Hellgate Adjustments in Patch 3

• Hellgate Adjustments in Patch 3

Greetings everyone,

We’ve been reading through feedback about the new 10v10 Hellgates released in Call to Arms, as well as watching a lot of great videos players have shared on various social platforms.
    We’re definitely happy with the response to the PvP content when it happens but would like to incorporate some of the feedback for improving the accessibility and matchmaking of the feature in Patch 3.
    To start, we’ve reduced the Base IP Requirement 1100 to 1000, as well as changed the soft cap from 1300 to 1200 and a scaling factor change from 0.5 to 0.35.
    This should significantly decrease the barrier of entry so more of you can experience the content without breaking your banks.
    In addition to this, we’ve also reduced the selectivity of the matchmaking progress even further, so teams more readily match with each other. It’s our hope that these changes will increase the frequency of PvP in 10v10 Hellgates significantly. We’ve also made some changes to the PvE component of the Hellgates so that non-player enemies play a less significant role in the experience. Among these changes are:

• A significant reduction in damage to both auto-attacks and abilities
    • A reduction of HP for all 10v10 NPCs
    • Specific reductions to outlying attacks such as the auto-attacks of Demonic Predators and a 37% reduction to the damage of the Demonic Berserker’s “Raging Onslaught” charge

Finally, we’ve reviewed the rewards for Hellgates and made some significant changes to provide even more incentive to explore the depths of Hell.
    The base loot has been tweaked slightly resulting in minor changes across all hellgates. In very few outlying cases the base loot was slightly reduced, but in the vast majority of these cases, the base loot was increased. Furthermore, we’ve made the following changes:

• Corrected an issue that caused the bonus from Infamy to not display
    • Resolved an issue that prevented Infamy from providing its full bonus in many cases
    • Added Fame to the chests received after successfully defeating opponents in PvP

This will result in a significant increase in the overall rewards for all Hellgates, most notably the 10v10 Hellgates.
    Thanks for your continued feedback on this, and we look forward to seeing more epic 10v10 battles from the community soon!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seldom ().

• Are you sure u did read the feedback??

Added Fame to the chests received after successfully defeating opponents in PvP

The problem of the people is, in order to be competitive u need avalonian gear e.g. hallowfall.

And it doesn't matter if it is T4 or T5 hallowfall, you pay the 1-2 mio per setup.

On top getting 10 people together and maintain these is really a tough task, so there won't be much teams

So it costs the same, the people just get reward if they win, not even Fame, and maintain the team is same tricky..

So in what way you think this will help??

Okay rhetoric question, i don't want and answer take this as free consulting...
  • I like these changes they are a great step towards making 10v10 great.

@Trial_hard the issues with Hallowfall and healing sets in general are a separate problem that impacts all full loot instanced PvP and does not change the fact that these changes to 10v10s are a great step in the right direction. I do worry however that until Hallowfall becomes one of many healing options and not the lone option for competitive healing we will see lower participation in 5s 10s and 20s. There is good news on that front though as there are changes incoming for that issue as well.
  • Trial_hard wrote:

Are you sure u did read the feedback??

Added Fame to the chests received after successfully defeating opponents in PvP

The problem of the people is, in order to be competitive u need avalonian gear e.g. hallowfall.

And it doesn't matter if it is T4 or T5 hallowfall, you pay the 1-2 mio per setup.

On top getting 10 people together and maintain these is really a tough task, so there won't be much teams

So it costs the same, the people just get reward if they win, not even Fame, and maintain the team is same tricky..

So in what way you think this will help??

Okay rhetoric question, i don't want and answer take this as free consulting...
    Hallowfall is being nerfed and nature is being buffed, soon hallowfall will not be the only option for healers and the price will drop, i believe
  • Shozen wrote:

I like these changes they are a great step towards making 10v10 great.

@Trial_hard the issues with Hallowfall and healing sets in general are a separate problem that impacts all full loot instanced PvP and does not change the fact that these changes to 10v10s are a great step in the right direction. I do worry however that until Hallowfall becomes one of many healing options and not the lone option for competitive healing we will see lower participation in 5s 10s and 20s. There is good news on that front though as there are changes incoming for that issue as well.
    u mean the double seed or the great holy??

Rubbish, as long as hallowfall is the only mobile cc aoe heal it will be hallowfall & hallowfall & hallowfall..

Just look at the double seed..that is one q of a holy...u think that makes any difference?? Really??
  • - after finishing clearing a hellgate through clearing mobs, make a chest spawn at the exit, just like how a chest spawns after killing another team. this will give an incentive to make people run hellgates while waiting for teams, instead of just waiting for another team in town to form.
    - buff fame or add chest with tomes at the end of clearing the dungeon, fame is currently 10 times less compared to the pre-rework hellgates

and please, when you did the balancing for the 10v10 and 5v5 """hellgates""", you obviously, AND CLEARLY, did not compare the loot and fame to how it was in the old hellgates. because at the current state, you get a TENTH, which is 1/10 in case you can't read, of the fame you used to get in the old hellgates. when we tested the 10v10 hellgates at release, we were getting 100k fame per hour, old hellgates we used to make at least 1mil per hour on optimal condition.

don't say you read the feedback when you clearly have not and skipped the most crucial changes to make the gates alive again. useless.
  • Okay so I love the fame u added when u open the winning team chest. But there is still a problem. You need to fight teams to get that chest. You have to add a chest at the end of every map. It's the only way your going to get people to grind. People can't rat it cause there going to die in flat 8. This update will help 10s a little but your still never gonna have what it was first day it was out unless you add another chest.
  • These are good changes, in my opinion.
    • Fame from opening the final chests is something that was missing. In the old hellgate, even if you get bad loot from the final chest / boss, you could count on the good fame. It shouldn't have been removed in first place, so it's a good thing it's back.
    • Loot increase was undeniably needed. People have been complaining about this since the new hellgate came out.
    • Regarding 10v10s: You can find good fights in non-lethals, sure. They are fun - but it's not the real deal. Getting fights in lethals was stupidly difficult. More than once I went in with a group, spent way too much time inside and came out empty-handed. If the changes in base IP requirement doesn't make it more accessible, I don't know what will.
    The soft cap and IP scaling adjustments are the only things that I don't know what to think about. I am guessing it is calculated for each separated item in the simplest way possible:

IP inside HG = min( IP outside HG , soft cap ) + scaling factor * max( 0 , IP outside HG - soft cap )

If your item had 1500 IP outside the gate prior to the changes, it would have 1400 IP inside.
    If your item had 1400 IP outside the gate prior to the changes, it would have 1350 IP inside.
    If your item had 1300 IP or less outside the gate prior to the changes, it would be unaffected.

If your item has 1500 IP outside the gate after the changes, it will have 1305 IP inside.
    If your item has 1400 IP outside the gate after the changes, it will have 1270 IP inside.
    If your item has 1300 IP outside the gate after the changes, it will have 1235 IP inside.
    If your item has 1200 IP or less outside the gate after the changes, it will be unaffected.

Even after looking at the numbers it's hard for me to say. I think instanced PvP for 10 member parties shouldn't be easily accessible, but I do want to see more 10v10 fights taking place. I hope it turns out alright!
  • So is the fame only given on defeating an enemy team? The issue for me is that sometimes when I run 5v5 hg's I don't fight another team for 4-5 instances. That time we are spent clearing mobs isn't rewarded at all.

how to fix
    - give fame at the end of each instance along with loot
    - stack the reward of defeating an enemy team with the amount of times you cleared instances previously. IE. if you cleared 5 instances before fighting a team and win, you will gain rewards for those 5 instances + defeating the enemy team.

why is that important?
    if you don't add incentive to clear, why do you want a high infamy account doing hellgates? The rewards are less, and you fight less teams. You encourage not climbing the infamy ladder, and encourage smurfing (playing on alts).
  • @Seldom

For 10v10:
    People need incentive to START a group, give us LOOT chests when we get NO SHOWS. Hellgates have been super dead because there’s zero motivation to be the first group to start it because it’s such a waste of time channeling from gate to gate without a fight and no rewards.
    What is happening every day is no one wants to form a 10 men party unless people find out there’s a team playing gates through discord. Then at some point one team disbands and the other one gets bored from getting no shows/no loot and quit too.
    If you give teams a good loot reward at the end of the gate even on no shows that’s a huge incentive to start a team and keep hellgating.
  • EricWer wrote:

@Seldom

For 10v10:
    People need incentive to START a group, give us LOOT chests when we get NO SHOWS. Hellgates have been super dead because there’s zero motivation to be the first group to start it because it’s such a waste of time channeling from gate to gate without a fight and no rewards.
    What is happening every day is no one wants to form a 10 men party unless people find out there’s a team playing gates through discord. Then at some point one team disbands and the other one gets bored from getting no shows/no loot and quit too.
    If you give teams a good loot reward at the end of the gate even on no shows that’s a huge incentive to start a team and keep hellgating.
    do u really think it is fixed if the top cityfight team has an incentive to stay in??

Seriously?? One team??
  • Trial_hard wrote:

do u really think it is fixed if the top cityfight team has an incentive to stay in??
    Seriously?? One team??
    I’ll try to explain with other words. First of, I’ve not mentioned “top cityfight team” in my post so I don’t know where did that come from.
    Currently, most part of the day there is not a single team doing the 10v10 lethal hellgate, which means there’s a total of zero teams and therefore no reason to even bother starting a group because all you’ll end up doing is PvE and no fights/no loot.
    Adding a loot chest for no shows gives people a reason to START a team no matter if these people know if there are teams already playing or not, and that also incentives them to keep the hellgate ALIVE by channeling from gate to gate rather than AFK not doing gates waiting for another team to start hellgating.
    Once there’s an incentive to always have a team hellgating, you’ll have people willing to make teams to hellgate too because there will finally have teams to PvP
  • I think a lot of momentum was lost from the patch. It'll be a little difficult to get word around that 10 v 10 gates have lower ip entry.

I just find it bizarre that HGs are flat-out worse than before the CTA patch in terms of fame and loot. IDK about the infamy and how well it scales but nobody wants to organize 10 people, to do shitty PVE with absolutely pitiful rewards. As it stands if there is a no show: your infamy barely goes up and the loot is quite literally non-existent. Also the mobs offer worse fame than a regular BZ blue dungeon, it makes me wonder how HG is a "high risk/high reward" activity when there really isn't any reward at all.

Meanwhile you have Ava dungeons, statics and random dungeons giving significantly more fame while also being a lot less risky.