and gradually people just become less and less excited to play, alot of times not even really knowing why.

Albion has been my favorite MMORPG, and the only MMO I've played for more than a month or two, since the early days of WoW and Project1999 EQ. I hate to see it going this route.
      can't cater to lots of mobile player and not hardcore player which are needed for the game survival sadly.

And you need to remove some people from the open world since there will be soon too many players in open world if the map is not expanded again. remember, map limits to 450 players at most on each map. so this means, with the mobile launch coming, you can expects 10's of thousands, maybe even a hundred+ of new players. How do you think tutorial island and the roayls and the first 2-3 BZ maps around portals will fare?

That's the big issue that they somehow have to face and prepare for if they don't want to just kill their game by accident.

So instanced fame farming and pvp isn't the issue, the issue is just that they have bigger incentive than their counter part in open world.
    • Don't forget that there are people out there who actually fund their pvp activities and/or place the fame they made into their pvp gear which is otherwise hard to level up. Just read some guild descriptions. So those types of content are not as opposed to each other as they may seem.
      I remember being in a map with someone I just saw in a zvz video that day.

If you do the HCEs for fame (and probably pay a guild tax in addition to that), you don't really make silver. It has already been adjusted in that direction. And the risk of being downed isn't exactly low, so you always have to consider possible repair costs. If you don't have repair costs you and the rest of your group played well enough to deserve what you got (and you don't need to be the one to mess up to pay the price).
      Speaking of groups, it is a type of content you can still find a group for even if you are online in the middle of the night when none of your friends or guild mates are online - without having to discuss anything or having serious trust issues, while still not being as undemanding as solo dungeons.
      It is not likely that people looking for that kind of content in a situation like this would aimlessly run around in the open world instead.

Also, there isn't really other content that does demand as many 8.3 masterpieces, or 8.3 items at that. Tthe economy around it is also a factor to consider. It is a long term goal to be reached as well, and a reason to reach full mastery on a branch of your destiny board.
    • Before HCEs people didn't wander aimlessly, they gathered at Dungeons and formed groups there if they didn't have any buddys online. This is how I met pretty much all my friends, who I still talk to today, 4-5 years later. Since coming back to the game, with the addition of expeditions and having solo dungeons be so viable etc, I haven't formed any friendships or rivalries with anybody. Thats what told me something was very wrong. Everyone is in their own little box 90% of the time instead of being out in the world interacting with other players.

HCE's could very easily be replaced by "heroic"/"elite" static dungeons in the open world, or maybe work like Hellgates. Either one would get people out of town, and into the game world, then once they are in the portal ofcourse they'd be in an instance. They could have the same difficulty, requiring the same or similar gear levels / teamwork.

Repair costs being the only risk is a joke, in a game like Albion, the risk should be losing your set. That's the entire point of this game, what sets it apart from the 1,000 other MSORPGs out there, and they are chipping away at it little by little.
    • Well I found a group of players to play dungeons with and made a friend while doing so just recently. It's just that people won't trust you in the red or black zone, so you most likely can't do that there (especially because you will be dead before you find a group, or rather dead because you found one). For having a rivalry, you would need to fight the same people over and over again, and since there are far more players than there used to be, this is less likely now. Games always change once there are more players. And those who have played for a long time tend to say it used to be better, no matter which game it is.

Well, if I would find dungeons like this in the black zone only and had to go in with the same gear, I wouldn't play it. Paying 100 - 300 million to go to the black zone? No, thanks, I quit. That's weeks of work for me and I would be 100% sure to lose it, as people would just gank the hell out of it. On the other hand, I would miss the challenging PvE aspect. There are elite dungeons in the form of avalonian dungeons and the avalonian golden chests could be considered almost the same, but without a 20 people group, that's not an option. And I couldn't find that many people for it (unless they want to kill me after, which would make it the last time I did it).
    • Happytr33z wrote:

They're a bad idea, they destroy player interaction in the world, they make the game become WoW-like with raid/dungeon finder and all that garbage. Stop ruining this game. Literally nobody does dungeons out in the world anymore, which means you never run into other groups and have to compete for mobs or have to fight for the dungeon etc.

STOP PUTTING OBVIOUS GARBAGE IN YOUR GAME YOU MORONS

What is the point of having dungeons out in the gameworld, hell what's the point of having a gameworld at all when you guys literally have 9 different kinds of dumbass instanced content for people to just isolate themselves in. Why not turn the game into a lobby where you can pick your instance, you can get teleported there with 4 strangers, and you can do the fun little pre-packaged adventure in about 15 mins without saying a word to anybody, then you can pop back out to the lobby! Why even have a game world if everything you add is just another portal to leave the gameworld and go into an instance?!

You guys ruined a great game. RIP Albion pre- new world, where you actually interacted with people in the open world.
      Kek Expeditions have been in the game forever, you ok buddy?
    • Happytr33z wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

No, they haven't. They were added in early '17 and were meant to be for noobies, they weren't meant to be a primary way of gaining fame or silver because they had zero risk.albiononline.com/en/news/expeditions-recruitmentofthedead
      Ok, you know it's 2021 now right? Forever was an exaggeration, but it's been in the game for years, and now you have a problem with it?

And meant for noobies? In what way?

>Expeditions are ideal content if you are not quite ready to venture into the open world or if you are simply lacking the time.

I don't see they saying it's just for noobs.

Not to mention, high-lvl HCE are not for everyone, comparative to the player base we have few % of them have ever done a 15+
    • Alysandra wrote:

Happytr33z wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

No, they haven't. They were added in early '17 and were meant to be for noobies, they weren't meant to be a primary way of gaining fame or silver because they had zero risk.albiononline.com/en/news/expeditions-recruitmentofthedead
      Ok, you know it's 2021 now right? Forever was an exaggeration, but it's been in the game for years, and now you have a problem with it?
      And meant for noobies? In what way?

>Expeditions are ideal content if you are not quite ready to venture into the open world or if you are simply lacking the time.

I don't see they saying it's just for noobs.

Not to mention, high-lvl HCE are not for everyone, comparative to the player base we have few % of them have ever done a 15+
      Just to add to Alysandra's post.

"Expeditons" STILL are done by new players mostly and even when done by people who are older players the reward is for 1 run/per day. One run provides content for about 10-15 minutes with minuscule reward.

"HCE" are totally different topic. They are not "noob friendly" environment and currently are one of the few places where you would ever need 8.3 set. As a solo player its a nightmare to find a decent group to run with and silver cost for repairs when you are running with random Joe's is a nightmare at 8.3. Fame and silver "farm" at HCE become a profit only when they are done by well organized group.

So what would you have us to, make HCE random MM with solo sign up's only? Remove them for everyone just because few groups can make a profit from there? Do you think if SBI would remove HCE all of the sudden all these people would be at BZ's waiting to be ganked?
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Malkalma wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

So making 1mil a map in a high tier
      Your 1 mill for one run is like lewpac's 12m silver/hour.
      dont think it is unrealistic to make 1m on an 18 including the chest. tbf, I barely do hce in the last 4 months. I find them boring so.
      pretty sure in a level 18 you can get close to that 1m tho. might be 750k or 650k but it is still doable in what, 12 minutes or 14 max. so that gives at least 2.6m an hour. so it ain't that far fetched i think.

feel free to actually provide numbers too.

I still think that a good group with the current no-brain meta shouldn't have any downs so that means free money. And easily 2m+/hour without the chests.