A Bit Sad...

    • Midgard wrote:

      Gamja wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      technically against the TOS self-referral trick that SBI apparently doesn't actually care about.
      You say it's against TOS but they don't care about it? That doesn't make sense.
      Yeah ... crazy eh? But it’s true ... they don’t give a toss.
      So you're saying people can do this without any repercussions?
      I would also appreciate it if a moderator would give me an answer to this as well. Thank you.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Gamja ().

    • Gamja wrote:

      Midgard wrote:

      Gamja wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      technically against the TOS self-referral trick that SBI apparently doesn't actually care about.
      You say it's against TOS but they don't care about it? That doesn't make sense.
      Yeah ... crazy eh? But it’s true ... they don’t give a toss.
      So you're saying people can do this without any repercussions?I would also appreciate it if a moderator would give me an answer to this as well. Thank you.

      Gosh I love naive optimism
    • Gamja wrote:

      Midgard wrote:

      Gamja wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      technically against the TOS self-referral trick that SBI apparently doesn't actually care about.
      You say it's against TOS but they don't care about it? That doesn't make sense.
      Yeah ... crazy eh? But it’s true ... they don’t give a toss.
      So you're saying people can do this without any repercussions?I would also appreciate it if a moderator would give me an answer to this as well. Thank you.
      lol
      Do you want the moderator to confirm that?
      As if he wanted a clerk to confirm in the newspaper that his office was taking bribes. Everyone knows about it, everyone (ok so most) does it, officially it's against the rules, unofficially it is secretly tolerated. It's such a gray zone .. And don't really expect that any of the devs or the moderator will confirm it for you here ..
    • such negativity!


      what is wrong in having a 10.000 population inflated to 100.000 because of alts?

      what is wrong about not banning people for paying back some of the marketing fees SBI has spent on online marketing... and "slightly" increase the playerbase...

      Except that it is in their TOS... Do players have rights? I mean if law is that you cannot steal but your boss can steal part of your salary because it is "tolerated"...

      This is a bit more than grey area...
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

    • Ravenar wrote:

      what is wrong about not banning people for paying back some of the marketing fees SBI has spent on online marketing...
      Well, it's bad, because SBI has it in the rules and threatens punishment.
      So why not delete it from the rules and it is not officially legal?
      Personally, I don't care at all, the only thing that bothers me is that something that the rules forbid is overlooked and the eyes look elsewhere, just because SBI has profit from it, it's sad and moreover it sheds a bad light on devs .. (As Mr. Korn recently writing in another thread, he talks about trust, so SBI won't gain much in this thing ..)
      I'm just saying, if the SBI agrees / doesn't mind (self-referral), so let them erase it from the rules and make it legal ...
      And the negativity, what you see here is due to SBI itself, its approach .. ;)
    • CassX wrote:

      Well, it's bad, because SBI has it in the rules and threatens punishment.
      So why not delete it from the rules and it is not officially legal?
      Personally, I don't care at all, the only thing that bothers me is that something that the rules forbid is overlooked and the eyes look elsewhere, just because SBI has profit from it, it's sad and moreover it sheds a bad light on devs .. (As Mr. Korn recently writing in another thread, he talks about trust, so SBI won't gain much in this thing ..)
      I'm just saying, if the SBI agrees / doesn't mind (self-referral), so let them erase it from the rules and make it legal ...
      And the negativity, what you see here is due to SBI itself, its approach ..
      This.

      I have 5 accounts and have had prem on all of them. Never once have I self referred as I respect the ToS. Others have created literally dozens of accounts, every referral period, solely for self referral and SBI are fully aware, but completely ignore it to the point of refusing to even comment. Cheats prosper it would seem, and SBI condones it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Midgard ().