Gank

• Consistently over the past year there has been significant and non-stop nerfs to various methods of ganking. This has been happening since the introduction of the new blackzone/Hideouts and is turning the game into a carebare where the only fighting allowed is when both parties consent. There has been 0 buffs to ganking however the following nerfs have drastically nerfed it. The only exception may be the introduction of the grailseeker however with this came the scepter and aegis.

- Having up to 7 Hideouts in a zone?! and sharing of hideouts
      - Roads portals everywhere
      - Nerfing of Morgana Raven, morgana Nightmare (a 12M mount btw) fearing mounts
      - Wells at the portal zones with huge AOE zones on either side of portal zones
      - Upcoming frost staff nerf, bearpaws nerf, bloodletter nerf
      - Increase of mounts HPs signifcantly Bear HP was increased by ~900 with no other stat change as well as other mounts speeds increased
      - Solo dungeons closing after 60s
      - Buffs to gathering gear
      - Invisibility potions lasting between instances (solo/group diving when they have scouts)

These are some I can think of just the top of my head. This is ruining large portion of the game and is turning the game more into a game of numbers IE a 20 man group spread through a zone catching everyone in it because of purely power in numbers. It will turn the game into a way of cheesing rather than skill through the utilisation of ganking scouts, numbers, etc more so than it already is.

I am both a gatherer and a ganker. Your changes made the game more boring for both sides. Gatherers get bored with collecting when they can't be killed. It's a shame that you care about casual gamers and not your former mainstream audience ... <X
    • Ohhh ganking the most best feature of the game *sarcasm*

while i agree ganking is much harder than it was before to be fair you are ganking people who wont fight back most of the time
      and you also come in large numbers making escaping hard as it is already.
      as if one person can escape from a mob of players with perma cc chain

solo ganking and dungeon diving was killed and transformed into corrupted dungeons and now you people complain that they became rats or became so hard to fight because they could not fight back those broken one shot and kite builds?.
      i dare you try bring those filthy ganking builds into corrupted dungeons and try to fairly fight those builds who can actualy fight back for once

deal with it. gathering is much safer now and it satisfy the lower casual player base and those hard core gankers now have to fight zergs or parties their own size who at least will put up a decent fight.
      looks at red zone with the many faction zergs running around. ya..... good luck with that
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Ohhh ganking the most best feature of the game *sarcasm*

while i agree ganking is much harder than it was before to be fair you are ganking people who wont fight back most of the time
      and you also come in large numbers making escaping hard as it is already.
      as if one person can escape from a mob of players with perma cc chain

solo ganking and dungeon diving was killed and transformed into corrupted dungeons and now you people complain that they became rats or became so hard to fight because they could not fight back those broken one shot and kite builds?.
      i dare you try bring those filthy ganking builds into corrupted dungeons and try to fairly fight those builds who can actualy fight back for once

deal with it. gathering is much safer now and it satisfy the lower casual player base and those hard core gankers now have to fight zergs or parties their own size who at least will put up a decent fight.
      looks at red zone with the many faction zergs running around. ya..... good luck with that
      Black zones should be a very dangerous place. Now any player can sit in them watching a movie on a second monitor. If you don't want to die. you should be in a yellow location.
    • "should be"
      is a very relative term depending on if you are a solo or in a guild

some areas most notably without any friendly hideouts is very hard for people to gather. to gather in blackzone you need a hideout or somewhere safe to store your stuff then transport it down to royals to sell later ontop of that large guild would not take kindly to people stealing their resources in their zone either epically t8 stone and hide

and lets be real assume you gather for 1-2 hours and your transport mount (preferbly a lymhurst boar) will be full and you would make roughly 2-4 mil in resources once sold to a royal city

gather any more then that would need multiple trips down and up and would go through some dangerous areas sometimes. therefore is is very important to have a place to store the loot and that your hideout has friendly terms with the landlord of the zone.

or you could store it in the outlands bank while gathering but you cannot set home there if you need to make multiple trips after a mass gathering session
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• Gankers.. well

they are rare.. i basically just do 5-10 CD each day from carleon since a few months and I haven't died to a tank there yet.

Yes I have killed some gankers so 1 per week around but to be honest, no issue at all

And to be fair, much too less successful ganks for a full loot pvp game ..

I should die at least all 3 days to one but it is not happening..
    • hummm i also think black zone abit too peaceful atm.
      due to lack of players outside of zvz time
      there is just nothing worth risking in the black zone to worth running several zones deep
      at least in a solo player point of view

This game currently lacks proper "End game content"
      and i think i know why.

the drop pool is almost too similar for every content aside from roads of avalon/avalon content

also unlike most mmo games there is a lack of "end game superweapons". if you were to look at world of warcraft/ eve online there exist proper endgame items worth achiveing.

also end game in this content is what ever you make it out to be such as high infamy/ high faction standing/ first in crystal arena/ best guild
      but after some time pursuing the goal you start to lose interest

and by that point is where we all turn to ganking to have fun and waste time by ruining other people's day at least from my point of view

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• First off, right at some points

My need and the need of most competitive 1 and 2 player is either a hg that I spam of course from the market of carleon or i look for my cd around carleon. Why? Black market of course

Every player plays from carleon if cd or hg because the dump to black market.

There is no black market in the bz towns, merlin etc..so if u get something non meta u have to transport it, which is boring..

On top as u said, there is zero incentive to do something else..

So what could be done??

Look for example roads, it is my favorite example where sbi accidentally did something right but didn't exploit it..

Take the SRD there. 600% drop chance, I always have a fight in there, because the reward justifies the risk.

But i stopped doing it, for 2 reasons. Availability is one - it is simply most time not respawned

Second, other have found it is nice and 5 man groups gank the SRD.

I don't want to enumerate the 1800 proposals to make srd more fair, starting from portals that recharge, over friendly fire and no group inside, to blobbing on more of one or 2 people..

But well, even this cool thing is dead..

So I do what I always do and btw most of the streamers, we do CD from town, which has a lot of issues but it is still best content for viewer in the game..
    • there should be a end game content of some sort which streamers can challenge or should challenge at least once in their career

the streaming community has shifted to mostly solo corrupted dungeons with the exception of people like equarts which loves to 1vX