QS

• Retroman wrote:

The team is working on a lot of different topics at once. A big proportion of our manpower is always allocated to working on the next content update, so we can have another big update. While we also have to keep an eye on the live game and have to make constant changes on multiple fronts there in patches. Like currently we have changes to Hell Gates, Combat Balance Patch, preparing the Mobile Version for launch, server performance in big fights, Crystal League improvements, changes to the Tutorial, etc already currently in the pipeline.

0:32 This bug exists for more than a year. I don't sure, but if I'm not mistaken - it was when I just start to play. It was +\- 2 years ago. And you don't have time to fix it. The same reproduces with chill howl E, when you freeze out of the circle.
      1:32 Freezes like this are a common behavior of Albion. It is almost in every fight starting from your last update.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Keep the discussion civil. There's different department assigned to animating the environment and your last statement is trolling. ().

• I still don't understand how the knight armor has the same coldawn as the boots

Can you explain why Retroman is not nerfed yet?

That armor is useless, nothing more than to play reset or run, it does not even work for zvz.
      Nerf or rework it

an idea could be that they can only crash once or if you hit the wall your boots ability is reset.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gacox ().

• Retroman

You've made some good points...

IMO the infinite resetting meta is honestly boring, too forgiving on player's mistakes and not healthy from a competitive point of view. Most CDG players abuse this playstyle to their advantage.

Problem I see with QS on CDG is that it is king on this type of playstyle. QS in many other content of the game is perfectly balanced.

There are some suggestions that I think are good, like changing stun run so it you lose the speed buff after stunning, and cartweel balancing could be healthy and not trash the weapon on other types of content.

But... by the end of the day you can't be balancing the game based on 1v1 reset playstyle. IMO changing layout or simply make it so people can't get out of combat when an invasion happens are solutions to consider moving forward...

We already had a lot of balancing focused on CDG and is honestly disheartning for players that play other types of content.

I would love to see implemented that you don't get out of combat after hitting your enemy on CD. It would make it more committing, less forgiving and less cheesy... If this would go forward expect plenty of tears coming from the CDG community about sustain weapons, armor, passives, food!

Cheers,

Mandala
    • @Evas_Flarelight: "Keep the discussion civil. There's different department assigned to animating the environment and your last statement is trolling"

You are wrong. It wasn't trolling. It is just "very important for us" feedback. And please stop thinking that players are idiots. If you have a separate department, who works on such improvements - it means, that you waste some Unity3D developers, QA, etc. capacity for animating an open world. The issue is, after death and loss of loot because of another bug, the player is not in the right conditions to appreciate the new visuals.

A real trolling is when in conditions of years of the same bugs existing, Robin Henkys come to dev talk and say something like: "Hi, Albion online players. I have great news for you. Now a grass will move". What??? Is it a joke?
      Every student knows, bugs, which affect the main functionality always have more priority, than some visual effects. Of course, it visual part and new content is a great point, but it's not necessary, while critical bugs aren't fixed.

2 years! TWO!!!, Karl! I'm not a game-dev and didn't ever work with Unity3D, but I know some C-like languages, including C#, and had some experience in work with OpenGL. Give me two years and even I will fix it. If true, I think that even some students without an exp. will learn Unity3D enough to fix that bug while 2 years. But you still didn't fix it.

Why? How can it be? I have just one idea - you pay too much attention to new content development and don't work enough to make an existing one work properly. The same is about balance. You did CD 8-9 months ago. From that point, we have 1-3 builds, who chokes others and completely dominating at every update and quarterstaff, who abuse infamy and tones of loot from the moment, when QS players understood how to abuse it.

But instead of finishing work on that feature, before starting another one(HG\Fraction wars rework, animations, etc), you just leave it and switch to that. For me and a lot of people around me "Made in Germany" means something like "Made perfect, or close to it". But Albion online makes me doubt it.
      And now Retroman write us, that you are going to reinvent a new square-wheel scratch instead of resolving an issue. This is real trolling.

The post was edited 4 times, last by BackOFF ().

• BackOFF wrote:

- you pay too much attention to new content development and don't work enough to make an existing one work properly.

BackOFF wrote:

But instead of finishing work on that feature, before starting another one(HG\Fraction wars rework, animations, etc), you just leave it and switch to that.

this fucking made my year

guy is complaining about new content
      and about reworking old content while suggesting to work on old one
      yea, you should shut up at this point
    • BackOFF wrote:

@Evas_Flarelight: "Keep the discussion civil. There's different department assigned to animating the environment and your last statement is trolling"

You are wrong. It wasn't trolling. It is just "very important for us" feedback. And please stop thinking that players are idiots. If you have a separate department, who works on such improvements - it means, that you waste some Unity3D developers, QA, etc. capacity for animating an open world. The issue is, after death and loss of loot because of another bug, the player is not in the right conditions to appreciate the new visuals.

A real trolling is when in conditions of years of the same bugs existing, Robin Henkys come to dev talk and say something like: "Hi, Albion online players. I have great news for you. Now a grass will move". What??? Is it a joke?
      Every student knows, bugs, which affect the main functionality always have more priority, than some visual effects. Of course, it visual part and new content is a great point, but it's not necessary, while critical bugs aren't fixed.

2 years! TWO!!!, Karl! I'm not a game-dev and didn't ever work with Unity3D, but I know some C-like languages, including C#, and had some experience in work with OpenGL. Give me two years and even I will fix it. If true, I think that even some students without an exp. will learn Unity3D enough to fix that bug while 2 years. But you still didn't fix it.

Why? How can it be? I have just one idea - you pay too much attention to new content development and don't work enough to make an existing one work properly. The same is about balance. You did CD 8-9 months ago. From that point, we have 1-3 builds, who chokes others and completely dominating at every update and quarterstaff, who abuse infamy and tones of loot from the moment, when QS players understood how to abuse it.

But instead of finishing work on that feature, before starting another one(HG\Fraction wars rework, animations, etc), you just leave it and switch to that. For me and a lot of people around me "Made in Germany" means something like "Made perfect, or close to it". But Albion online makes me doubt it.
      And now Retroman write us, that you are going to reinvent a new square-wheel scratch instead of resolving an issue. This is real trolling.
      Potentially there is good weather in Berlin and something important is on TV but is it not time to fix at least QS? Not in the next patch of balance in q few months but somehow soon??
    • tabooshka wrote:

BackOFF wrote:

- you pay too much attention to new content development and don't work enough to make an existing one work properly.

BackOFF wrote:

But instead of finishing work on that feature, before starting another one(HG\Fraction wars rework, animations, etc), you just leave it and switch to that.
      this fucking made my year

guy is complaining about new content
      and about reworking old content while suggesting to work on old one
      yea, you should shut up at this point
      Finish the first layer of lasanga, instead of putting the missing pasta sheet through the multiple layers you have laid afterwards, ruining the whole thing completely?