CD the root cause

• Combat Balance
    • CD the root cause

Retroman the fundamental flaw that needs to be fixed is..

In CD the most successful build is the build that has unlimited trys to win the fight and just dies if it overcommits

U get Toasted for windwall, for bow knockback, die QS for Hallowfall mobility...and you try to address that crippling the entire game in a lot of other game modes

Yet you don't go for the root cause ..giving the class with highest mobility / pushbacks the builds that can try and try and try..and try..till finally one engage works..

And that is also the anger of your customers, it is simply not fun to be hold hostage in CD and someone you cannot punish for bloody bad pvp play ..is on the 26. Try to kill you while you make your way to crystal..
    • because bow was the only weapon with not enough cc in kit and multi shot was trash compared to other aoe Q skill in bow tree it just fits the bill

if you think of bows it has this feeling of a long range damage dealer but with how range works in this game fire and frost has the same range and melees can close the gap with a well placed ability.

thats why fire has fire wall and frost has the frost blink as cc options. bow has ray of light but that is not easy to land and cc is not as reliable compared to options found on crossbows. so when they implemented the multi shot rework it did fulfill the kite fantasy of bows and bows did sacrifice a ton of damage as a trade off causing them to play like children scared of fire me included

the whole point of kite bow is to deal damage while maintaining enough distance between us to not deal damage back

but after being on the chasing side and chased side
      i think the lava mechanic can be applied to CD to solve part of those issues.
      i mean if you cannot kill your target within a specified time you should be punished for it right?. it gives non mobility builds a chance to fight back.

and with the way how it works if the lava starts coming in and you think the fight is not winnable you can go for crystals your self. causing the chased to consider their options
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • The_Support_God wrote:

because bow was the only weapon with not enough cc in kit and multi shot was trash compared to other aoe Q skill in bow tree it just fits the bill

if you think of bows it has this feeling of a long range damage dealer but with how range works in this game fire and frost has the same range and melees can close the gap with a well placed ability.

thats why fire has fire wall and frost has the frost blink as cc options. bow has ray of light but that is not easy to land and cc is not as reliable compared to options found on crossbows. so when they implemented the multi shot rework it did fulfill the kite fantasy of bows and bows did sacrifice a ton of damage as a trade off causing them to play like children scared of fire me included

the whole point of kite bow is to deal damage while maintaining enough distance between us to not deal damage back

but after being on the chasing side and chased side
      i think the lava mechanic can be applied to CD to solve part of those issues.
      i mean if you cannot kill your target within a specified time you should be punished for it right?. it gives non mobility builds a chance to fight back.

and with the way how it works if the lava starts coming in and you think the fight is not winnable you can go for crystals your self. causing the chased to consider their options
      bow has frost + q cc. Skilled bow players just use frostshot anyway the q knockback is just a wheelchair for the unskilled casuals

Cetero censoe CD just a design issue more than a balance issue.
    • @The_Support_God
      Still, that is no justification for a hard CC Q (i.e: knockbacks, knockups, stuns)
      Even dedicated CC weapons like mace and hammer only have soft CC on the Q spell slots, while quarterstaves (The literal perma CC weapon) have cartwheel on a 8s cooldown with even more miniscule damage and the other Q which stuns only on the 3rd consecutive hit.

Your kiting fantasy could easily be fulfulled with a slow on the multishot, a knockback is too far out of the line.