Anyone else got banned after the patch?

• So AO is game created by EAC, at least that's what it looks like when it distributes bans without substantiated evidence, and when SBI can't (or doesn't want to?) do anything about it?
      Funny..

as someone has already written in this thread, it happens to me, support refuses to help me, EAC does not communicate or does not solve my situation, I am aware that I have a ban illegally, I would immediately end up with AO ..

it's both funny and sad how developers approach it ..

all that remains is to hope that they will wake up in SBI and start solving the situation with EAC.
      and you guys, who has been banned illegally, good luck to you all!
    • Worros wrote:

I didn't get banned but just stumbled upon this topic. Is this for real? They just ban people for no reason and then don't bother to help? Ok...not sure how I feel about recommending the game to people now.
      Sadly, but yes. This is SBI in 2021. Back when I was buying my 100$ accounts I could not think that I will be banned with no explanation and no help from SBI whatsoever.

I paid money to SBI and SBI just says "3rd party is responsible for your ban, we can't help here." And that 3rd party is not answering my emails... so yeah.. life is great. bye bye 7 years old account.
    • Ok, so I've resisted replying until now, for a couple of reasons.

1. I haven't been affected by this
      2. Usually bans are deserved

But @Mytherceria there is quite obviously a problem here. The players of this game are YOUR customers .. not EAC's.

You however are EAC's customers, and if they are giving a substandard to YOUR customers then you should be interacting with them accordingly.

Is it really acceptable that your customers wait a week for a reply to the company you sub-contracted this crap out to? FFS step in and show some integrity. EAC are falling short of the service agreement you'd expect.

@Mytherceria sort it out. This is unacceptable .. your cutomers to not pay EAC ... they pay YOU
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • @Mytherceria SBI's response has been pathetic. I was banned a about a week ago. The message says to contact Albion Support. Albion Support tells me to contact EAC support. EAC tells me the ban is permanent.
      I then try to log into my account on mobile and I am able to play. I play for an hour and then try to log in again and then I am banned there too.

What is going on? Why was I banned? They can't tell me. Why did they want me to contact them if they are just going to tell me to contact EAC? Why was I able to play mobile until they decided I wasn't?
      How about you give a response to the situation instead of just linking EAC troubleshooting tips. We are flat out banned. Not just blocked from playing.
      The reality of the situation is that SBI scammed a few hundred players out of the money they spent on the game. Instead of fixing their mistake they will just ignore it like they always do.

The biggest problem with Albion isn't the RMTing, the mega alliances, or the terrible balancing. It's that SBI has no morals and and steals from their customers.

The post was edited 5 times, last by durateensballs ().

• I trust the anticheat programs and usually the bans are well deserved. But they only like to know from SBI support team which program gave them the account ban. In a game where you invest a lot of time and money i think it s right to answer their question before confirming the permanban. Goodluck solving your issue guys.
    • There is one thing I fail to understand about EAC's communication.

They say "We do not disclose the cheats that were detected while connected to a secured server that resulted in an account ban. We have detailed records for each cheat detection, however, releasing this information would only benefit cheat developers."

Honestly, that's the single most illogical thing I've ever encountered in my entire life.

The main purpose of systems such as EAC should be to proactively prevent in game cheats from happening, and not reactively ban players caught cheating. Taking an analogy of road safety, EAC acts like a corrupted police force: first they cover the speed limit sign, and then start slapping speeding tickets like mad. This is not the way they should work.
      A truly proactive anticheat service would be fully transparent and disclose the compromised cheats publicly. This would go a long way towards prevention - the players would get a clear message: we know there is such a cheat, we can detect anyone using it and we will ban any and all such accounts. As a result, players would not use these cheats knowing they would be caught and banned if they did. Would it benefit the cheat developers? On the contrary, I'd say - no one would be willing to use a compromised cheat, even for free, let alone pay the cheat developer for it.

I despise cheating in computer games and I am firmly of the opinion that all identified cheaters should be banned into oblivion, but at the same time, I think there is something very wrong with EAC's lack of transparency behind the bans and their reactive policy of handling them. There is no telling whether or not the ban was right, and the ban appeal mechanism is illusory as the company can always respond "you were banned legitimately, end of story" without having the need to explain anything or provide any justification to their claim. This will undermine the community's trust in the anticheat system, and in the game itself. In the end, people will start voting with their wallets and will not only leave the game themselves, but also they will discourage other potential players from signing up.

@Mytherceria, I am turning to you as our Community Manager: please take my post and what I've written above as an honest suggestion to take a look at how your proceedings with EAC work. Please bring this to the attention of the company's decision makers and have an honest discussion about this. But above all else, please convince your company's decision makers to take a pro-playerbase stance and at least get the company's support genuinely involved in helping the affected players resolve any disputes they might have with EAC. EAC will not talk to the affected players because they aren't their customers. They are your customers. Please help them, that's all we ask of you.

I trust the anticheat programs and usually the bans are well deserved. But they only like to know from SBI support team which program gave them the account ban. In a game where you invest a lot of time and money i think it s right to answer their question before confirming the permanban. Goodluck solving your issue guys.
      eac kicks me out if i try to run the client while running a software utility which lets me turn off my monitors with a keyboard shortcut.

i advice you ppl "not to trust" these anti cheat software that much.

i had to stop using that utility ~6 months ago. now i will not even try to run it. why? i may get a weird kick ban, and the end of my ao history.

The post was edited 2 times, last by solventh ().

• Olysja wrote:

I trust the anticheat programs and usually the bans are well deserved. But they only like to know from SBI support team which program gave them the account ban. In a game where you invest a lot of time and money i think it s right to answer their question before confirming the permanban. Goodluck solving your issue guys.
      Remember when Arenanet had the md5 hash of an empty file on their blacklist for an instant permaban and ended up banning hundreds of users, all the while sending copypaste answers to all affected claiming they triple-checked it manually and that they definitely cheated? Yeah, just trust the anticheat.
    • its been 11x24 hours, no answer from EAC ( already sent 2 appeal at 19 and 21 april )
      albion support already reach me but they throw back the issue to EAC,
      summary of my character, 250 mil fame, hard earned silver and bunch of stuff there, some $ spend to skins and premium, tons of time wasted to grind the destiny board ( 1 years since i enter the game, around 2k++ hours in game wasted already, based on steam counter )

now, let me ask about my situation to SBI people who read this, what should i do if you are in my position ?
      play new character ( from 0 and half hearted of course ) while waiting the response ? or get out from this mess once for all and retired for good ? :(
    • Naihtpes wrote:

should i do if you are in my position ?
      Going to play another game, you probably won't get help here, giving bad feedback for AO when someone asks you and just keep going.
      But this situation and how SBI approaches it really strikes me and I think that I will stop any investment (real money) in AO, when I see what could happen and what help I would get ..
    • Blackthron wrote:

Returned to Albion 5 days ago. Played from laptop, played from phone.. got banned after today's maintenance/patch.

Submitted appeal on Anti-Cheat website... anyone knows how long for a reply?

P.S. Never ever used any cheats.
      Hi I am wondering what this company will do to reimburse those that have not broken any rules as if they cannot play a game and are paying premium then they should be refunded those days in premium that they are not able to access the account through a new patch or update it is not good enough to just apologize for being wronged maybe there should be more clarity when this company tries to clear up a mess it has let grow.

G.G.
    • Feels like anticheat do more harm than helps. Atleast there would not be cheaters, but we all can see everyday people dying to 20k fame speedhackers...
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • CassX wrote:

Naihtpes wrote:

should i do if you are in my position ?
      Going to play another game, you probably won't get help here, giving bad feedback for AO when someone asks you and just keep going.But this situation and how SBI approaches it really strikes me and I think that I will stop any investment (real money) in AO, when I see what could happen and what help I would get ..
      looks like i will follow this path, just waiting 3 more days before reach the maximum "RESPONSE TIME" from EAC

how can a big developer anti cheat mechanism ( i consider it big based on how many games they handle, also the "industry-leading anticheat service" )have a crap support like this ? you guys handle many games, yet still cant reach me in almost 2 weeks now ?

and btw there still some speedhacker inside albion until now, and EAC still cant detect it ? nevermind, they just purging random account without explanation to act like they are "defeating" cheater.