Longbow Rework suggestion

• Combat Balance
    • Longbow Rework suggestion

Hello,

Recently SBI has made some buffs to the weapon but it still didn't quite cut it.

Longbow still does not have a place in the current ZvZ meta (very weak channeled damage, 15 second cooldown has absolutely no synergy with the caller) hence, there are much better alternatives than using this weapon

Suggestion:
      • Increase cooldown from 15 > 30 seconds (solves the synergy problem)
      • Increase channeled damage per tick by 40% (to be inline with other E abilities that also deal channeled damage)
      • Remove the slow application and instead apply a stack of the active passive ability to targets hit every tick of the channel
        • Slow Poison passive - increase slow applied to players from 10% > 20% and re-apply/refresh the slow poison on every tick when Rain of Arrows is channeled
        • Energetic - when this passive is active, landing a full channeled Rain of Arrows will restore energy per tick of the channel, increase the energy restored per tick
        • Piercing Arrows - when this passive is active, every tick of Rain of Arrows will add 1 stack of piercing arrows (stacks upto 4 times) and then refreshes if target is at maximum stacks
        • Attack speed - when this passive is active, every tick of Rain of Arrows will contribute to the stacks and gain an Attack speed bonus of 35% for 5s.

Alternate version of the suggestion above:

Alternative Suggestion:
      • Increase cooldown from 15 > 25 seconds (solves the synergy problem)
      • Reduce channel interval per tick from 0.5 to 0.3s per tick
      • Increase total channeled hits from 5 to 10
      • Increase overall channeled duration from 2.5s to 3s
      • Remove the slow application completely

The post was edited 1 time, last by j0ei ().

• tabooshka wrote:

yea in comparison to unbalanced weapons like mistpiercer its worse, but its still pretty damn good weapon that you can solo delete clumps with
      Hello, can you send us clips of 1 guy solo deleting clumps? Also preferrably, in an actual largescale ZvZ where focus fire and debuff is an applied factor. Because I speak from practical perspective and experience, and I have indeed played with this weapon. Yes the damage is decent but nowhere near viable.

We have highly experienced veteran ZvZ dps players trying this weapon out and the conclusion from all these tests we conduct on actual fights are that there are MUCH better options / alternatives.

I am not referring to faction fights as obviously, nearly any meta zvz weapon can solo delete clumps e.g Brimstone without debuff.

There are only a few number of weapons that can solo delete clumps due to the limit of aoe escalation which is about 40-45% if I'm not mistaken.

For mistpiercers though, yes this weapon deals massive amounts of damage even after the nerf but you can just as easily delete yourself from 1 demon armor stacked up on a clump, where literally your first shot can instantly 100-0 you from reflect damage (hence, recommended to play with an enigmatic staff to shield you and help reduce your damage taken from reflect) while it deals about 400-600 damage per arrow.
    • tabooshka wrote:

looks viable to me, if you dont think its viable there is something wrong with your head

Nice clips - where's the one guy though. LMFAO Freya macaco as usual. 80-100 rain of arrows + 40-60exp arrows around 150-180 damage overall per tick for 5 ticks(focus fire and debuff applied with pierce to assist) to probably 1k damage overall for a full channel?

His video proved that Wailings are viable 100% hits hard, unreflectable, 30 second cooldown with perfect synergy, 1 Hand maces can slap too with full cloth setup similar to spirithunter. (I know the guy since he was in our guild)

Actual ZvZ means you got pierces laid out for you too, so where's the one guy deleting clumps because if you think the guy deleted the clumps on his own just by himself, you are wrong in the head bro.

Look at all those brimstones, energy shapers and other ranged dps in the zerg doing damage while Longbro picks up the scraps and gets some last hits KEK
    • Longbow lost it's clap potential when maximum explosions per tick was limited by 5, and maximum targets of each explosion was limited by 5 also, due "server performance issues".
      Some kind of new explosive arrows and rain of arrows interaction, as new mechanic, may potentially bring it back.
      For example, "While explosive arrows active damage increased by X and radius by Z per stack, consumes all stacks on use"
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• gmatagmis wrote:

Longbow lost it's clap potential when maximum explosions per tick was limited by 5, and maximum targets of each explosion was limited by 5 also, due "server performance issues".
      Some kind of new explosive arrows and rain of arrows interaction, as new mechanic, may potentially bring it back.
      For example, "While explosive arrows active damage increased by X and radius by Z per stack, consumes all stacks on use"
      Yes, I was hoping for that interaction mechanic to work possibly with the passives. Like the piercing arrows is not really as impactful if you have to auto attack a target to apply stacks, but instead you can have ur Rain of arrows apply 1 stack every tick for the full channel and give that bonus defense reduction + on top of synergizing the cooldowns with your caller and a little bit more damage.
    • j0ei wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

looks viable to me, if you dont think its viable there is something wrong with your head

Nice clips - where's the one guy though. LMFAO Freya macaco as usual. 80-100 rain of arrows + 40-60exp arrows around 150-180 damage overall per tick for 5 ticks(focus fire and debuff applied with pierce to assist) to probably 1k damage overall for a full channel?
      His video proved that Wailings are viable 100% hits hard, unreflectable, 30 second cooldown with perfect synergy, 1 Hand maces can slap too with full cloth setup similar to spirithunter. (I know the guy since he was in our guild)

Actual ZvZ means you got pierces laid out for you too, so where's the one guy deleting clumps because if you think the guy deleted the clumps on his own just by himself, you are wrong in the head bro.

Look at all those brimstones, energy shapers and other ranged dps in the zerg doing damage while Longbro picks up the scraps and gets some last hits KEK

as i said, you are clueless

if you did some math you would know that you look stupid :)

I like how you completely ignored the parts that he did solo Es

Longbow actually does more damage than brimstone, simple math
    • tabooshka wrote:

j0ei wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Nice clips - where's the one guy though. LMFAO Freya macaco as usual. 80-100 rain of arrows + 40-60exp arrows around 150-180 damage overall per tick for 5 ticks(focus fire and debuff applied with pierce to assist) to probably 1k damage overall for a full channel?His video proved that Wailings are viable 100% hits hard, unreflectable, 30 second cooldown with perfect synergy, 1 Hand maces can slap too with full cloth setup similar to spirithunter. (I know the guy since he was in our guild)

as i said, you are clueless

if you did some math you would know that you look stupid :)

I like how you completely ignored the parts that he did solo Es

Longbow actually does more damage than brimstone, simple math
      Ah yes, please woo us with your mathematical formulas and show us some spreadsheets about how "Longbow" deals more damage than Brimstone please.

Overwhelm us with your amazing 50mil pvp fame, sub 3k total kills as a Bloodletter main player using someone elses' montage POV on ZvZs where engages are not done "solo" but as a zerg.

What a smart player this guy lmfao.