Massively increasing Hellgate Rewards in Patch 4!

• Massively increasing Hellgate Rewards in Patch 4!

Greetings everyone,

As a follow up to the changes you saw in Patch 3, the Hellgate Team has made even more changes coming in Patch 4.
      For this next patch, we’ve massively increased rewards.

Fame will be increased by the following amounts:
      • Non-lethal 2v2: +26%
      • Non-lethal 5v5: +22%
      • Non-lethal 10v10: +52%
      • Lethal 2v2: +42%
      • Lethal 5v5: +34%
      • Lethal 10v10: +56%
      Loot will be increased by the following amounts:
      • Non-lethal 2v2: +6%
      • Non-lethal 5v5: +44%
      • Non-lethal 10v10: +101%
      • Lethal 2v2: +137%
      • Lethal 5v5: +138%
      • Lethal 10v10: +172%

Infamy for Hellgates has also been adjusted so that it scales up more quickly and nearly all players will also see an even greater bonus due to the bonus loot
      percentages they’ve obtained. This Hellgate Infamy now maxes out at 50% so for very few of our highest Infamy players their bonus percentage may slightly
      decrease. Even in those cases, overall loot will go up significantly as the base loot has increased so much.

Good luck in hell,
      Seldom and the Hellgate Team
    • So still no chest being added for no-shows?

We need the food chain to start with something enticing so players will run the gates all the time, that's why the previous HG's were so active, you've squashed the ratting situation but killed off the reason to start running them.

This is the issue, teams won't form up (especially for 10v10) and spend time waiting for another team to enter just so they can be rewarded, we've seen it over the last couple of weeks.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • 1. Remove PVE at all
      2. Give timer for us, after 6 min we will get small chest(~200k per chest + fame) and than next HG
      3. PROFIT

If u want to infinity chain u should create something like HG chest after every HG. For me, i'm going to town after every 10v10 HG
    • Here are some suggestions:

Why port players out of the Hellgate as soon as they die? This would not have happened in the old hellgates and if you die you still would get the killfame (and now Infamy) if your team was winning the fight.
      Its a Team game why would only the players that live been rewarded. For me its seems that you just copy pasta the System from Corrupted dungeon that is not really fitting for team related hellgates.

Why is it possilbe to kill yourself into the Lava without losing PVP fame or giving the opponent team any PVP fame. Looks like a huge oversight to me.

Why can a salty player run behind the winners team chest and get you stuck inside the chest after you kill him there? You cant even loot the chest from inside while being stuck. (Chest only spawns after you kill the last enemy player)

Why would you make players wait for cooldowns like "resistance potion" before they could chain into another gate. Just reset every cooldown at the start of a new gate.

Thanks for the Fame and Loot improvements tho it was much needed.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Finale ().

• what a joke
      • fame is still shittier than basic t8 blue dungeon in the black zone specially without a boss at the end
      • you would think that you'd learn from how dead 20 v 20s are - you need to reward your players with something even if it is a no show, it's not the players fault
      • 172% increase to 0 loot is still 0
      • you're gunna run metrics again whenever the patch comes out and 10s will still be deader than a door knob
      i used to be able to take a beginner friend, or some1 who was fresh to pvp to yellow hell gates and still get decent/fair fights. nowadays not only is that option not available but the alternatives are even shittier.

this is just frustrating to read lol
    • They should honestly revert HGs and balance back to how it was a year ago with gear switching and everything, best times, no RNG bullshit, u got good loot, fame and fights. (I literally got 11 fights in a row against T6.3 Lifetouch + DGs in a 2v2 hg, insane loot, fame and fun fights)
      Then the game was perfectly balanced in HGs (Mainly 2v2s), you know why? because no matter what comp you played, you could bring so many pocket picks to counter every possible comp in existence, and because everyone did it, it was always a 100% fair fight. I experienced this first hand, been playing 2v2 HGs for like 3400 hours. We all know that Retroman will never balance it perfectly, that is why gear switching is the best thing Retroman could add back, its basically like adding training wheels on a bicycle. It does not matter how unbalanced some weapons or gear pieces are, cuz u could always switch each gear piece to make a set that 100% counters ur enemys, and if both sides did it, you will always have a 100% balanced fair fight, if you ever played a 2v2 hg in ur life back in the days, you know that I am right :3

Edit: If u have noticed, wayyyy less people complained about hgs back in the days compared to right now. (PS: the rising lava should obviously be added if it was reverted to stop ratting)

The post was edited 2 times, last by LegaI ().

• wolfo70 wrote:

Just add guaranteed chests back in 2v2's. You cant rat anyways what's the point of not doing it. :confusion:
      On top of that they still need to fix IP caps (make it higher), remove all the PvE mobs (can just add like 1 huge boss in the middle or add few small bosses like old hgs), make the matchmaking better, remove the lava suicide thing after they lose (where u dont get the fame), which all can be done very easily ofc, but then comes the main problem, balancing all the weapons and armors, which will never be perfectly balanced cuz SBI is mainly balancing the game around 5v5s, so gear switching would eliminate the problem of needing a balanced game.
      (The rat thing u are confused about, I meant it if they reverted back the hellgates like they were a year ago, obviously we dont have ratting problems anymore in current hgs :3
    • LegaI wrote:

They should honestly revert HGs and balance back to how it was a year ago with gear switching and everything, best times, no RNG bullshit, u got good loot, fame and fights. (I literally got 11 fights in a row against T6.3 Lifetouch + DGs in a 2v2 hg, insane loot, fame and fun fights)
      Then the game was perfectly balanced in HGs (Mainly 2v2s), you know why? because no matter what comp you played, you could bring so many pocket picks to counter every possible comp in existence, and because everyone did it, it was always a 100% fair fight. I experienced this first hand, been playing 2v2 HGs for like 3400 hours. We all know that Retroman does not know how to balance this game and will never balance it perfectly, that is why gear switching is the best thing Retroman could add back, its basically like adding training wheels on a bicycle. It does not matter how unbalanced some weapons or gear pieces are, cuz u could always switch each gear piece to make a set that 100% counters ur enemys, and if both sides did it, you will always have a 100% balanced fair fight, if you ever played a 2v2 hg in ur life back in the days, you know that I am right :3

Edit: If u have noticed, wayyyy less people complained about hgs back in the days compared to right now. (PS: the rising lava should obviously be added if it was reverted to stop ratting)
      I'm sorry but compared to the amount of people playing the game thats not even remotely true.
    • This is a step in the right direction.Lets see how the patch affects the game before we criticize the devs, not being white knight here, but without testing the new gates after patch and having reliable data its not correct to be negative.If more people start doing the gates some maps having no chest is not going to be such a big deal.
    • You can buff this all the way to 400% and it still wouldn't matter since going 4+ hellgates with no enemy is just a snorefest. Just add guaranteed chests to actually have a population doing hellgates again. The average hellgate duo/team won't have a 50%+ winrate to justify the time and money they spend inside hellgates.
    • Hey everyone,

thanks for your thoughts and feedback on these changes! We've taken a very close look at what you've written here today to see how we can improve.

Some of the improvements you suggested are actually already part of our next patch, such as resetting cooldowns when entering a new Hellgate or when being invaded.

Other suggestions, such as a guaranteed reward chest at the end of the Hellgate, we've evaluated closely and are now trying to find a way to get them into a patch as soon as possible.

I will reply in this thread when I have confirmed what changes exactly we expect to be able to deliver in the next patch.

Best Regards and thank you again for your feedback.

- Eltharyon
    • In general, new HG(5v5 and new 10v10, I don't speak about 2v2, I think it's not important for game =) ) much better that it was before. 100%

By the way, i want notice about one big problem - skill between non-lethal and lethal HG(same for cgvg 5v5 and 20v20); As for me, I rare to lose 5v5 cgvg t1 and 5v5 yellow Hg, but in cgvg t2 I have never win it and i have 20% winrate in red HG, it's really confuse me, because i have ~90% winrate in other non-lethal content.
    • Chshr wrote:

In general, new HG(5v5 and new 10v10, I don't speak about 2v2, I think it's not important for game =) ) much better that it was before. 100%

By the way, i want notice about one big problem - skill between non-lethal and lethal HG(same for cgvg 5v5 and 20v20); As for me, I rare to lose 5v5 cgvg t1 and 5v5 yellow Hg, but in cgvg t2 I have never win it and i have 20% winrate in red HG, it's really confuse me, because i have ~90% winrate in other non-lethal content.
      disparity like this will always exist because if you know how to play and feel confident you won't go to non lethal content there is no real way of reducing them

to the changes i think after loot and fame buffs what most people first don't seem to understand is that buffing loot is also buffing boss chests so i actually think that they are pretty good and do not need anything extra tho i agree to some points of finale
    • Maybe try lowering the level of entry instead of increasing rewards? I remember when the game had yellow zone hg with 700ip cap with 80% reduction, it had more pvpers and was more active then red zone ones. I got a fight almost every hellgate from the yellowzone against multiple different teams in 1 session. I think there's just not a lot of interest because it's so costly right now. Unless you want to make it so that only veterans play it, then you have to reward waaaay more to get veterans interested. I haven't done 5v5's non-lethals since the update, but in 2v2 non-lethals, there's way more fighting then the lethal ones. Just saying, could be that nobody is playing it because nobody can afford to play it.