add 1v1 hgs

• Hellgates
    • add 1v1 hgs

idc if they suck, we can fix the dumb stuff later with debuffs like in 2v2 hgs
      -if healers are op just reduce self healing in the hgs
      -if builds that knock you into lava are op just make it where the stronger lava cleanse cc and makes you immune to cc idk
      -if gigs boots are op, idk everyone will probably run gig boots

id rather just deal with a cancer 1v1 hgs meta then outplay a quarterstaff 40 times in a row and watch him reset 40 times in a row

also like the fights would be so much quicker and less pve

also remove matchmaking in all hellgates, probably be easier for good teams to fight good teams at that rate
    • In a funny way, 1 on 1 hg is the missing link for the pvp community..

CD is the endless rat / no rat / unlimited reset / overgear & check - exit if inconvenient..

1 on 1 hg would be extrem interesting as it would be the pure solo pvp but I would not remove mobs on intrusion else it gets too Duell like..
    • As promised in another thread, I'll give this idea my thumbs up.

Trial_hard wrote:

In a funny way, 1 on 1 hg is the missing link for the pvp community..

CD is the endless rat / no rat / unlimited reset / overgear & check - exit if inconvenient..

1 on 1 hg would be extrem interesting as it would be the pure solo pvp but I would not remove mobs on intrusion else it gets too Duell like..
      Basically what he said. I've seen complaints about some "rats" breaking the crystals, about forcing people to PvP, about overpowered/underpowered builds... why not provide content that finally puts an end to at least some of these? Rising lava, mandatory PvP, and no reset possibility will ensure only one side comes out of this in one piece.

As for the matchmaking, I'd rather make it stricter, so overequipped players/teams find similarly equipped opponents instead of being thrown against 4.1-toting rats and making it an endless chase or, if combined with the rising lava, an inevitable execution.

1 vs 1 HG would be garbage top tier build only. All other builds will be weaker and whole content 1vs1 HG will be dead pretty soon.
      Corrupted dungeons made that way exactly to avoid "only one build possible" solo pvp.
      exactly that NOT

Because right now people play 8.3 overgear in full scout out & run away gear if fight inconvenient.

Albion is rock paper scissors, especially if after time lava comes..

U have 3-4 trys to one shot, then fighting power comes in..

It would auto balance and just true good pvp player would dress 8.3 - no more the pvp inspect match run 8.3 overgear guys
    • i find it funny how people complain about rats.
      when it is natural to not want to die
      i have gone beyond the point of trying to catch rats which flee all the time into someone who waits for people to invade me or wants to fight me earnestly

think about it this way. before corrupted dungeons was a thing where people would solo dive dungeons and kill pve players in the green dungeons this made blackzone (since T8 dunegons only spawn in blackzone) and to an extent redzone dungeon diving an interesting but unfair thing to say the least

and 9/10 times the divers would come in 2 or more people (1 with cc and 1 with damage) and win 90% of the fights against players geared for pve. also the fact the dungeons is only 1 straight line from start to end does not help matters

then came corrupted dungeons which is suppose to imitate the experience but on a fairer playing field as in 1v1 and many ways to outsmart your opponent
      Only then came the complaints that rats exist. that only exist to break crystals.

if you think about it, the old system of dungeon diving and finding people doing dungeons in black and red dungeons back in the day took way longer and more effort to accomplish then the corrupted dungeons auto match making.

these so called dungeon divers take 100% PvP fight gear(focus on survivability and combat and not mobility) and expect people who take pve gear which is similar back in the old dungeon clear days which favor mobility and clear speed and expect them not to run?

if you want to invade and kill someone you should at least put some effort into chasing your prey. dont expect everyone to fight you just because corrupted dungeons exist as a PVP place when it actualy is more of a dungeon diver experience
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

i find it funny how people complain about rats.
      when it is natural to not want to die
      i have gone beyond the point of trying to catch rats which flee all the time into someone who waits for people to invade me or wants to fight me earnestly

think about it this way. before corrupted dungeons was a thing where people would solo dive dungeons and kill pve players in the green dungeons this made blackzone (since T8 dunegons only spawn in blackzone) and to an extent redzone dungeon diving an interesting but unfair thing to say the least

and 9/10 times the divers would come in 2 or more people (1 with cc and 1 with damage) and win 90% of the fights against players geared for pve. also the fact the dungeons is only 1 straight line from start to end does not help matters

then came corrupted dungeons which is suppose to imitate the experience but on a fairer playing field as in 1v1 and many ways to outsmart your opponent
      Only then came the complaints that rats exist. that only exist to break crystals.

if you think about it, the old system of dungeon diving and finding people doing dungeons in black and red dungeons back in the day took way longer and more effort to accomplish then the corrupted dungeons auto match making.

these so called dungeon divers take 100% PvP fight gear(focus on survivability and combat and not mobility) and expect people who take pve gear which is similar back in the old dungeon clear days which favor mobility and clear speed and expect them not to run?

if you want to invade and kill someone you should at least put some effort into chasing your prey. dont expect everyone to fight you just because corrupted dungeons exist as a PVP place when it actualy is more of a dungeon diver experience
      if u read u could realize that I talk about 8.3 pvp rats. Which is lame..