Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 4

    • Я играю с мобильного устройства. Пвп на мобилках не интересно, слишком большой разрыв с ПК игроками. Бегаю с большим топором, это удобное оружие для пве контента , зачем его превращать в пвп оружие когда основная аудитория его использует для пве непонятно, его просто перестанут использовать, и пересядут на проклятый посох.
      Google translate:
      I play from a mobile device. Pvp on mobile phones is not interesting, the gap with PC players is too big. I run with a big ax, this is a handy weapon for pve content, why turn it into a pvp weapon when the main audience uses it for pve is unclear, they just stop using it and switch to the cursed staff.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Zloynoob ().

    • Очень тебя жаль(нет) )

      Zloynoob wrote:

      Я играю с мобильного устройства. Пвп на мобилках не интересно, слишком большой разрыв с ПК игроками. Бегаю с большим топором, это удобное оружие для пве контента , зачем его превращать в пвп оружие когда основная аудитория его использует для пве непонятно, его просто перестанут использовать, и пересядут на проклятый посох.
      Google translate:
      I play from a mobile device. Pvp on mobile phones is not interesting, the gap with PC players is too big. I run with a big ax, this is a handy weapon for pvp content, why turn it into a pvp weapon when the main audience uses it for pve is unclear, they just stop using it and switch to the cursed staff.
    • Thanks everyone for your feedback on the combat balance changes.

      We heard your feedback on some of the more controversial changes, which are:

      • Rending Spin (all Axes):
        • Rending Bleed stacks: now only applied via max distance effect (i.e. 2.5m or further away)
      • Vile Curse (all Cursed Staffs):
        • Cast Range: 9m → 11m
      • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull):
        • Magic Damage per tick: 25 → 33


      We will re-iterate on these changes. However we don't want to delay Patch 4 further since it has so many other changes that we really want to get out into the live game as soon as possible. If we make further changes in Patch 4, we would delay the whole upload to live-process by another week. And since none of these changes are game breaking in our opinion, patch 4 will go live with these changes as it is. However we heard your concerns and will review them one more time and potentially revert or adjust these specifc changes in patch 5.

      Cheers
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

      Thanks everyone for your feedback on the combat balance changes.

      We heard your feedback on some of the more controversial changes, which are:

      • Rending Spin (all Axes):
        • Rending Bleed stacks: now only applied via max distance effect (i.e. 2.5m or further away)
      • Vile Curse (all Cursed Staffs):
        • Cast Range: 9m → 11m
      • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull):
        • Magic Damage per tick: 25 → 33


      We will re-iterate on these changes. However we don't want to delay Patch 4 further since it has so many other changes that we really want to get out into the live game as soon as possible. If we make further changes in Patch 4, we would delay the whole upload to live-process by another week. And since none of these changes are game breaking in our opinion, patch 4 will go live with these changes as it is. However we heard your concerns and will review them one more time and potentially revert or adjust these specifc changes in patch 5.

      Cheers
      Retro
      Thank you for taking care of and listening to the community. We all see and respect your efforts.

      For the last time, I want to remind you that, Bloodletter and Bearpaws stand time is a huge killer of the mobility and gaming experience. It has more effects in the open-world than corrupteds. If you implement this, will stay forever because these weapons are used for specific purposes (bloodletter zvz,ganking and corrupteds). Zvz and ganking experience will be affected hugely and people will stop using these weapons.

      I can understand from bear paws' point but at least please daggers has lost much mobility with nerfs over the patches since the queen. Bloodletter and daggers depend on mobility and flexibility and this can easily kill the experience.

      I want to remind you of another option or at least till this option don't nerf bloodletter

      TheHidden1 wrote:

      You cant commit to action while you can't move or cast any skill. At least remove the stand time when you hit the enemy.
      Please, patches require months of work and this solution has nothing to do with ratting. 0.35 will not stop a rat, please. Check all the comments up, all related to bloodletter and stand time. I don't want to wait for a month to play bloodletter again. Please
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:


      • Dark Sphere (Evensong):
        • Max Enemy targets to get an Aura: 5 → 3

      Can we speak about this ? Before nerf it AGAIN (for server issu btw), can you at least correct what you write in description of spell ?

      range of spell 15M and the range of AOE is 5M, that's ok for the moment. (second screen)

      range of debuf should be 7M (if we see what you write in description of spell. (first screen)

      As you can see here, it's not really 7M coz it's way more small than the 5M of aoe.

      So if you nerf again this weapon for apply debuff on only 3 people, at least do a real 7M please
      Images
      • Sans titre2.png

        755.43 kB, 851×583, viewed 122 times
      • Sans titre.png

        932.51 kB, 1,244×782, viewed 130 times
    • Играю в альбион более года, с телефона на Андроиде. Несколько месяцев назад, я мог сказать, что друид, большой топор, и проклятый посох вполне удобны для использования с телефона. Но в нынешних реалиях из друида сделали целителя, топор переработали в мусор, оставив только проклятый посох. Этот как раз перед запуском альбион в плей маркете и апп сторе.

      Google translator: I have been playing Albion for over a year, from my Android phone. For several months I could tell that the druid, the great ax, and the cursed staff are quite convenient to use from the phone. But in the current reality, they made a healer from the druid, the ax was recycled into garbage, leaving only the cursed staff. This one is just before the launch of Albion in the play market and app store.
    • Retroman wrote:

      Thanks everyone for your feedback on the combat balance changes.

      We heard your feedback on some of the more controversial changes, which are:

      • Rending Spin (all Axes):
        • Rending Bleed stacks: now only applied via max distance effect (i.e. 2.5m or further away)
      • Vile Curse (all Cursed Staffs):
        • Cast Range: 9m → 11m
      • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull):
        • Magic Damage per tick: 25 → 33


      We will re-iterate on these changes. However we don't want to delay Patch 4 further since it has so many other changes that we really want to get out into the live game as soon as possible. If we make further changes in Patch 4, we would delay the whole upload to live-process by another week. And since none of these changes are game breaking in our opinion, patch 4 will go live with these changes as it is. However we heard your concerns and will review them one more time and potentially revert or adjust these specifc changes in patch 5.

      Cheers
      Retro
      Fantastic work on communicating with the albion community! We are glad to be heard and to know that you guys are always working hard to provide us with "balanced" content with maximum efforts!
    • My launcher finally skipped the EAC and launched the Test client for me, and here are some thoughts on the Axe changes:
      • If you're going to keep the concept of having the outer ring of Rending Spin be the only way you can apply the Rending Bleed for this skill, then you should swap the damage for 2.5m and 5m, so that at closer range (2.5m) you do more damage whereas at longer range (5m) you do less damage but get the bleed. This is a nice trade-off and makes both inner and outer ring have purpose. If you're playing the bruiser role and keeping targets close, then you sacrifice the bleed but get more damage. If you're playing the at-distance role, then you do less damage but get the bleeds.
      • There is no way that Battleaxe doesn't get hotfixed. You're telling me that Vampiric Strike just became a ranged AOE that leaches health from multiple enemies? On a 10s CD? Is one-handed and allows me an offhand? And it slows my target? Strike that. After more testing, the Rending Spin change is so bad that this hardly matters because you won't leach shit from multiple targets cause you cannot reliably keep bleeds on them.
        • With that said, the Rending Spin change is that bad. Even with really good ping, the ring indicator is just not calibrated well. The bleeds seem to be completely arbitrary. There are times where my target is perfectly within the last ring and no bleeds are applied. There are other times where they don't seem like they are outer ring and the bleed is applied.
      • Instead of increasing the cooldown 5s from 20s to 25s for Whirlwind, you need to actually drop the CD by 2s so it becomes 18s or at the very least keep it at 20s. The uptime of this skill just went from 15.5s to 22.5s with these changes, which is huge. I really don't think the uninterruptable aspect of this skill required a 7 second increase to uptime.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Calesvol ().

    • making skull E non reflectable is good, if you want to buff E damage then make it channeling spell, the thing about skull E is that it lets you cast your other spells freely (Q+W) while E is rotating and doing work, unlike siege bow which is a channeling spell, if you buff E of skull it will be like siege without the channeling
    • Retroman wrote:

      Thanks everyone for your feedback on the combat balance changes.

      We heard your feedback on some of the more controversial changes, which are:

      • Rending Spin (all Axes):
        • Rending Bleed stacks: now only applied via max distance effect (i.e. 2.5m or further away)
      • Vile Curse (all Cursed Staffs):
        • Cast Range: 9m → 11m
      • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull):
        • Magic Damage per tick: 25 → 33


      We will re-iterate on these changes. However we don't want to delay Patch 4 further since it has so many other changes that we really want to get out into the live game as soon as possible. If we make further changes in Patch 4, we would delay the whole upload to live-process by another week. And since none of these changes are game breaking in our opinion, patch 4 will go live with these changes as it is. However we heard your concerns and will review them one more time and potentially revert or adjust these specifc changes in patch 5.

      Cheers
      Retro
      Thank you so much for responding to the community with this first of all! Awesome to see your response. That being said, I am curious, is there any rough idea or estimate when I can be expecting the Patch to hit? While I can see that there are quite a few others who are not looking forward to some of these changes, I on the other hand are very much looking forward to the release of the Patch and have been excited about it for quite some time now ^^

      I know it may not be everyone's opinion, but I am actually very happy that you guys decided to move forward with the patch instead of delay it longer, though I am curious how much longer it might be so I can prepare myself haha I certainly plan to play for some hours after the Patch is released :P
    • Please remove max range bleed dot apply, makes no sense, axes can now be countered by every weapon and no pressure can be done since one of the main primary source of damage comes from bleeding!

      Halberds will be useless.

      The are of affect of the ability is to small and you are making all of almost of the main abilities on axe to be a skill shot.
      Axes players will now need to be more skilled just to use the abilities and do not forget the LAG meaning that the ability will fail a lot of the times do the the fact of the server lag.
      Please roll back that change or change it

      Bleed dot stays 6s
      Rending spin has 3s cd
      Can only apply 2.5m
      Need to cast 3 times to apply 3 for max dps or pressure or whatever.

      Player just needs to go away for 5 m or just stuck on you for 3s so all of our pressure will go way. and then another 9s to apply pressure!

      The only gap closure of axes is Adrenaline Boost

      Why not change to 2s cd the rending spin? at least the pressure can be still present

      The post was edited 5 times, last by iacobus ().

    • iacobus wrote:

      Please remove max range bleed dot apply, makes no sense, axes can now be countered by every weapon and no pressure can be done since one of the main primary source of damage comes from bleeding!

      Halberds will be useless.

      The are of affect of the ability is to small and you are making all of almost of the main abilities on axe to be a skill shot.
      Axes players will now need to be more skilled just to use the abilities and do not forget the LAG meaning that the ability will fail a lot of the times do the the fact of the server lag.
      Please roll back that change or change it

      Bleed dot stays 6s
      Rending spin has 3s cd
      Can only apply 2.5m
      Need to cast 3 times to apply 3 for max dps or pressure or whatever.

      Player just needs to go away for 5 m or just stuck on you for 3s so all of our pressure will go way. and then another 9s to apply pressure!

      The only gap closure of axes is Adrenaline Boost

      Why not change to 2s cd the rending spin? at least the pressure can be still present
      Until they fix the adrenaline boost and realize the big mistake they made when they just denied the ability a purpose in smallscale+ to largescale fights. Imagine having to auto attack a player just to keep up the ms bonus when you should be spending your burst-window into stacking bleeds.
    • As stated above

      Adrenaline boost will have lost its value in group fights since internal bleeding / raging blades will hold a higher value in terms of applying pressure but these two abilities will make axes purely a fight weapon.

      Adrenaline boost will only be useful mostly for 1v1 fights but even then, auto attacking just to keep it up for the chase leaves the ability for many easy counterplays which actually sucks.