Neutralize regen in CDG

• Corrupted Dungeons
    • Neutralize regen in CDG

Armor regen differences, dots making the victim regen later, and bonus regen from food. It heavily encourages a reset meta that is awfully stale as you can get a big outplay, they run away and you have no chance on catching them as they have insane mobility like demon boots/ soldier boots or even gatherer boots. Do we want to run in circles for hours or do we want PvP? I want PvP
      Feels bad when you're bad
    • I... I agree. I hate that i can win a fight, yet loose because enemy runs away while i have bleeds up, and comes back with 100% life when i have 30%, and no big CD's to match their kit.

Im looking at you Quarterstaffs, Bearpaws, curse users.

So i was thinking reg food should be disabled in CD's. The problem is, that probably just makes healers even stronger, and they are already stupid strong in 1v1.

So i agree.... but i just dont know how to handle it. Make it kick in later? I just dont know.

TLDR: I dont mind natural reg, but i hate reg food, but i dont know how to balance it.
    • Wozcrue wrote:

I... I agree. I hate that i can win a fight, yet loose because enemy runs away while i have bleeds up, and comes back with 100% life when i have 30%, and no big CD's to match their kit.

Im looking at you Quarterstaffs, Bearpaws, curse users.

So i was thinking reg food should be disabled in CD's. The problem is, that probably just makes healers even stronger, and they are already stupid strong in 1v1.

So i agree.... but i just dont know how to handle it. Make it kick in later? I just dont know.

TLDR: I dont mind natural reg, but i hate reg food, but i dont know how to balance it.
      Druidic was nerfed because of it's run-or-die counterplay for most classes in the game, yet hallowfall/divine roams free! i think healing sickness should get a rework to deal with the current healer situation..
      regen should be addressed urgently as I've just faced 8 quarterstaffs out of 20 dungeons! this will probably only increase as long as no action is taken.. (kinda like tombhammer)
    • Armor regen does not need to be normalized. It would completely mess with the balance of the game. Plate , specifically knight armor relies on its regen for many support builds. Cloth already has enough base stats it does not need relative base regen as well that is just silly. The regen as it stands for all armor pieces is perfectly balanced.

This is why i have issues with corrupted dungeons being added to the game. Its like balancing around the old rat 1v 2 build in the old hell gates. So ridiculous. I never seen the dev's or the community ask for nerfs to plate armor and disabling of regen food at the height of the rat meta in 2v2 hell gates.

Regen food being disabled because people reset 24/7 in CD's i can understand. But every single player in the game has the ability to eat cabbage soup. Food swaps are a thing for a reason. Not to mention most CD players reset , even the players complaining about it do it, as it is a natural part of the game, as not all weapons are balanced around toe to toe combat. It is unfortunate, but it is the only way to make 1v1 in Albion work.

If the dev's wanted to tweak wind wall for CD's specifically, go ahead. Just leave it alone for the rest of the game, as it is not op, it performs it's job well and no one asked for a 1v1 mode to be added to this game. It should not have to suffer for CD players .

Back to the topic of regen food, if you disable regen food because it allows players to regen out of combat, then how long will it be until we are disabling beef stew, pork omlette etc.. [insert advantage here]

Its funny the exact layout of corrupted dungeons is the issue , not the regen food. We figured this out a loong time ago with the rat meta in 2v2 hell gates. Where the rat would just run in circles and regen health, over and over again.

Unless retroman goes through every single weapon in the game and does near perfect balance changes ,then regen food in CD's will be here to stay as it should be , as no game design can be perfect. What's next will we disable quarterstaffs? because if you think quarterstaffs will be so fundamentally changed specifically for CD's your out of your mind. I hate dealing with the god awful meta as well, that's why i break crystals when i see them.

I would understand if it was just the quarterstaff, and other reset weapons being the problem, but it is many game mechanics that were simply not tuned for 1v1.Jonah veil predicted this nonsense and no one listened. And now here we are talking about disabling items for an instanced game mode in a supposed open world sandbox pvp game. Absolutely ridiculous.
    • moking wrote:

Armor regen does not need to be normalized. It would completely mess with the balance of the game. Plate , specifically knight armor relies on its regen for many support builds. Cloth already has enough base stats it does not need relative base regen as well that is just silly. The regen as it stands for all armor pieces is perfectly balanced.

This is why i have issues with corrupted dungeons being added to the game. Its like balancing around the old rat 1v 2 build in the old hell gates. So ridiculous. I never seen the dev's or the community ask for nerfs to plate armor and disabling of regen food at the height of the rat meta in 2v2 hell gates.

Regen food being disabled because people reset 24/7 in CD's i can understand. But every single player in the game has the ability to eat cabbage soup. Food swaps are a thing for a reason. Not to mention most CD players reset , even the players complaining about it do it, as it is a natural part of the game, as not all weapons are balanced around toe to toe combat. It is unfortunate, but it is the only way to make 1v1 in Albion work.

If the dev's wanted to tweak wind wall for CD's specifically, go ahead. Just leave it alone for the rest of the game, as it is not op, it performs it's job well and no one asked for a 1v1 mode to be added to this game. It should not have to suffer for CD players .

Back to the topic of regen food, if you disable regen food because it allows players to regen out of combat, then how long will it be until we are disabling beef stew, pork omlette etc.. [insert advantage here]

Its funny the exact layout of corrupted dungeons is the issue , not the regen food. We figured this out a loong time ago with the rat meta in 2v2 hell gates. Where the rat would just run in circles and regen health, over and over again.

Unless retroman goes through every single weapon in the game and does near perfect balance changes ,then regen food in CD's will be here to stay as it should be , as no game design can be perfect. What's next will we disable quarterstaffs? because if you think quarterstaffs will be so fundamentally changed specifically for CD's your out of your mind. I hate dealing with the god awful meta as well, that's why i break crystals when i see them.

I would understand if it was just the quarterstaff, and other reset weapons being the problem, but it is many game mechanics that were simply not tuned for 1v1.Jonah veil predicted this nonsense and no one listened. And now here we are talking about disabling items for an instanced game mode in a supposed open world sandbox pvp game. Absolutely ridiculous.
      How would regen differences in armor mess with the games balance? which content?

With 8/20 people in CDG being quarterstaffs, and way more people playing CDG than hellgates, it's obvious why it's being brought up again, no?

The problem with regen food was never that people are resetting, just that they are resetting faster. and yes everyone has the ability to eat cabbage soup, yet the high tier players aren't going to be wasting their 200k food every engage the QS decides to cheese them.

you really think normal food is as unbalanced as regen food? wut

Yet changing the loadout would probably mean you're facing a guardian boots double merc / any full defensive build, fun?

I don't get it, why should everything be viable in 1v1? quarterstaff clearly wasn't meant for 1v1, since it relies on several layers of cheese. making regen food useless in PvP means most QS rats will stop playing it, i think normal QS could have a nice spot in small scale, yet people see it as a CDG rat weapon.

Sure, you can break crystals! yet ratting 8/20 dungeons shouldn't have to be a thing, i want 15/20 fights at the least.
    • Derizo wrote:

How would regen differences in armor mess with the games balance? which content?
      One of the appealing factors of plate is suppose to be its survivability, survivability comes in two folds. Resistances and effective health. The effective health of knight armor is very high. Due to the healing out of combat at a higher rate, and its unique identity of being a peeling item (Windwall). This naturally allows plate users alongside low damaging weapons' (which are often tank weapons) to reposition and survive when healers die. In the open world this is crucial. If cloth could have the same Access to this survivability, you could never punish them, and healers specifically would be immortal gods.

This would mean cloth users would have access to.

The best damage in the game, the highest base mana regen, relatively high health regen as everything would be normalized, highest heal value.

Now add any health recovery abilities and items, weather that be through food or something as small as rejuvenating sprint which scales with healing power and you have effectively removed not only plate , but now have heavily nerfed leather in many group dynamics. Its the same reason why devs don't normalize mana regen, it may seem like an insignificant thing, but it will snowball the game in a very stale direction. One that we have actually experienced before in beta 2 and beta 1. Where normalization ruined player choice as power was funneled into one specific amour piece (Light plate).

Derizo wrote:

With 8/20 people in CDG being quarterstaffs, and way more people playing CDG than hellgates, it's obvious why it's being brought up again, no?
      True, however, no one asked for Regen food to be disabled in old 2v2 hellgates. Despite the number one abuser of it, ironically being Quaterstaff + one shot dps. Run in circles reset playstyle and the knight armor rats builds. This was mainly due to players just eating cabbage soup to match their regen.

But the major difference here being in hellgates we did not have to deal with tight spaces, infinite perfect circles with traps everywhere. Its the reason why whenever i fight a quarter staff in CD's i eat cabbage soup then go break crystals. Its the same strategy as old hellgates, where you don't engage with the rat and it cant kill you, unless it can one shot you, which quarterstaff can not do. Does it suck for pvp, of course. But again unless you are willing to fundamentally change the identity of quarterstaffs its never going away. And if it ever does then the other rat builds will simply replace it.

Derizo wrote:

I don't get it, why should everything be viable in 1v1? quarterstaff clearly wasn't meant for 1v1, since it relies on several layers of cheese. making regen food useless in PvP means most QS rats will stop playing it, i think normal QS could have a nice spot in small scale, yet people see it as a CDG rat weapon.
      Not everything should be balanced around 1v1, but 1v1 should have never been interjected into a game like Albion. I for instance, dont think healers should be able to defend themselves period. But this is Albion and we knew what item combinations could do to a 1v1 game mode, which is the reason why no one asked for it.

Derizo wrote:

Regen food is normal food. It is balanced as you need to be out of combat to regen at all. And the concept of unbalanced is relative to your problem. Which is why i said [ insert advantage here]. Quarterstaff players wont just stop because regen food is disabled, as that is one issue in a mountain of many. Its like playing wack a mole.

I would put it simply , instead of trying to change all of these systems and playing wack a mole. What if we all woke up tomorrow and the CD's map and overall level designed was changed. I could assure you 90 percent of these problems would go away. Just look at the current new hellgates. You don't see any of these issues. Despite some of them being present in the old hellgate map.
    • moking wrote:

Derizo wrote:

One of the appealing factors of plate is suppose to be its survivability, survivability comes in two folds. Resistances and effective health. The effective health of knight armor is very high. Due to the healing out of combat at a higher rate, and its unique identity of being a peeling item (Windwall). This naturally allows plate users alongside low damaging weapons' (which are often tank weapons) to reposition and survive when healers die. In the open world this is crucial. If cloth could have the same Access to this survivability, you could never punish them, and healers specifically would be immortal gods.

The best damage in the game, the highest base mana regen, relatively high health regen as everything would be normalized, highest heal value.

Now add any health recovery abilities and items, weather that be through food or something as small as rejuvenating sprint which scales with healing power and you have effectively removed not only plate , but now have heavily nerfed leather in many group dynamics. Its the same reason why devs don't normalize mana regen, it may seem like an insignificant thing, but it will snowball the game in a very stale direction. One that we have actually experienced before in beta 2 and beta 1. Where normalization ruined player choice as power was funneled into one specific amour piece (Light plate).

Derizo wrote:

True, however, no one asked for Regen food to be disabled in old 2v2 hellgates. Despite the number one abuser of it, ironically being Quaterstaff + one shot dps. Run in circles reset playstyle and the knight armor rats builds. This was mainly due to players just eating cabbage soup to match their regen.
      But the major difference here being in hellgates we did not have to deal with tight spaces, infinite perfect circles with traps everywhere. Its the reason why whenever i fight a quarter staff in CD's i eat cabbage soup then go break crystals. Its the same strategy as old hellgates, where you don't engage with the rat and it cant kill you, unless it can one shot you, which quarterstaff can not do. Does it suck for pvp, of course. But again unless you are willing to fundamentally change the identity of quarterstaffs its never going away. And if it ever does then the other rat builds will simply replace it.

Derizo wrote:

Not everything should be balanced around 1v1, but 1v1 should have never been interjected into a game like Albion. I for instance, dont think healers should be able to defend themselves period. But this is Albion and we knew what item combinations could do to a 1v1 game mode, which is the reason why no one asked for it.

Derizo wrote:

Regen food is normal food. It is balanced as you need to be out of combat to regen at all. And the concept of unbalanced is relative to your problem. Which is why i said [ insert advantage here]. Quarterstaff players wont just stop because regen food is disabled, as that is one issue in a mountain of many. Its like playing wack a mole.
      I would put it simply , instead of trying to change all of these systems and playing wack a mole. What if we all woke up tomorrow and the CD's map and overall level designed was changed. I could assure you 90 percent of these problems would go away. Just look at the current new hellgates. You don't see any of these issues. Despite some of them being present in the old hellgate map.
      could be even easier

Imagine the hg map is for 1on1 mobs stay on invasion and Lava comes

And all the balance issue with reset mobility etc is gone
    • moking wrote:

Due to the healing out of combat at a higher rate, and its unique identity of being a peeling item (Windwall). This naturally allows plate users alongside low damaging weapons' (which are often tank weapons) to reposition and survive when healers die. In the open world this is crucial. If cloth could have the same Access to this survivability, you could never punish them, and healers specifically would be immortal gods.
      I've literally never heard of a build relying on plate regen outside of CD cheese, could you show any video of this in action?

Also I don't think the answer is to give cloth the same regen as plate. Lower plate regen to cloth, or meet somewhere in the middle.

moking wrote:

The best damage/heal in the game, the highest base mana regen
      Yes cloth has the strongest damage or heal, and the most mana.

Plate has the most resistances, and the longest CC duration. (Plus a bonus passive but we'll ignore that since it's just PvE). But also super fast HP regen, which doesn't really matter except for cheese builds.

That's the trade offs. And remember, even if plate/cloth regen at the same rate, the plate is still ahead. Because every health point a plate user has is worth far more then a cloth user, due to their high resistances.
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

I've literally never heard of a build relying on plate regen outside of CD cheese, could you show any video of this in action?

Also I don't think the answer is to give cloth the same regen as plate. Lower plate regen to cloth, or meet somewhere in the middle.
      There are no builds in Albion that are based around any tertiary stats. We build based on ability interactions. Hence the reason why i never covered any builds, i simply stated why health regen plays an important role in a tanks survivability by increasing their effective health and allowing them to survive in absence of a healer, but that's just one aspect of thousands if you factor in group or solo dynamics.

Lowering it to cloth? no then you may as well increase all of its tertiary stats to the same as cloth. Regen was added to plate in this way specifically because cloth and leather was out performing plate for so many years. The main culprit of course was cloth. People crying about plate health regen are strictly CD players.

FriendlyFire wrote:

That's the trade offs. And remember, even if plate/cloth regen at the same rate, the plate is still ahead. Because every health point a plate user has is worth far more then a cloth user, due to their high resistances.
      If they regen at the same rate , plate would not pull ahead that's not how math works nor is that how effective health works. The resistances only matter if the regen of plate is significantly higher than the regen of cloth. It cant be the same. We know this because we have already seen it prior to the Regen buff that was given to plate a long time go.

Also you must consider the resistance cap in this game, the damage reduction plus resistances , and the damage reduction plus cloth, vs the damage reduction plus Extra health.

Allow me to explain further, there are caps in this game that when you factor in the differences of plate vs cloth, causes cloth to pull ahead tremendously the higher the spec of the cloth user. That is why the smaller the fight gets the tankeir a cloth becomes when compared to plate. That's why plate users struggle to 1v1 cloth users, it has been this way for decades before CD's were added to the game. Now we want to make plate even weaker ? lol no.This is also the reason why bruisers have never been meta in 2v2 hellgates.

Now lets look at damage reduction vs cloth. When damage reduction is paired with cloth you gain more benefits than if a plate user were to attempt to stack it. That is why shields in particular are seen so much on cloth users in 5v5 for example. That paired with good native ip a healer or a crossbow will be very hard to kill. Now lets look at health. When you pair health + resistances, you gain effective health. Which is why most tanks prefer not a shield as offhand but more cc / more cooldown/ more health through food + taproot in some cases.

Now lets remember what i said about cloth getting fairly close to those caps the higher the native ip. Then lets apply this to a soft capped/hard capped environment such as CD'S. What we get is an armor piece, cloth, that can always 1v1 a plate user with near equal effective health, due to the enormous amount of damage it does and its ability to regen mana and the normalization of health.

If you were to make the health regen of both plate and cloth the same or close to each other, you would be effectively funneling all power to cloth users as a result.

Now do you understand why The cloth + taproot meta popped up in CD's at some point? How would you feel if i said we should normalize cloth mana regen and make it closer to plate? Because if you think a change targeting health regen is insignificant to the balance of the game, then surely this would not bother you as well.

This is what I'm talking about, we would have to fundamentally alter the structure of combat every where just to placate to CD players ego. That is too many systems and you would just cause more issues down the line, instead of just changing corrupted dungeons level design.
    • moking wrote:

Hence the reason why i never covered any builds, i simply stated why health regen plays an important role in a tanks survivability by increasing their effective health and allowing them to survive in absence of a healer
      You understand the bonus health regen we are talking about is out-of-combat regen, right? It does nothing to increase effective health, which is how much damage you can take.

moking wrote:

If they regen at the same rate , plate would not pull ahead that's not how math works nor is that how effective health works.
      That is exactly how it works. If both armors regen 500 Hp, it will take more damage to remove that 500 Hp on a plate user, because their armor/resistances makes the effective HP of those 500 hitpoints higher.

moking wrote:

That is why the smaller the fight gets the tankeir a cloth becomes when compared to plate. That's why plate users struggle to 1v1 cloth users, it has been this way for decades before CD's were added to the game.
      Uh, what? Plate is literally the most used armor type in high-infamy CDs. Try looking at the infamy boards? People struggle to 1v1 plates. Besides for mercenary jacket with its large heal, its very difficult for other armor types to man-fight a plate user. Cloth and leather builds generally rely on avoiding damage through kiting or damage-mitigating abilities. Just trading hits, plate has the advantage.

Of course, plate is also incredibly strong for kite and hit-and-run play styles as well.

moking wrote:

When damage reduction is paired with cloth you gain more benefits than if a plate user were to attempt to stack it.
      This is correct. In the same way, a plate user gets more advantage from a beef stew's damage increase then a cloth user. This is not some unique weakness of plate.

moking wrote:

This is what I'm talking about, we would have to fundamentally alter the structure of combat every where just to placate to CD players ego.
      Again, no. We are talking about out-of-combat healing. Group content uses healers which makes this passive healing irrelevant. Unless you're talking about gank groups or something that doesn't need healing.

You're refusal to provide any other scenario where this matters is evidence that it doesn't. It's just a random stat that hardly comes into effect except for certain cheese builds in CDs.

If a player wants to rely on out-of-combat healing to wear down an opponent, they should at least have to sacrifice their food slot for it.
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

This is correct. In the same way, a plate user gets more advantage from a beef stew's damage increase then a cloth user. This is not some unique weakness of plate
      LOL no. Plate does not get more benefit from beet stew than cloth. What are you smoking. Damage only caps out through actives, other than that you can stack as you please. This just shows that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the pros and cons of plate vs cloth.

FriendlyFire wrote:

Uh, what? Plate is literally the most used armor type in high-infamy CDs. Try looking at the infamy boards? People struggle to 1v1 plates.
      Plate cant beat anyone in 1v1 unless you literally have a potatoes for a brain. Why do you think they run away and reset? because they cant out damage you. You talking about a corrupted dungeon leaderboard,, how about you look at the past 5 years worth of meta that has always been dominated by cloth and plate having zero presence in the open world as a 1v1 option. Even soldier armor ceased to exist at one point due to the obvious power advantage cloth and leather have over plate.

FriendlyFire wrote:

Again, no. We are talking about out-of-combat healing. Group content uses healers which makes this passive healing irrelevant. Unless you're talking about gank groups or something that doesn't need healing.
      Of course we are talking about out of combat healing. Where in my statement did i suggest otherwise? And when i state group dynamics and solo play, tertiary stats play a huge role in the combat balancing between the armors when you factor in literally everything that i typed before, that you just so happen to ignore.

FriendlyFire wrote:

That is exactly how it works. If both armors regen 500 Hp, it will take more damage to remove that 500 Hp on a plate user, because their armor/resistances makes the effective HP of those 500 hitpoints higher.
      Reminder we are talking about out of combat health regen LUL. So no that's not how it works. Your literally contradicting yourself.

FriendlyFire wrote:

If a player wants to rely on out-of-combat healing to wear down an opponent, they should at least have to sacrifice their food slot for it.
      Hmm ...Its almost like the people complaining about plate regen and out of combat regen need to sacrifice eating their damage food and slotting in a cabbage soup..hmmmm.

FriendlyFire wrote:

You're refusal to provide any other scenario where this matters is evidence that it doesn't.
      This just further proves you don't understand the game. You see something that when sits atop a snowy hill is just a small snowball. Then someone pushes it down the hill, but your brain only comprehends the fact that its still just a small object.

Watch and learn - Can you give me an example of any scenario where normalizing cloth mana regen to plate would damage the balance of the game? because fuck it right , they can just use mana pots, or scholar cowl, or scholar robe, or lythm cape {Insert mana regen item here}.Using your short sighted logic its an insignificant stat, and why should these armors be allowed to regen mana at a faster rate, with weapons' that have built in mana on hit and lower mana cost ???? right ??

Armors:
      • Plate Armors Now have an additional 200% Health Regen Bonus out of combat
      • Threat Bonus Factors:
        • Soldier Armor: 1.4 -> 4
        • Knight Armor: 1.45 -> 4.25
        • Guardian Armor: 1.5 -> 4.5
        • Removed the Threat Bonus from all Cloth- & Leather Armor
      This was from the joseph update in 2017.That is 4 years plate regen has been a thing since we moved away from the normalization meta that was ruining the game. For 4 years it has never been an issue. Nor has people resetting fights been a problem, because that is literally natural gameplay. You people are literally trying to police player behavior because you want some type of Dueling circle to appear in your corrupted dungeons to tether people to your character so you can stroke your own ego.

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT LISTEN WELL.PLATE HAS NEVER BEEN THE PROBLEM, IT IS THE LAYOUT OF THE CORRUPTED DUNGEONS.YOU CAN NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM DISENGAGING A FIGHT IF THEY DONT WANT TO FIGHT YOU, IT IS WELL IN THIER RIGHT TO REGEN THEIR HEALTH AS NOT ALL WEPAONS CAN FIGHT TOE TO TOE FLAWLESSLY.THERE MUST BE ROOM FOR AN EB AND FLOW IN COMBAT.
    • moking wrote:

Plate does not get more benefit from beet stew than cloth.
      Let me explain it real slowly for you. Let's say both players have the same weapon whose Q does 100 damage, and we have some food that gives you 10% damage bonus. (Nice round numbers).

Plate user starts with 0% damage bonus: Eats food, damage goes from 100 -> 110. A 10% increase. Simple

Cloth user starts with 150% damage bonus, so the ability does 150 damage before the food. After eating the food, the total damage bonus goes to 160%, and damage goes from 150 -> 160. A 6.66% increase.

Since damage bonus is additive, not multiplicative, stacking more and more damage becomes less effective. The real increase to your damage output per bonus drops off as your damage bonus increases. Now, almost all stats in albion have some type of dimensioning return like this. I'm not saying cloth is uniquely disadvantaged here, but neither is plate.

moking wrote:

Plate cant beat anyone in 1v1 unless you literally have a potatoes for a brain. Why do you think they run away and reset? because they cant out damage you.
      I guess all high infamy players are secretly potatoes? You can't win fights by just running and resetting. They do kill people.

moking wrote:

You talking about a corrupted dungeon leaderboard,, how about you look at the past 5 years worth of meta that has always been dominated by cloth and plate having zero presence in the open world as a 1v1 option.
      The meta dominated by leather, not cloth, for its cooldown reduction? It's not like plate's regen matters in open-world combat. Because if you go to reset, the other player can easily mount up and head out. There's no healing fast and diving back in while they are still half HP.

moking wrote:

Reminder we are talking about out of combat health regen LUL. So no that's not how it works. Your literally contradicting yourself.
      Do you not play this game? This is exactly what happens. Plate users will separate, regen super fast, and dive back in after healing before their opponent fully heals. This is a viable strategy exclusively in CDs. In the hypothetical where plate's don't have bonus regen, they still gain an advantage doing this, due to higher resistances making the same healing more effective. The advantage is just not as extreme.

moking wrote:

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT LISTEN WELL.PLATE HAS NEVER BEEN THE PROBLEM, IT IS THE LAYOUT OF THE CORRUPTED DUNGEONS.YOU CAN NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM DISENGAGING A FIGHT IF THEY DONT WANT TO FIGHT YOU, IT IS WELL IN THIER RIGHT TO REGEN THEIR HEALTH AS NOT ALL WEPAONS CAN FIGHT TOE TO TOE FLAWLESSLY.THERE MUST BE ROOM FOR AN EB AND FLOW IN COMBAT.
      This is not "eb and flow of combat", we are literally talking about abusing out-of-combat mechanics to win a fight. It's silly, and can only happen in CDs, which is why it was not a problem before.

I mean, if they listen to you and fix CD's, it would resolve the issue as well. The effect would be the same as if the regen bonus was removed, because it wouldn't matter anymore. As you have admitted, there's no other place where the out-of-combat regen is relevant to PvP. So whether they remove the bonus regen, or remove the one context it can be abused, the result is the same. I'm fine with either.
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

I'm not saying cloth is uniquely disadvantaged here, but neither is plate.

FriendlyFire wrote:

plate user gets more advantage from a beef stew's damage increase then a cloth user
      LUL. Do i even even need to say anything .And yes the math is additive, but even a 6 percent increase on a cloth, which already has high base stats is huge in the world of Albion.

you don't have to guess at any of this, because you don't see tanks or anyone who chooses to wear plate for pvp slotting in Beef stew. Hey guys where are all of my guardian armor beef stew players at LUL.

FriendlyFire wrote:

If a player wants to rely on out-of-combat healing to wear down an opponent,

FriendlyFire wrote:

we are literally talking about abusing out-of-combat mechanics to win a fight

FriendlyFire wrote:

You can't win fights by just running and resetting
      Lol. Do i even need to say anything. But seriously though, yes most high infamy players dying to quarterstaff are potatoes, not because they are bad at the game , but because they need to check their ego and control their autism. They literally refuse to eat regen food, and chooses to fight them in mobs and traps. I have seen this continuously happen.

And yes a quarterstaff can not kill you if you literally refuse to chase them, you can afk with your hands off the keyboard and they will not touch you. You now why? because they do not have the damage to out trade you, unless you are very bad at the game. Or you consciously choose not to eat regen food.

FriendlyFire wrote:

I mean, if they listen to you and fix CD's, it would resolve the issue as well. The effect would be the same as if the regen bonus was removed, because it wouldn't matter anymore
      No the effect would not be the same, as those playstyles and the natural eb and flow of combat would still exist. The only difference here being is the fight wont be an infinite loop. Regen food would matter less, but could still win you a fight through properly resetting and spacing from your opponent. If what I'm saying sounds familiar to you it should. Because I'm literally describing the current 2v2 hell-gate map. And how the level design fixes all of the old problems of the previous 2v2 hell-gates, without attempting to delete items and overhaul mechanics from the game, that would have unforeseen consequences.

The old problems of the 2v2 hell-gates are literally the current issues in CD's. Its honestly baffling how history repeats itself. And again, even then the 2v2 community knew not to chase rats and clear the mobs, pop regen food and bait them to trade with you. Hell even the builds are the same. Or very close.
    • Im not that smart and looking forward person like people above so i will ask some simple questions.

QS players don't have damage to one shot you right? They have to run away and use regen adventage for win right? So whats the problem with not playing their game? Someone said it is problematic to eat hp regen food cuz other food buff for "200k" will get replaced everytime you meet QS player i mean ask your self what is worse lose 200k cuz of switching food or lose your entire inventory cuz of dying.

I don't understand why you wanna delete hp regen in CD when you can just use hp regen food as well and simply destroy crystals. Im not high infame CD player but as a 250k infame player on the middle level i think QS is not op enough to nerf / disable hp regen in CD

In my opinion nice change will be removing / reducing value / reducing duration of bonus movement speed on QS W ( i don't know english name of this spell it have yellow icon ). After this change people will have more time to run away from QS and clear mob or 2 to clear road to crystal cuz running throught mobs is like suiciding vs QS. If you show QS player you are smart enough he will probably start destroying crystals on other side of map cuz he have no damage to one shot. He could also stop reseting fight and try to all in but thats no longer problem of hp regen so we shouldn't talk about this scenario.

Tomperon wrote:

So, you respawn near dogs and got half HP. You doomed?
      I could be wrong but i think in most cases you are spawned far enough from enemy player to run to cleared space and regen with hp regen food before enemy can force you to fight. At least when im geting dived im meeting enemy in cleared zone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Verest ().

• Verest wrote:

I don't understand why you wanna delete hp regen in CD when you can just use hp regen food as well and simply destroy crystals. Im not high infame CD player but as a 250k infame player on the middle level i think QS is not op enough to nerf / disable hp regen in CD
      You will anyways had -120-140% HP Regen with cabbage soup if you are cloth, compared to a plate armor player.

If you can read this post, its the same than this but with correct argumentation.
      : Plate Regen. Argumented