Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 4

• j0ei wrote:

I guess we're using rending rage now lmfao. RIP high ping axe players. Rending spin has been made un-viable.
      Rending rage damage will be actually reduced by 23% and it ´s still not very easy to use due to not having any proper indication to know when the cooldown resets, not to mention cooldown reduction does not apply to 2.5 seconds window between attacks - It´s already underused as it is even before damage nerf due to not being fun to play ( since you dont konw when magic window resets unless you constantly glue your eyes to your abilities, which yo ucant really afford) so - i don´t know about that.

Rending rage will deal actually less damage than single target Q.

Average player won´t get any value out of rending rage, and the non standtime Q will not be fun to hit with lag, desync etc. It´s already not easy to hit with it when both characters are moving even with decent ping ( 140+-)
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

j0ei wrote:

I guess we're using rending rage now lmfao. RIP high ping axe players. Rending spin has been made un-viable.
      Rending rage damage will be actually reduced by 23% and it ´s still not very easy to use due to not having any proper indication to know when the cooldown resets, not to mention cooldown reduction does not apply to 2.5 seconds window between attacks - It´s already underused as it is even before damage nerf due to not being fun to play ( since you dont konw when magic window resets unless you constantly glue your eyes to your abilities, which yo ucant really afford) so - i don´t know about that.
      Rending rage will deal actually less damage than single target Q.

Average player won´t get any value out of rending rage, and the non standtime Q will not be fun to hit with lag, desync etc. It´s already not easy to hit with it when both characters are moving even with decent ping ( 140+-)
      There will be more value for rending rage in terms of replacing rending spin because not all high ping players will be able to get stacks spread efficiently with the way they're making Rending Spin. Single target Q will ofcourse, always be better for 1v1s but I am referring to Axes purpose in smallscale and largerscale fights.

With rending rage you can actually use the root as a means to "peel" for your healers in group fights, when your group is going for kiting.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Cleanse Heal (all Nature Staffs):

Now has an instant heal effect instead of heal over time

Heal amount is dependent on Rejuvenation Stacks on each target

Removes one Rejuvenation Stack of each ally healed

Stacks: 0 / 1 / 2 / 3

Heal Value: 80 / 100 / 130 / 170
      This skill will work well in fights under 5 players.In other cases, the rejuvenating breeze skill remains the main one in all situations.

Remembering that nature's gameplay is very simple. Stack 3 times the Q (Rejuvenation) on yourself, then the W (rejuvenating breeze). The same thing for an ally.

For me there were no improvements in nature, just another skill, which will be little used.Remembering that all healing skills in nature depend directly on Rejuvenation and for gameplay using thorns nothing has been improved. On the contrary, they have nerfed a lot and it is very boring to play.
    • I did the Hellgate test, some things are not working well.

1 - The Mathmaking delay is not working well, as I was doing PvE at the same time as another duo and we didn't meet, even with similar infamy.

2 - The final chest does not appear if there is no PvP clips.twitch.tv/SparklingAdora…inTurtle-PSQ5RrbHSWrsI492

3 - The Cursed Skull's E is totally broken, giving a lot of damage, I recommend going back with the previous damage value!
      The ability to achieve victory by changing and adapting to the enemy is called a genius - Sun Tzu
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter):

Standtime: 0s → 0.35s
      @Retroman Please this is a weapon killer. The only purpose of this weapon is mobility and execution. This nerf will affect all the open-world existence. So punishing in the small scale and open-world fights, however, little punishment in corrupted dungeons. Rats gonna rat no matter 0.35.

TheHidden1 wrote:

You cant commit to action while you can't move or cast any skill. At least remove the stand time when you hit the enemy.
      Amazing explanation and best offer. Please reconsider dev team...
    • AdamSmith wrote:

@Retroman Please this is a weapon killer. The only purpose of this weapon is mobility and execution. This nerf will affect all the open-world existence. So punishing in the small scale and open-world fights, however, little punishment in corrupted dungeons. Rats gonna rat no matter 0.35.

I agree, making weapons clunky on purpose is bad. Adding 0.35 standing time doesnt change anything besides making the feel of the weapon a lot worse and clunkier.
    • Altamo wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Daggers

Dagger Pair has been very strong in the new 2v2 Hellgates. The shortened cast time made it impossible to react to in certain situations, so the cast time has been reverted to its longer duration from before the last update. Its damage has also been reduced, as with the recently reduced standtime, players could directly follow Slit Throat with more damage, e.g. Chain Slash. Together these abilities had an extremely high damage burst. With the reduced damage of Slit Throat, the oneshot potential is reduced, but the overall damage output still stays very high.

A standtime was also added to Bloodletters, so players have to commit more to the action and allow for more room to punish it if spammed for disengagements.
      • Slit Throat (Dagger Pair):
        • Cast Time: 0.3s → 0.4s
        • Reduced all direct and bleed damage by 7%
      • Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter):
        • Standtime: 0s → 0.35s

While I agree with the rational to encourage commitment for the execute, standtime in Albion makes weapons feel incredibly un-fun and clunky, almost 'laggy' if you will. I believe the intended affect of allowing more room for punishing can be achieved by a simple cooldown nerf, so that a player has to be more considerate about how they use the ability since it would not be up as often; whether to use for engaging onto a target or disengaging.
      By the logic from this statement: "allow for more room to punish it if spammed for disengagements", then double bladed staff E should also get a standtime nerf, if we were being intellectually consistent.
      @Retroman @PrintsKaspian Quoting/pinging again incase the feedback got lost on the first page. I really think standtime nerf on any weapon in albion should be reconsidered. As many have said before me, it feels horrible and unfun to play.

The ironic part about this change is that everyone is still going to play bloodletter just as much because it will be just as strong, but simply more frustrating to the user. If you really want to impact the power of the weapon and the skill cap required to use it, make the cooldown on the execute be higher if you use it but don't kill an enemy. If you kill any enemy, its the same cooldown as it is now. This would give you the intended result.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Rejuvenation (all Nature Staffs):

• Heal per Tick: 7.6 → 8.2
      • Cooldown: 1.3s → 1s
      • Cast Range: 9m → 11m

Retroman wrote:

Rejuvenating Breeze (all Nature Staffs)
      • Cast Range: 12m -> 9m

Revert the Breeze's cast range nerf to accomodate for the Rejuvenation's buff (or increase it to 11m to be in line with every other W), as it would be very clunky to have a 2m cast range difference on a spell highly dependent on the Q.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Multishot (all Bows):
      • Cooldown: 4s → 5s

Even dedicated CC weapons like mace and hammer only have soft CC on the Q spell slots, while quarterstaves (The literal perma CC weapon) has cartwheel on a 8s cooldown with even more miniscule damage and the other Q which stuns only on the 3rd consecutive hit.
      It should be an ~20-30% short duration slow at best.
      A ranged DPS weapon SHOULD NOT have AOE HARD CC on a Q spell slot.

On a side note: perhaps a slight cooldown reduction buff for the underused 1h lifecurse?

Otherwise: a really good job with the balance change explanations, I have been waiting for these.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Swords
      These changes are intended to make Swords feel more fluid, and to give Sword-tree weapons good synergy with abilities that trigger on hit, along with their own passives.

Broadsword Normal Attacks:

Attacks per Second: 1 → 1.35

Damage per Attack: 45 → 33

Dual Swords Normal Attacks:

Attacks per Second: 1.4 → 1.5

Damage per Attack: 32 → 30

Clarent Blade Normal Attacks:

Attacks per Second: 1 → 1.35

Damage per Attack: 45 → 33

Galatine Pair Normal Attacks:

Attacks per Second: 1.4 → 1.5

Damage per Attack: 32 → 30
      Lol what on hit? and why would you ever on any level nerf clarent blade??? well i guess we trading damage for fluidity thanks bro.