Reason why crafting is not profitable (unless)

    • Economy
    • Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Labours was a mistake.

      When i used to do labours, and i didn't do a lot, only 15 in 2 cities, I got a bunch of resources, each day, for "free"

      Now imagine people doing this with 100, 200, 300 labours.

      This and people legit having multiple alts for refining and multiple alts for differente items to craft while spam crafting, is why the market is what it is now, it's a shame.

      Honestly think they should remove labours from the game, or change how they work.
      Eh...How do I explain this: You havev to fill books EVERYTIME you craft. This is not an "optional step". Labourer mechanics are what makes crafting profiteable in the first place.The market adjusted itself to rely on Labourers + Focus crafting to make profit, so, if you remove one of those parts from the equation, the market values would just adjust at the new reality, making everything look exactly the same por crafters: variable margins around 6-20%.When people understands that "if you gathered it yourself, IS NOT FREE" "If you refined it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If you crafted it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If you farmed it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If your labourer brought if back, IS NOT FREE", maybe market will stop having such weird anomalities. Why I say "Is not free" so much? 2 things: 1. Oportunity Cost: Every item you have in your hands that can be sold has a COST, that if you sell it, can earn, or you can use it and hopefully get it be worth more. Focus applies to oportunity cost too: Is a limited resource that has POTENTIAL VALUE. 2: Time cost: I don't know about you guys (not answering the quote here, more of a generality) but, if you spend hours gathering to say something is free, or hours giving away journals/planting seeds/transporting resources, repeat with me "Is NOT free", since a. You spent your own time, and b. Your time has potential value too, since instead of gatherting T4 for 1 hour for 300k profit maybe you could have farmed essence for 600k an hour.
      So, TLDR: "IS NOT FREE"
      You can legit buy books - give to labours and make profit. Labours was a mistake.
      You know why you can do that? Because to setup the labourers you need to spend silver, and then to use them you need to spend TIME.Is a great system wich makes the economy be way more vivid than plain crafting.
      Oh WOW! You have to spend time?! Man, when I'm out gathering, time just freeze!It's not a great system, people that have funds, either from swiping or from playing a while can easly setup a empire of labours that give them great return.

      Further on that, sure it takes time, but so does EVERY OTHER ACTION IN THE GAME, and labours are 100% Easy safe non-gankable with return of investment.

      It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather simple.
      Why? :) I enjoy labourers, you enjoy gathering. You spend your time gathering, I enjoy my money in laborers.
      Of Course you enjoy labourers, who wouldn't enjoy a 100% safe gathering spot with nice return for lazy work.

      And the point is "It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather"

      You really think it's healthy gameplay to have labours being better then just going out to gather? When gathering is unsafe and high risk?
    • Alysandra wrote:

      And the point is "It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather"
      When you have to spend 100s of millions or billions of silver to go gather. Then your argument will make sense.

      But, in Albion anyone can just go out the gate of a city and just pick resources up off the ground. So comparing that to spending piles of silver and time to setup, and then even more time and silver for journals and riding around clicking things, doesn't make as much sense as you are pretending.

      And what do you get with an Albion free of laborers? You get more crafting alts. Because instead of crafting being balanced against laborers and focus, now there is no balance at all. So only premium players need apply.

      Very fair, very fun. <----- Sarcasm
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      And the point is "It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather"
      When you have to spend 100s of millions or billions of silver to go gather. Then your argument will make sense.
      But, in Albion anyone can just go out the gate of a city and just pick resources up off the ground. So comparing that to spending piles of silver and time to setup, and then even more time and silver for journals and riding around clicking things, doesn't make as much sense as you are pretending.

      And what do you get with an Albion free of laborers? You get more crafting alts. Because instead of crafting being balanced against laborers and focus, now there is no balance at all. So only premium players need apply.

      Very fair, very fun. <----- Sarcasm
      You have to spend an absurd amount of time gathering to get even one gathering up to T8.

      So one takes time other takes money.

      Fact of the matter is, there shouldn't be something that you can pour millions into and then have it be a eternal engine of wealth

      But you keep arguing that labours are fair for the game and healthy, but we both know you are just spitting bullshit to keep the status quo.
    • Alysandra wrote:

      You have to spend an absurd amount of time gathering to get even one gathering up to T8.
      So one takes time other takes money.

      Fact of the matter is, there shouldn't be something that you can pour millions into and then have it be a eternal engine of wealth

      But you keep arguing that labours are fair for the game and healthy, but we both know you are just spitting bullshit to keep the status quo.
      Is it time to do something about Guild Island abuse?

      What is it that I am arguing? You are not very good at this Guess What Piddle Thinks game. You should probably avoid playing it all together.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      You have to spend an absurd amount of time gathering to get even one gathering up to T8.
      So one takes time other takes money.

      Fact of the matter is, there shouldn't be something that you can pour millions into and then have it be a eternal engine of wealth

      But you keep arguing that labours are fair for the game and healthy, but we both know you are just spitting bullshit to keep the status quo.
      Is it time to do something about Guild Island abuse?
      What is it that I am arguing? You are not very good at this Guess What Piddle Thinks game. You should probably avoid playing it all together.
      I don't really care what Piddle thinks, you quote my part about "And the point is "It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather"

      So if you think something should be done with guild island abuse, how about you just say that? I'm not going to go search your history to figure out your stance on things.
    • Alysandra wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Labours was a mistake.

      When i used to do labours, and i didn't do a lot, only 15 in 2 cities, I got a bunch of resources, each day, for "free"

      Now imagine people doing this with 100, 200, 300 labours.

      This and people legit having multiple alts for refining and multiple alts for differente items to craft while spam crafting, is why the market is what it is now, it's a shame.

      Honestly think they should remove labours from the game, or change how they work.
      Eh...How do I explain this: You havev to fill books EVERYTIME you craft. This is not an "optional step". Labourer mechanics are what makes crafting profiteable in the first place.The market adjusted itself to rely on Labourers + Focus crafting to make profit, so, if you remove one of those parts from the equation, the market values would just adjust at the new reality, making everything look exactly the same por crafters: variable margins around 6-20%.When people understands that "if you gathered it yourself, IS NOT FREE" "If you refined it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If you crafted it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If you farmed it yourself, IS NOT FREE", "If your labourer brought if back, IS NOT FREE", maybe market will stop having such weird anomalities. Why I say "Is not free" so much? 2 things: 1. Oportunity Cost: Every item you have in your hands that can be sold has a COST, that if you sell it, can earn, or you can use it and hopefully get it be worth more. Focus applies to oportunity cost too: Is a limited resource that has POTENTIAL VALUE. 2: Time cost: I don't know about you guys (not answering the quote here, more of a generality) but, if you spend hours gathering to say something is free, or hours giving away journals/planting seeds/transporting resources, repeat with me "Is NOT free", since a. You spent your own time, and b. Your time has potential value too, since instead of gatherting T4 for 1 hour for 300k profit maybe you could have farmed essence for 600k an hour.So, TLDR: "IS NOT FREE"
      You can legit buy books - give to labours and make profit. Labours was a mistake.
      You know why you can do that? Because to setup the labourers you need to spend silver, and then to use them you need to spend TIME.Is a great system wich makes the economy be way more vivid than plain crafting.
      Oh WOW! You have to spend time?! Man, when I'm out gathering, time just freeze!It's not a great system, people that have funds, either from swiping or from playing a while can easly setup a empire of labours that give them great return.
      Further on that, sure it takes time, but so does EVERY OTHER ACTION IN THE GAME, and labours are 100% Easy safe non-gankable with return of investment.

      It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather simple.
      Why? :) I enjoy labourers, you enjoy gathering. You spend your time gathering, I enjoy my money in laborers.
      Of Course you enjoy labourers, who wouldn't enjoy a 100% safe gathering spot with nice return for lazy work.
      And the point is "It shouldn't be better to have labours then it is to gather"

      You really think it's healthy gameplay to have labours being better then just going out to gather? When gathering is unsafe and high risk?
      Laborers don't work if there are no influx of gathered materials, since the economy can't sustain lossing 20-30% of the resources at every craft. But this is a offer vs demand thing: If there is too much offer of mats, laborers are not impressive. This is an ecosystem, and "Time vs Money" is implemented on it, like it should.