QS

• Hey,
      reworking Q and W for Quarterstaff would heavily impact the playstyle of Quarter Staffs in other types of content. The current combat balance changes on Quarter Staffs are meant to tone down a bit in it's ability to easily reset the fight.

However, I guess what many of you are asking for is to remove inifite resets inside of Corrupted Dungeons,... regadless of the items used. We are already discussing internally possible changes of Corrupted Dungeon mechancis in general. For instance by possibly limiting the amount of health that can regenerated during an invasion. i,e 200% of max hitpoints can be regenerated per invasion in total and once this is used up you don't get anymore out of combat regeneration at all.

In general if we want to remove these reset strategies by only tweaking weapons and armors, we would have to change way too much on how the combat plays out in all other content of the game.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey,
      reworking Q and W for Quarterstaff would heavily impact the playstyle of Quarter Staffs in other types of content. The current combat balance changes on Quarter Staffs are meant to tone down a bit in it's ability to easily reset the fight.

However, I guess what many of you are asking for is to remove inifite resets inside of Corrupted Dungeons,... regadless of the items used. We are already discussing internally possible changes of Corrupted Dungeon mechancis in general. For instance by possibly limiting the amount of health that can regenerated during an invasion. i,e 200% of max hitpoints can be regenerated per invasion in total and once this is used up you don't get anymore out of combat regeneration at all.

In general if we want to remove these reset strategies by only tweaking weapons and armors, we would have to change way too much on how the combat plays out in all other content of the game.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Hey, thanks for responding. I think there's another way of fixing the quarterstaff playstyle: Why are you nerfing the weapon, and not the playstyle? (QS)
      Feels bad when you're bad
    • Retroman wrote:

. i,e 200% of max hitpoints can be regenerated per invasion in total
      that will cause something like wispering bow / heavy crossbow kiting sniping strategies...

you made nice lava mechanics in other types of HG but refuse to implement it in corrupted - its very strange.

Retroman wrote:

way too much on how the combat plays out in all other content of the game.
      just fixing knight armor - 1min cd or channeling spell will be huge step to nerf resetting meta.
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey,

Cheers,
      Retro
      Look @Retroman my dear friend, that is one of the major Painpoints of your community.

Definitely you draw the right conclusion : you cannot achieve this by balance items

Then you even have a proper proposal to delimit total health regen during an invasion..

Yet here is the issue. People pay gold for premium and they can expect a proper gaming experience. Bering Grief by infinite reset off QS and other meta is nothing the majority of u customer calls a desired gaming experience..

You cannot do the normal process, the issue of infinite reset exists since beginning of CD

But u still "internally discuss potential solutions"

Why the heck don't u implement this solution and see how it turns out?

People pay for the game, don't come with this in 2 years, hotfix it see how it works

It almost cannot be worse
    • Retroman wrote:

I already mentioned this, but its a good thing that you see this. Attempting to "fix" a reset meta is essentially trying to nerf the way natural combat in this game plays out. It is simply impossible unless you overhaul many other combat systems and certain weapons completely lose its identity.

Retroman wrote:

For instance by possibly limiting the amount of health that can regenerated during an invasion. i,e 200% of max hitpoints can be regenerated per invasion in total and once this is used up you don't get anymore out of combat regeneration at all.
      This would cause more problems than it would fix. I am of the mind that everyone has access to cabbage soup, therefore it is not an issue as no one is at an advantage. The key is to take a look at the level design again. Otherwise you will be going from one problem to the next over and over again.
    • Reef wrote:

just fixing knight armor - 1min cd or channeling spell will be huge step to nerf resetting meta.
      This would just destroy Knight armor. And wind wall is a disengaging tool, This means don't chase and watch your positioning. We have been over this already with the old 2v2 hell-gates and rat builds. I just don't understand why people keep chasing quarterstaffs and refusing to eat cabbage soup when they see its a knight armor quarterstaff.
    • moking wrote:

why people keep chasing quarterstaffs
      And how to kill them other way? I break crystals in CD but its stupid situation when you need to fight him 3 times just to go out this infinite dungeon. They can disengage at almost any mistake and your mistake is lethal.

moking wrote:

wind wall is a disengaging tool
      No. Its controlling tool. For example tank pushing cleric away from group, Or tank closing narrow pass for raid in OW. But it shouldnt be so safe for tank. And it cant be so low cd tool.
    • Retroman wrote:

1. With such artificial measures, you have already killed an open world, turned ZVZ into some kind of circus, etc... I will venture to remind you that you still position the game as a sandbox. There is an opinion, that an idea to create closed instance dungeons was the worst of your features in total. Maybe the best solution is to remove it and make Albion a sandbox again? I know, that you will not admit defeat and roll back so heavy features, but looks like it is the only way to "Make albion great again"(c).
      2. Fully agree with @Trial_hard.You make 2-3 fully dominating weapons at any update. Sometimes it just too strong. Sometimes it is f*king insane. But the main issue - that you allow meta abusers to abuse broken builds for months. As it was with Avalonian holy staff, Tombhammer, etc, as it is with quarterstaff and bear puffs now. If you didn't think about 1x1 balance at the CD release and trying to set up it on a life server, using players as a QA department - at least do more often minor releases with some hot-fixes of urgent issues. I would have been promoted to janitor long ago with such a productivity level.
    • Gacox wrote:

is it as simple as fixing the knight armor? because it lasts about 5 seconds, and has 30 seconds of cooldawn?

I would do if you crash 1 time you can cross, double cooldawn or make the wall smaller so that it is not impossible to cross a street if it is used.
      I don't want your job Retro but Gacox is right..

Example while none of your group members is near (code it group life bar is empty) or your group members are dead you lack the powers to refresh windwall after it has hit a player as fast as normal

Or translation..if not in group cd of windwall is one minute

And this meachnic "while no group member is near" you can use to special adjust all cd content if u don't want to do the lava mechanic or remove cd and make 1 on 1 hg which would be the right thing