Massively increasing Hellgate Rewards in Patch 4!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Hi everyone,

apologies for the late follow up, last week was a busy week!

As many of you will have seen, we've included significant additional changes to Hellgates in Patch 4 as a result of this discussion. If you haven't seen them, Patch 4 patchnotes have been released for the Testserver including the additional changes: Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 4

In addition to the planned significant loot boosts, this patch now includes a guaranteed chest at the end of each gate , to ensure you're rewarded for playing during the matchmaking time and don't have to rely on chests from bosses only for rewards. We believe this will make moving on to a new gate feel more rewarding, which is important for matchmaking (as every change to the next gate has a chance of invading another group.). Please note, that there are technically two different types of chests, although they look the same. If you did not encounter any PvP on the map, you'll receive a "PvE" value chest, the value of which is balanced around the time spent on clearing the Hellgate. If you do encounter a PvP fight, you'll receive a chest containing both the existing chest rewards as well as the additional PvE chest rewards.

In addition to the loot changes, we’ve also made other various tweaks:
      • We’ve eliminated any matchmaking waiting time in chained Hellgates to make sure that continuing on for more rewards has no impact whatsoever on the frequency of PvP. Continuing on through Hellgates helps the matchmaking process, so we wanted to make sure the most rewarding way to play them was also the most ideal for players to encounter more PvP
      • We’ve added a mechanic that replenishes health and energy, and resets any cooldowns the character has active (including capes). This applies to both teams whenever a PvP match starts
      • We’ve made improvement to the matchmaking formulas to try to find an even better balance between high quality matches and frequent matches
      These are the changes we managed to squeeze into Patch 4, we're looking forward to your feedback if this improved the matchmaking and rewards in Hellgates overall.

- Eltharyon
    • New

KyGho wrote:

Is changing the chest and removing matchmaking already working correctly on the test server? @Eltharyon
      Everything that's included in Patch 4 is on the test server now.

To be clear, the elimination of matchmaking time mentioned was not a total removal of the matchmaking - it merely makes it so that when you chain from a Hellgate that didn't have PvP the matchmaking is seamless. The perception that waiting at the end of a Hellgate increases the chance of PvP is both false (since Patch 3) and unhealthy for the feature, so we wanted to make sure that there were no matchmaking consequences to chaining whatsoever.

This alongside the guaranteed reward should hopefully make things pretty clear. :)
    • New

Thank you for addressing some of the points being mentioned in this topic.

Can you say something about these points?

• Why is it possilbe to kill yourself into the Lava without losing PVP fame or giving the opponent team any PVP fame. Looks like a huge oversight to me.
      • Why can a enemy player run behind the winners team chest and get you stuck inside the chest after you kill him ? You cant even loot the chest from inside while being stuck. (Chest only spawns after you kill the last enemy player)
      • Why can you trash items directly out of a dead body of your teammates to grief enemy players?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Finale ().

• New

Finale wrote:

• Why is it possilbe to kill yourself into the Lava without losing PVP fame or giving the opponent team any PVP fame. Looks like a huge oversight to me.
      • Why can a enemy player run behind the winners team chest and get you stuck inside the chest after you kill him ? You cant even loot the chest from inside while being stuck. (Chest only spawns after you kill the last enemy player)
      • Why can you trash items directly out of a dead body of your teammates to grief enemy players?

because it is a sandbox

If u die to environment and had pvp before the pvp fame gets credited if u fast enough..

If the player has the time to press die ..u loose the pvp fame
    • New

Well, I just did some tests on the ST, I played 6 HellGates, the final chest is working even though there is no PvP, but there was NO fight, this test was carried out with 3 different pairs doing HG at the same time, and ALL the layouts that I played were the SAME ones, The Plains. Another BUG that I want to report here, Sunder Armor is not being consumed when using the E of the Dagger Pair. @Obelis @Eltharyon
      The ability to achieve victory by changing and adapting to the enemy is called a genius - Sun Tzu

The post was edited 1 time, last by KyGho ().

• New

Finale wrote:

I would also like a response to this @Obelis . This is a increasing problem in where losing teams will trash their teammates bodies before them themselves get killed denying the winning teams for getting rewarded for the risk they brought into HG.
    • New

Finale wrote:

• Why can you trash items directly out of a dead body of your teammates to grief enemy player?

• This is something we'd like to address but it isn't a quick change so there's no ETA on this yet.
      • We were able to make a change with regard to this in Patch 4, but we're not 100% convinced all cases on all maps are covered. If you see this happen after Patch 4, please report the exact place this occurred (using the /bug command helps us locate any remaining problematic areas more quickly).
      • We also hope to address this in Patch 6 by disallowing the looting of corpses in Hellgates until the PvP match ends.

KyGho wrote:

Well, I just did some tests on the ST, I played 6 HellGates, the final chest is working even though there is no PvP, but there was NO fight, this test was carried out with 3 different pairs doing HG at the same time, and ALL the layouts that I played were the SAME ones, The Plains. Another BUG that I want to report here, Sunder Armor is not being consumed when using the E of the Dagger Pair. @Obelis @Eltharyon
      • Sorry for the matchmaking problems you were having on Staging; this was a result of some of our internal testing overlapping with your external testing and not actually a bug. Will try to see that one interferes with the other less in the future. :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Obelis ().

• New

Obelis wrote:

Finale wrote:

• Why can you trash items directly out of a dead body of your teammates to grief enemy player?

• This is something we'd like to address but it isn't a quick change so there's no ETA on this yet.
      • We were able to make a change with regard to this in Patch 4, but we're not 100% convinced all cases on all maps are covered. If you see this happen after Patch 4, please report the exact place this occurred (using the /bug command helps us locate any remaining problematic areas more quickly).
      • We also hope to address this in Patch 6 by disallowing the looting of corpses in Hellgates until the PvP match ends.

KyGho wrote:

• Sorry for the matchmaking problems you were having on Staging; this was a result of some of our internal testing overlapping with your external testing and not actually a bug. Will try to see that one interferes with the other less in the future. :)

so u'll take a half-year to solve the looting of corpses in Hellgate?
    • New

pinto wrote:

Obelis wrote:

Finale wrote:

KyGho wrote:

so u'll take a half-year to solve the looting of corpses in Hellgate?
      The sad part is that this is actually true, its gonna take them almost half a year to release patch 6. I dont understand why are they jumping between content, can they please just fix 1 content completely and then move to next one, SBI is half assing everything, I would understand if they did not have enough developers so they are trying to please everyone, but SBI is like few hundred mil dollar company so they can clearly afford enough people to fix the whole game in 2 weeks if they wanted to.
    • New

Hoping everything is going smooth with patch 4 and its going to be on the live server soon.We had to do another 10 gates without any team today again and I almost fell asleep, what can I tell you NA timer is sometimes super dead.There is so much excitement when we get a fight in the early timers everybody loves this content now we just need to entice more people to run it. I Hope you guys understand its not easy to organize 10v10 gating and when 10 people get disappointed from no pvp it really hurts the game.
    • New

I tried to find previous mention of this but I could not so I am speaking my mind.

Regarding IP Requirement for Hellgate, I think the current system tries to solve an impossible equation. Make it accessible to everyone to enjoy while providing interesting loot to experienced players and I feel any single formula solution proposed would not solve it.

As the matchmaking is supposed to use the infamy, would it be technically possible to link the IP requirement to the infamy level. This solution would allow to increase the loot reward in parallel of the infamy or skill of the players while keeping it accessible to all. For example, as a low infamy player, you would get a basic soft requirement of 900 or 1000 IP with a 50% to 80% IP debuff. As a high infamy player you would get a basic infamy of 1400 or more with a 20% IP debuff. Another potential solution would be to have the same basic IP requirement as 1000 IP and having the debuff start as 100% to low infamy players which drops to 0% for high infamy players. It could be implemented with level, linearly or another way, i am just suggesting a new way to handle the problem.

As a party, you would need to group then check on a HellGate or a HG map what is you average infamy and what are the IP requirements associated.

It would provide another insensitive to increase your infamy to have access to better rewards.

If this solution has been proposed and argumented before, please let me know.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Draclain ().