Nickname

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ArchRice wrote:

This is the first thing I did.
    First, I turned to Russian support, they practically was rude at me, I realized that nothing good would come of it, and then I turned to English support - they told me that they were powerless and could not help
    Then that official answer you requested from support has been given
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

ArchRice wrote:

This is the first thing I did.
    First, I turned to Russian support, they practically was rude at me, I realized that nothing good would come of it, and then I turned to English support - they told me that they were powerless and could not help
    Then that official answer you requested from support has been given
    From support, but not from developers.
    It all looks like some kind of prank. How can developers ignore such a useful function.
  • New

ArchRice wrote:

Hello dear Albion developers!
    When I started playing this game a year ago, I could not even imagine that this game has a huge ARCH alliance, which is famous for its meanness, and everyone dislikes him, so I made the name of my character - ArchRice. Now, after a year of playing, I no longer have enough nerves, all players associate my nickname with this alliance, and therefore I face rudeness and bullying from ordinary players.
    Please, please create an opportunity to change character name! I can’t put up with it anymore, I’m really tired of hearing offensive jokes and bullying about the nickname in my direction.
    I ask you to treat my problem with understanding and all seriousness!

As previously stated by the developers in another similar post (see below) there are no plans to introduce a name change feature.

Mytherceria wrote:

Potential wrote:

Add a Name Change to the game :(
    Hi @Potential, we won't be implementing this, as @Elsa explained in a previous post:

Elsa wrote:

Your name carries a certain reputation as everything you do affects other players - whether in a positive or negative way. Because of that, your name is important to all players, not just yourself and we don't have plans to let players to change their character names.

• New

SHARKY wrote:

ArchRice wrote:

When I started playing this game a year ago, I could not even imagine that this game has a huge ARCH alliance, which is famous for its meanness, and everyone dislikes him, so I made the name of my character - ArchRice. Now, after a year of playing, I no longer have enough nerves, all players associate my nickname with this alliance, and therefore I face rudeness and bullying from ordinary players.
    Please, please create an opportunity to change character name! I can’t put up with it anymore, I’m really tired of hearing offensive jokes and bullying about the nickname in my direction.
    As previously stated by the developers in another similar post (see below) there are no plans to introduce a name change feature.

Mytherceria wrote:

Potential wrote:

Add a Name Change to the game :(
    Hi @Potential, we won't be implementing this, as @Elsa explained in a previous post:

Elsa wrote:

Your name carries a certain reputation as everything you do affects other players - whether in a positive or negative way. Because of that, your name is important to all players, not just yourself and we don't have plans to let players to change their character names.

That topic dates from 2019, now it's 2021 on the street.
    It is likely that during this time the views of the developers have become more modern! (I believe in this)

As said earlier - you can make a history of nicknames in your account right next to the line with the fame, implement it as in Steam!
    I can't figure out where the problem is.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ArchRice ().

• New

ArchRice wrote:

Upd 2021.05.04 - Especially for those who are worried about the reputation of a nickname - devs can make a history of nicknames in your account right next to the line with the fame, implement it as in Steam, but without the opportunity to clear nickname history! It is extremely easy to do.
    And you can make this function worth 5000 gold to withdraw silver from the game. It can also be done so that the nickname can be changed only a limited number of times - for example only 5 times for 1 character.
    Please we need this function!!

Updated the first post.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ArchRice ().

• New

ArchRice wrote:

That topic dates from 2019, now it's 2021 on the street.
    It is likely that during this time the views of the developers have become more modern!
    Id argue that the developers views ARE more modern in not implementing a name change feature. Its a lazy thoughtless mechanic that would be abused as per reasons already stated inn this thread. Its. Not. Happening.

I dont want to have to go into steam, or any other in game sub menu to look at a players name and check for pseudonyms. I want to recognise names I need to be aware of at a glance, on the fly.

Its a no from me.
    Midgard
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • New

Blenfjorn wrote:

You can "up" this post till the cows come home. They said 1000 times they aren't adding this feature. Too many scammers in the game who can take advantage of this feature if it is added. Sorry you picked such a bad name. If you don't like it, make a new character.
    Albion is only game where scammers are HEROES..
    how many robbers etc.. these people are still in game inside "top" guilds :)
    even Robinhood made video how he robbed MG, he is official AO caster.

that argue is just weak.

The post was edited 2 times, last by UNFM ().

• New

UNFM wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

You can "up" this post till the cows come home. They said 1000 times they aren't adding this feature. Too many scammers in the game who can take advantage of this feature if it is added. Sorry you picked such a bad name. If you don't like it, make a new character.
    Albion is only game where scammers are HEROES..how many robbers etc.. these people are still in game inside "top" guilds :)
    even Robinhood made video how he robbed MG, he is official AO caster.

that argue is just weak.
    That's right.
  • New

It doesn't matter if you think the argument is weak. They devs said they will not be doing it for this exact reason. Do you all think you are the first to suggest this? The idea has been posted for years and shot down every time. This topic should be closed for redundancy instead of shamelessly bumped over and over.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• New

ArchRice wrote:

That topic dates from 2019, now it's 2021 on the street.It is likely that during this time the views of the developers have become more modern! (I believe in this)

As said earlier - you can make a history of nicknames in your account right next to the line with the fame, implement it as in Steam!
    I can't figure out where the problem is.
    The developer's stance has been the same since the game was conceptualized, it's the intended design. Please take note of the quotes SHARKY shared, thanks.

~Evas_Flarelight
  • New

ArchRice wrote:

I don't believe the words of two years ago.
    Now 2021 and I hope devs changed their view on it.
    I’d the devs had changed their mind in this topic, then they would have either implemented it, or states their intention to implement it.

They haven’t. Not happening. You’re in denial.
    Midgard
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • New

xGunner wrote:

I dont see why not tbh, just do like the skins that u can only buy for real money
    You don't see why not? Why not has already been explained, in this thread, as well as others. They want people to have accountability for their actions. You can't steal a billion silver from your guild, then change your name, and repeat. Got it? THAT'S WHY NOT!!! For like the 1,000th time!