Cosmetics and Armor Spells

• Cosmetics and Armor Spells

Hello!

I have noticed something interesting that might not be a bug, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I recently purchased some cosmetics, and noticed that when casting my chest/helm spells, my cosmetics briefly disappear and show my equipped armor, and reappear after the cast is complete.

Not game-breaking, but would love to know why!
    • Hey KameTephra :)

As you already said correctly this is not a bug and intended behavior.
      The item that uses the spell has to show up for the duration of the spell animation to make sure, that the animation matches with the item and that it doesnt look weird with cetrain vanity items.
      This is a bit more important for weapons, but it also happens for helmets and armor, like you said.
      We might change this behavior in the future, but for now this is how it works :)

Thanks for your feedback and I hope I could explain it a bit to you.
    • Orgrum wrote:

Hey KameTephra :)

As you already said correctly this is not a bug and intended behavior.
      The item that uses the spell has to show up for the duration of the spell animation to make sure, that the animation matches with the item and that it doesnt look weird with cetrain vanity items.
      This is a bit more important for weapons, but it also happens for helmets and armor, like you said.
      We might change this behavior in the future, but for now this is how it works :)

Thanks for your feedback and I hope I could explain it a bit to you.
      Hey Orgrum!

Thank you for explaining it to me! That makes sense to me.

Just between you and me, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it because it's like you're "channeling" the regular armor to activate the spell. :)

Thanks again!