Since when did axes have an identity as "DAMAGE?" The entire Axe toolkit revolves around bleeds and "debuff." You do not see Axe clappers in before they introduced the Realmbreaker, and even then, axes were not known for "massive damage."
- Axe had too much mobility so had to be nerfed. Axes identity is DAMAGE and they still deal a lot of damage compared to other melee dps, so they did everything correct by nerfing axe mobility.
The states of melee DPS
Before the Galatines nerf - galatines owned the identity of "BIG" damage in any largescale group fights and Carving for consistent damage and pierce on smallscale fights.
Daggers were exceptional in most types of content as well, Bloodletter was very popular amongst the rats for stealing kills in any group fight even though it doesn't deal jack shit for damage outside its Q and W.
Bridled Fury is the NEW galatines now for largescale fights (quick swipes, big damage, low cooldown and 75% resilience penetration)
As for Axes:
- Halberds - not up much for big claps, 400-600 damage max for 15 second Es, consistent bleed pressure and re-application
- Infernal Scythe (not really good for largescale, just good for roleplaying on smallscale) very shitty damage on largescale fights
- Carrioncaller (has its possible uses, but mostly popular on 2v2 and 5v5 or smallscale fights) mostly because of the healing reduction it gives
- Battleaxe (this axe was underused until corrupted / 1v1s came in) - very small E cooldown for sustains, good rework on the weapon
- Greataxe (was a very popular PVE choice, now given a chance at PVP, actually performs decently - could use a cooldown reduction though - 25s for a 2.5s spin is hilarious but could be better)
- Realmbreaker (extremely effective for ANY type of group fight)
- Bear Paws (this axe was underused until the buff to reward a 30-second E cooldown that did mediocre skillshot damage by reducing its cd by 40% "if it lands on atleast 1 player) - its popularity exploded when corrupted dungeons came in, however, the weapon was also good for ANY type of content.
Axes existed this way for a LONG ASS time with the same "Adrenaline Rush" ability throughout the years in Albion. It's only when Corrupted dungeon came and all the rats started playing and crying about it.
Myths about Axes:
Axes had "too much mobility"
Axes deal too much damage
- this is false, you cannot beat a warbow as any other axe other than bearpaws if they play super defensively
- you also cannot chase a quarterstaff even if both players did everything perfectly, goodluck with that
- Axes deal a lot of damage "over-time" due to bleeds, it doesn't as hard as swords did
- Axes are known for consistent pressure, mobility and debuff, not too much damage.
The post was edited 1 time, last by Timur02 ().