Anyone else got banned after the patch?

• Hey there,

we are still looking into this case and would like to provide some background information on why this is so difficult to resolve:

- Some time ago, we provided two fishing bots to the EAC team to integrate into their detection.
      - Once these were implemented, a very small number of accounts was banned promptly as a result of that
      - Since then - on an ongoing basis, there are pretty much no additional bans being triggered
      - The users affected by the ban are concentrated in a specific region & language

The above points strongly imply that we are not dealing with false positives here. In case of false positives, we'd expect a more even distribution of affected users across languages/regions, and we'd expect more and more accounts getting flagged on an ongoing basis.

And yet, we are getting convincing statements from some players - some of the veterans of the game for years - that indicate that there indeed could be some false positives. Now, in and by itself, in any ban wave, there are false positive claims and 99% of these are made up (which we can directly confirm based on logs and tech data).

In this case, though, as EAC is involved, it takes longer for thus to properly double check this. We'll escalate it with them to get a resolution as soon as possible.
    • Korn wrote:

Ei,

ainda estamos investigando este caso e gostaríamos de fornecer algumas informações básicas sobre por que isso é tão difícil de resolver:

- Algum tempo atrás, fornecemos dois robôs de pesca para a equipe EAC integrar em sua detecção.
      - Uma vez que eles foram implementados, um número muito pequeno de contas foi banido imediatamente como resultado disso
      - Desde então - de forma contínua, praticamente não há proibições adicionais sendo acionadas
      - Os usuários afetados pelo banimento estão concentrados em uma região e idioma específicos

Os pontos acima implicam fortemente que não estamos lidando com falsos positivos aqui. No caso de falsos positivos, esperamos uma distribuição mais uniforme dos usuários afetados em todos os idiomas / regiões e mais e mais contas sendo sinalizadas continuamente.

E ainda, estamos recebendo declarações convincentes de alguns jogadores - alguns dos veteranos do jogo por anos - que indicam que pode haver alguns falsos positivos. Agora, por si só, em qualquer onda de banimento, existem alegações de falsos positivos e 99% delas são inventadas (o que podemos confirmar diretamente com base em registros e dados técnicos).

Neste caso, porém, como o EAC está envolvido, leva mais tempo para verificar isso corretamente. Iremos encaminhar o problema com eles para obter uma resolução o mais rápido possível.
      How will I know the return of this? will be published here in this topic? or again will i have to come in with support, and get poor answers? The problem is to "investigate" and get the same answer.

I really want to know the reason for my ban, since I don't use these bots!

@Korn I remembered that the most I used was the DPS tracker (damage viewer, and the forum and support already said that it is not considered malicious third-party tools. Another one I used was lootLogger, also the same information. These software may have given false positives ?
    • @Korn
      The problem here is that your answer above came only now. If you had come up with that answer earlier, that the problem is being solved, that you are in contact with the EAC, etc., many people here in their desperate situation would know that the devs are working on it and are solving the problem.
      Instead, there was silence and the only thing that could be seen was such a really bad attitude from the support of both SBI and EAC. And at the same time, it is enough to talk to your customers so that they know that they have hope.
      Another thing, compensation, if someone is wrongly banned here, will they get compensation? (Premium status is not free)
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we are still looking into this case and would like to provide some background information on why this is so difficult to resolve:

- Some time ago, we provided two fishing bots to the EAC team to integrate into their detection.
      - Once these were implemented, a very small number of accounts was banned promptly as a result of that
      - Since then - on an ongoing basis, there are pretty much no additional bans being triggered
      - The users affected by the ban are concentrated in a specific region & language

The above points strongly imply that we are not dealing with false positives here. In case of false positives, we'd expect a more even distribution of affected users across languages/regions, and we'd expect more and more accounts getting flagged on an ongoing basis.

And yet, we are getting convincing statements from some players - some of the veterans of the game for years - that indicate that there indeed could be some false positives. Now, in and by itself, in any ban wave, there are false positive claims and 99% of these are made up (which we can directly confirm based on logs and tech data).

In this case, though, as EAC is involved, it takes longer for thus to properly double check this. We'll escalate it with them to get a resolution as soon as possible.
      thankyou for this explanation, yes, we / me know that the banned provide because some report / detection from EAC, but you guys should reach us before, telling something like bots detection or anything else, not just throw our question back to EAC, then EAC remain silent until now ( in my case, 11 x 24 hours already, still nothing until now )
      and i also check my character like previous post, and yes, someone also login on my id, maybe its dev check or idk what happen.

for case about fishing bots, let me explain, please check and you can verify my data dear dev, my last time do "long time" fishing, as i recall, around november 2020 when my guild hideout still on decent fishing spot at blackzone, after that i stop playing albion 2-3 month, coming back, do some content and fishing content included also but not everyday, 3-4 hours a weeks when i got no content, never got constantly disconnected by EAC because detection or anything ( maybe you can validation it from my login connection ) and after 19 april maintenance, cant login anymore

IF im using bot, and based on your statement that the EAC already implemented the detection before, i should be banned instantly when im using the bot, right ? btw i dont know how EAC works, as far as i experience, EAC instantly disconnect me when i left my AHK running, so it should be same (?)
      and once again, thankyou for reach us @Korn

edited,

@Mytherceria i do lootlogger before 19 april ( to be exact 5-6april then 14,16,17,18 april ), when my guild do zvz, i can provide the proof since it still saved at my guild discord channel when i provide lootlogger report
      for damage meter i dont think i use it around that time, maybe just once or twice, sorry i dont remember about it

The post was edited 4 times, last by Naihtpes ().

• Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

For those who are receiving the EAC ban message, can you please let me know if you used any other tool, such as loot logger, etc, when you received the ban?

- Mytherceria
      I use the:
      -DPS tracker
      -LootLogger

when I got banned, two days earlier I was using lootlogger, at zvz. The DPS tracker I used a week before the ban.
      After the Monday path, it was an auto-ban, I wasn't using anything on the day.
      There was no notification until then, and I only use these 2 because here on the forum a green light was given for use.

And I'm banned with the message "banned", I ask that you please check @Mytherceria e @Korn
    • A few positive things have transpired in this thread, it seems.

First and foremost, the SBI Staff has finally spoken on the case and confirmed they are looking into this. This is exactly what I was hoping for, for it proves our voice is indeed heard. @Korn, @Mytherceria, thank you for your responses and valuable input, as well as the ongoing effort to help the players.

Second, some of the affected players have admitted they've been using third-party tools such as loot loggers. This sheds new light on the case. I think it deserves a Public Service Warning:

Do not use any third-party tools when playing the game, as this may lead to your account being banned.

Similar warnings are issued regularly throughout the Discord servers of guilds and alliances whose members have reported such problems, but of course, these are only accessible to members of said guilds and alliances, and the warnings posted therein will not be available to everyone. Therefore I post it here in the forum, which is accessible to all registered users.

I hope this warning prevents at least some of the users from losing access to their accounts. Some of us have paid, or are regularly paying, for Premium access. This is your hard-earned money, folks. Protect your investment, don't let it go to waste by using some third-party programs - you might not even know how they work and what protection mechanisms they might trigger.

COkie wrote:

someone logged into my banned account...
      These logins are triggered by our customer service team doing a manual investigation / double check of the banned accounts. Your account has not been compromised.
      Hy there, It's the really sad situation. We play with COkie more than 1 year together, each day. and wanna play again. If you manually looking in him chest in Merlin's Rest, you can see 2 stacks of books of intuition 999 books each, farming with me in black zone dungeons together with our guild. and really this player dont need to use any fishing bots. really fishing bots it's not about our gameplay. pls doublecheck this account again, because all my small guild waiting and cant normally playing without COkie
    • Mytherceria wrote:

prnt.sc/12c5gviHi everyone,

For those who are receiving the EAC ban message, can you please let me know if you used any other tool, such as loot logger, etc, when you received the ban?

- Mytherceria

Leturn wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

- Mytherceria
      I use the:-DPS tracker
      -LootLogger

when I got banned, two days earlier I was using lootlogger, at zvz. The DPS tracker I used a week before the ban.
      After the Monday path, it was an auto-ban, I wasn't using anything on the day.
      There was no notification until then, and I only use these 2 because here on the forum a green light was given for use.

And I'm banned with the message "banned", I ask that you please check @Mytherceria e @Korn

dkzombie1 wrote:

I have no fisherman fame on my account at all, but I got banned anyway.
      I am a t8 collector in stone and ore, t7 less in wood, leather, fabric and fishing, I have the goal of being a full spec collector. I try my best to log in after the upgrade, which in my region takes place at 7:00 am or so, and on this fateful Monday I got that banning message as soon as I tried to enter. It is worth mentioning that I played until 1 am doing HCE Last day.
      PrintPLayer
      As you can see I’m practically end-game, I don’t need a bot to do my thing
      If I want silver I make hce or crafto items, because even in these I am t6 ~ t7 in craft.
      tools4albion.com/player_history.php?playerID=803898

The post was edited 5 times, last by Leturn ().