Starting to play Albion with my SO. Tips?

• Starting to play Albion with my SO. Tips?

So, this weekend, me and my SO will start our journey into Albion together. I have watched some videos for the basics of the game, and some things caught my eye. I'd like to run these by the community, and maybe get some tips on how to make our journey satisfying and rewarding!
      1. I saw MANY videos claiming that you can get filthy rich in 30 minutes (well, not filthy, but tier 4 equips and everything). Since Albion is community-driven, does that really work? is it really worth it, if so? Do I need a specific build for this, or can i just play what i want while following some baseline directions?
      2. since we'll be pairing up, how much of a difference does our build make? should we go healer + damage? tank + damage? What would be the impact of this choice on the world?
      3. I don't understand how the premiu system works. Many guides claim it's ESSENTIAL, and you can farm it in game, however I'm not sure as to how to do it. Tips?
      4. we will prolly be playing only on weekends. That said, i believe we should run very focused builds and be disciplined in them. Am I right? Any tips for playing like this, around 4-6 hours every week? is it feasible?
      Well, I guess that covers it. If you read it this far, I thank you already! And any tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    • Welcome to the forum @IseyGarfield.

Those are good questions, let's get you sorted out.

IseyGarfield wrote:

1. I saw MANY videos claiming that you can get filthy rich in 30 minutes (well, not filthy, but tier 4 equips and everything). Since Albion is community-driven, does that really work? is it really worth it, if so? Do I need a specific build for this, or can i just play what i want while following some baseline directions?

The videos are guides and not really set in stone, so take it with a grain of salt. It will usually recommend that the players go to the riskier part of the game. Doing that is perfectly fine specially for Veteran players, but it may be overwhelming or not as easy for newer players as it will involve some trial and error. You can share the video you found here and we can discuss it more.

IseyGarfield wrote:

2. since we'll be pairing up, how much of a difference does our build make? should we go healer + damage? tank + damage? What would be the impact of this choice on the world?
      Having a setup like a healer and damage dealer would be very suitable for most of the game's content. This setup is quite viable when you're doing 2v2 Hellgates and other small-scale gameplay. Initially, I would recommend that you select builds that suits both of your playstyles, then you can branch out and specialize once you're absolutely sure. There are times when players get burned out because they feel that they have to play a certain way to enjoy the game.

IseyGarfield wrote:

3. I don't understand how the premiu system works. Many guides claim it's ESSENTIAL, and you can farm it in game, however I'm not sure as to how to do it. Tips?
      Premium status is entirely optional. But it's very advantageous to have it early on as it will help you and your SO with leveling up quicker due to the following perks:
      • 20 Learning Points per day
      • +50% Fame
      • +50% Gathering yield
      • +100% Farm animal growth rate
      • 10,000 Focus Points per day
      • +50% Silver and loot from mobs
      • +100% Crop yield
      • 50% Reduced market tax
      You can purchase premium status using real-currency through the Albion Shop, you can purchase Gold to pay for it, or you can use silver in-game. All the choices are quite viable. If your playtime is limited, it's better to just purchase it to reduce the pressure of trying to earn silver for premium while playing the game.

IseyGarfield wrote:

4. we will prolly be playing only on weekends. That said, i believe we should run very focused builds and be disciplined in them. Am I right? Any tips for playing like this, around 4-6 hours every week? is it feasible?
      It's quite feasible and yes, you can run builds that are focused on the activities you'll be doing. It's even easier if you already have someone to play with as it reduces the time spent looking for a group. What's important here is that you're enjoying the activities you're into.

The answers I shared are quite broad, but if you're looking for specific answers just post your questions here and the community can share their insights.

Best of luck and have fun!

~Evas_Flarelight
    • Midgard wrote:

How the hell do you get a forum perma-ban in just 2 posts ... asking about builds?
      Bots are getting very clever. They take reddit posts from a relevant subreddit (or a similar community site) and then repost them on the forum. After a certain amount of time has passed (so moderators no longer pay attention to the post), they go back to their post and edit it to include spam links.

So if you notice seemingly random links in an otherwise normal-looking post or very old posts being reposted, please report it.