Seriously Lightxbow "TOO" OP in PVE

    • Combat Balance
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      form up your own group?
      I mean, he is correct tho... Xbow + Candle outdps everything. EVERYTHING. By a fair margin. The mechanics on the Xbow and it beign 1h are just too good for PvE. Actually, maybe other options are just too bad.

      But, as an aswer for the OP: In every endgame PvE content eventually a couple (or less) options will rise as trimphants in the DPS charts and the others will either be relegated to lower level content or to change to the best option.

      For example, during Wrath of The Lich King in WoW, Icecrown Citadel raid was plagued by Mutilate Rogues, wich had BY FAR the most DPS. Is just the way PvE is optimized: The thing wich is better, will just outshine everything, and since PvE (HCE) in Albion takes only 5 slots and -in most cases- you need a tank and a healer, optimizing the other 3 slots is key: The strongest dps.

      To be fair, explosive shot could use a PvE damage reduction like Frost third Q, but probably would still be top pick since there are just not (other than Crossbow and Frost) 1 handed weapons wich actually do AoE dps properly. 1handed is A MUST, since the thing that's op is not the crossbow on its own, but the +65% damage buff from the cryptcandle.
    • As an HCE player I can assure you that Light Xbow is only one of the best but can be defeated by ChillHowl+Crypt that is if you have a very low ping and if you can smash the Q key on your keyboard so fast. Even a non-maxed spec ChillHowl user can defeat a max spec Light Xbow. Another reason is that Chillhowl's E can sometimes cause issues with tanks if the user does not properly know how to use it

      these are weapons that deals high damage in HCE but not necessarily highest to lowest damage.

      Chillhowl+Crypt
      Light Xbow
      There is also one Fire user that is saying that he is dealing more damage than most light xbow by 10% to 20%

      Also if the chillhowl user uses Royal Robe it can buff light xbow's damage.

      Just to add. It seems that Albion Online Devs no longer care about HCE so they may just ignore anything about anything related to HCE.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by HellHeart ().

    • well, the light crossbow has a good balance between damage on auto attacks, auto-attack speed, skill damage and mobility, underline mobility. The weapon lacks bonus stats that most melee weapons have.
      Since you compare crossbow to mages . Mages have high mobility, crossbows don't. You have to give something to receive something and here it goes the dmg.
    • Pilavpawa wrote:

      well, the light crossbow has a good balance between damage on auto attacks, auto-attack speed, skill damage and mobility, underline mobility. The weapon lacks bonus stats that most melee weapons have.
      Since you compare crossbow to mages . Mages have high mobility, crossbows don't. You have to give something to receive something and here it goes the dmg.
      This is a PvE comparison and nobody cares about mobility or anything that's damage or "utility (AKA, something that increase further the damage)" in PvE, wich crossbow has both.
    • lmao light xbow doesn't clear hce's faster than 2x perma+ withcwork does clear mob faster than the current 2 light xbow+ ava curse.
      On paper dps might not seem like it, but damage output is actually higher and clear mob packs faster. Obviously on bosses you need to swap.

      the real reason that light xbow is so good right now, it allows for shit tanks and healers to be used in high level maps since the slow on the traps is compensating for bad tanks and/or bad healers or both.

      It's just a comfort meta for mechanically bad players (tanks mostly). and so is the healer build using double beam, 100% to cover up being a bad healer too.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      lmao light xbow doesn't clear hce's faster than 2x perma+ withcwork does clear mob faster than the current 2 light xbow+ ava curse.
      On paper dps might not seem like it, but damage output is actually higher and clear mob packs faster. Obviously on bosses you need to swap.

      the real reason that light xbow is so good right now, it allows for shit tanks and healers to be used in high level maps since the slow on the traps is compensating for bad tanks and/or bad healers or both.

      It's just a comfort meta for mechanically bad players (tanks mostly). and so is the healer build using double beam, 100% to cover up being a bad healer too.
      Uh... Perma dps is terrible compared to any other frost staff so I can't take seriously what you're saying here. You know what's pretty cool from PvE? They make charts, lots of charts to measure DPS. And the numbers are there.
    • Gabumon wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      lmao light xbow doesn't clear hce's faster than 2x perma+ withcwork does clear mob faster than the current 2 light xbow+ ava curse.
      On paper dps might not seem like it, but damage output is actually higher and clear mob packs faster. Obviously on bosses you need to swap.

      the real reason that light xbow is so good right now, it allows for shit tanks and healers to be used in high level maps since the slow on the traps is compensating for bad tanks and/or bad healers or both.

      It's just a comfort meta for mechanically bad players (tanks mostly). and so is the healer build using double beam, 100% to cover up being a bad healer too.
      Uh... Perma dps is terrible compared to any other frost staff so I can't take seriously what you're saying here. You know what's pretty cool from PvE? They make charts, lots of charts to measure DPS. And the numbers are there.
      Charts assume perfect dps/rotation. In actual practice, I've never been outdps by a light xbow when using a 1800+ perma compared to 1800+ light xbow... That's personal experience.
      and my personal experience showed me that I've done some 15+ maps about 1-2 minutes faster with the comp I mentioned than I've ever seen any xbow comp do due to lower dps.

      and I won't even start mentioning the amount of extra CC that do not have diminishing returns that come from this 2x perma comp+witchwork since it just makes it almost impossible for the tank to be hit by anything if he walks away far enough. (obviously interrupting 100% of the spells can actually cause more damage to be dealt to the tank since auto attacks in high level maps can hurt way more than letting an aoe hit nothing which prevents the mob from doing 2-3 auto-attacks instead).

      The light xbow is 100% a crutch for bad players.just the fact you lack so much damage on the W is insane but hey, the slow to slow mobs is great for bad tanks.

      obviously this only applies to clear mob packs. Clearing bosses is different.

      Perma is excellent to support the tank and have high damage If you have a brain. Chillhowl has more damage, but casting the E is really detrimental since it prevents a player for doing any action for it's duration or protects a mob from being damage.

      But what do i know about first staves right? just another dumb ass that' maxed out in them with fire staves. (i do have close to 500/700 on xbows too so not like i don't play them).

      the charts do not reflect the actual reality. charts are only good if you play with bad players since it optimize what they can do even if they are incompetent, hence why the light xbow became popular. Not because it's the best dps possible. It is the best dps possible for low iq players that don't understand shit in the game.